Skip to comments.Largest Donor to Obama Super PAC Calls Mormonism a 'Cult'
Posted on 04/29/2012 5:54:21 AM PDT by Internet Walnut
Bill Maher, the largest donor to President Obama's super PAC, called Mormonism a "cult" on his HBO show last night, and said that donating money to that religion doesn't count as charity because it's "bulls---."
...it illustrated his DEISM was not a full Christianity:
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.Romans 16:17
I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.1 Corinthians 4:17
For this reason I am sending to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church.1 Corinthians 11:2
2. I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the teachings, just as I passed them on to you.Ephesians 4:14-15
14. Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.
15. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.2 Thessalonians 2:15
So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.2 Thessalonians 3:6
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.1 Timothy 1:3-4
3. As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer
4. nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work--which is by faith.1 Timothy 1:7
They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.1 Timothy 2:7
And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle--I am telling the truth, I am not lying--and a teacher of the true faith to the Gentiles.1 Timothy 4:1-2
1. The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
2. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.1 Timothy 4:6
If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed.1 Timothy 4:11
Command and teach these things.1 Timothy 6:3-5
3. If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching,
4. he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions
5. and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.2 Timothy 1:13
What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus.2 Timothy 2:15-17
15. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
16. Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.
17. Their teaching will spread like gangrene.2 Timothy 3:16-17
16. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
17. so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.2 Timothy 4:3-4
3. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
4. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.Titus 1:11
They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach--and that for the sake of dishonest gain.Titus 2:1
You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.Titus 2:15
These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.Hebrews 13:9
Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings.2 Peter 2:1-3
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.2 John 1:10
If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him.
Theological issues aside, that comment is pretty rich coming from a liberal Democrat, which some time ago stopped being a political party so much as a religious cult, with all the tell-tale characteristics.
Then I can be assured that you'll respond to #61 when you get to it; right?
...that'd make you around 62?
You are about to know more...
Too bad for THEM!!!
I'd just HATE to be a SLC MORMON, and have the KNOWLEDGE that I am going to HELL!!!!
"Now if any of you will deny the plurality of wives, and continue to do so, I promise that you will be damned;
and I will go still further and say, take this revelation, or any other revelation that the Lord has given,
and deny it in your feelings, and I promise that you will be damned.
Brigham Young - JoD 3:266 (July 14, 1855)
I think I know why I've not seen you on the RELIGION forum of FR.
You really don't seem to know much about them...
I find it pitiful that ACCUSERS of a small (but powerful) group of FR posters can never seem to actually POST any of the things they so boastfully jabber on about.
What bothers him is the huge nbrs of Mormons who are registered as republicans ( 75%).
No other religious group comes close.
Obama and the DNC will now have huge issues with Sen Reid’s religion.
Anyone interested in learning about an organization - such as the Russian Communist Party, would be wise to go to the source, such as PRAVDA.
Color coding explanation:
Added stuff... Changed stuff... Rearranged stuff... Removed stuff...
*(UNDERLINED stuff is the DISTRACTING reference on every tenth word or so that infuses LDS 'scripture' online.)
|The Official Scriptures of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2006 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.
You need to get hold of Paragon Defender and get his COMPLETE list - not just LDS.ORG
You need to be SURE to get the LATEST changes hot off the presses though...
Original 1830 - "...king Benjamin had a gift from God, whereby he could interpret such engravings;..."
1964 change- "...king Mosiah had a gift from God, whereby he could interpret such engravings;..."
3 Nephi 22:4
1830 -"...for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more."
1981- "...for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more."
I Nephi 12:18
1830 - ...yea, even the word of the justice of the Eternal God, and Jesus Christ, which is the Lamb of God... (historical note- Jesus Christ was not revealed to the Nephites until II Nephi 10:3.)
1981 - yea, even the word of the justice of the Eternal God, and Messiah which is the Lamb of God...
We have a WINNER!
I trust Sarah Palin’s judgement.
She said Mitt will know to surround himself with conservatives and that gives her confidence.
Also, I trust Dick Cheney’s judgement. VP Cheney said Mitt would do a whale of a job.
Living in glass houses and all that...
I don't really care, I'm not Catholic.