Skip to comments.Mormon Bishop Mitt Romney’s Anti-Christian Religion
Posted on 05/01/2012 7:33:08 PM PDT by Mozilla
Many naive Americans believe that Mormonism is merely another branch of protestant Christianity. Well thats not what the founders and leaders of Mormonism believed.
According to its founder, Joseph Smith, and Brigham Young, Smiths successor, Mormons are the only true people of God on the earth. All non-Mormons and their religions are wrong, an abomination, blind, damned, of the devil, whores, not Christians, groveling in darkness, heathens, ignorant, devoid of fact, pagan and hatched in Hell.
When Romney made a speech about his religion in 2008 he refused to distance himself from his faith and fully affirmed his Mormonism. Responding to critics, Romney said,
"They would prefer it if I would simply distance myself from my religion, say that it is more a tradition than my personal conviction, or disavow one or another of its precepts. That I will not do. I believe in my Mormon faith and I endeavor to live by it. My faith is the faith of my fathers - I will be true to them and to my beliefs."
Romney, the father of homosexual marriage in America and abortion funding Romney Care in Massachusetts, flip-flops on virtually every issue, but he is adamant about his anti-Christian Mormonism. Romney needs the vote of Christians to win election, but he refuses to disavow one or another of its precepts.
Nor can anyone think Romney is merely a casual or cultural Mormon who just happened to be born Mormon. He is an active Bishop in the Mormon church hierarchy. He cannot pretend to be ignorant of the teaching of Joseph Smith and the other prophets of Mormonism.
Below is a list of quotes from Mormon leaders and official publications starting with Joseph Smith down to our day. The message is consistent and clear.
(Excerpt) Read more at defendchristians.org ...
Did you even consider that God sent Obama not only as a judgment against the United States, but to draw us closer to Him?
Does a nation that has willingly slaughtered 50 million babies have a right to complain when a tyrant like Obama is foisted upon them?
We as a nation need to repent and turn back to God. That would not include those of us who recognize the evil that our nation has wrought, but we need to convince everyone who doesn't recognize that holocaust to repent and to turn back to the God who granted us this great nation and the Liberty which no other country on Earth ever possessed.
If we as Christians choose to fear Obama more than God and compromise our principles merely out of fear, then we deserve the government we get.
marylovesthelions Since May 3, 2012
I've been here over 10 years and have been an active participant in the Religion Forum since then. You come on here after signing up yesterday and claim to see nothing of the love of Christ in a post where I am imploring Christians not to compromise their Christian principles because of a fear of Obama and you want me to go away.
Methinks thou art a Retread.
And thus spake Ezekiel:
Ezekiel 33: 7-9:I am sure that Ezekiel is totally right about this.
So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel; whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me.
If I say to the wicked, O wicked man, you shall surely die; and you do not speak to warn the wicked to turn from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand.
But if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way; he shall die in his iniquity, but you will have saved your soul.
You wrote: "...the Gospel proclaims they must have to make heav[e]n, use the distorted 'I can't judge people' to hide from their responsibilities as Christians."
And yet, if you apply this standard to a presidential election, I feel pretty sure that whoever the nominee is, Ezekiel would have a serious problem with him. For by Ezekeiel's just standard, all are wicked. (After all, we bear original sin from Adam.)
And I suspect that you yourself are no Ezekiel, who unlike you (in all probability) is divinely entitled in righteousness and justice to say such things....
Meanwhile, we have a sitting president who laughs at, utterly scorns all matters that were of of concern to Ezekiel.
And you, in your doctrinal purity, will help him to serve another four years in office. You are a tool of God's vengeance on the faithlessness of America.
In the process, you help to destroy what remains of the most "Godly" nation on earth by giving Obama four more years (at least....).
In the end, it looks like you are more worried about the spiritual condition of your own butt than the survival of the United States as a going concern, "under God." Thanks alot.
Look at the posting history, I’m willing to bet it is Resty.
She lives in Michigan and the Lions are Detroit’s team.
Just what would you like to ‘see’?
It appears then, that a large part of the bible is engaging in false teaching; namely, the example of the following Scripture:
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.Romans 16:17
I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.1 Corinthians 4:17
For this reason I am sending to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church.1 Corinthians 11:2
2. I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the teachings, just as I passed them on to you.Ephesians 4:14-15
14. Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.
15. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.2 Thessalonians 2:15
So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.2 Thessalonians 3:6
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.1 Timothy 1:3-4
3. As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer
4. nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work--which is by faith.1 Timothy 1:7
They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.1 Timothy 2:7
And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle--I am telling the truth, I am not lying--and a teacher of the true faith to the Gentiles.1 Timothy 4:1-2
1. The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
2. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.1 Timothy 4:6
If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed.1 Timothy 4:11
Command and teach these things.1 Timothy 6:3-5
3. If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching,
4. he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions
5. and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.2 Timothy 1:13
What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus.2 Timothy 2:15-17
15. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
16. Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.
17. Their teaching will spread like gangrene.2 Timothy 3:16-17
16. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
17. so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.2 Timothy 4:3-4
3. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
4. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.Titus 1:11
They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach--and that for the sake of dishonest gain.Titus 2:1
You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.Titus 2:15
These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.Hebrews 13:9
Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings.2 Peter 2:1-3
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.2 John 1:10
If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him.
Excellent! Very well said.
Why do you JUDGE this to be so?
I am judging them based upon their DOCTRINE and THEOLOGY. It is absolutely impossible to be a believing Mormon and be a saved Christian. The two ARE mutually exclusive.
Start doing some research into Mormonism and you will see my point.
Then you should be able to point out hatred, ignorance and irrelevence.
I'll be waiting.
As will the jury waiting to see YOUR evidence, as they've already seen mine.
LOVE in action:
"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them.
Matthew 231. Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:
2. "The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
3. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.
4. They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
5. "Everything they do is done for men to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long;
6. they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues;
7. they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them `Rabbi.'
8. "But you are not to be called `Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers.
9. And do not call anyone on earth `father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
10. Nor are you to be called `teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you will be your servant.
12. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
13. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.
14. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.
16. "Woe to you, blind guides! You say, `If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.'
17. You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?
18. You also say, `If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.'
19. You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred?
20. Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it.
21. And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it.
22. And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.
23. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
24. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.
25. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
26. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
27. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.
28. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
29. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous.
30. And you say, `If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.'
31. So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets.
32. Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!
33. "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?
34. Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town.
35. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
36. I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.
37. "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.
38. Look, your house is left to you desolate.
39. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, `Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' "
26. The woman was a Greek, born in Syrian Phoenicia. She begged Jesus to drive the demon out of her daughter.
27. "First let the children eat all they want," he told her, "for it is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."
And St. Paul chimes in...
Look at the posting history, Im willing to bet it is Resty.
Nah; not even Resty's steno was THAT abrupt!
Good point, but Resty COULD be very mouthy when she wanted to.
What God wants me to do. That I might do it, granted His Light and Grace.
Quite a few posts back, I said that I always preferred to argue with atheists and Darwinists, rather than argue with Christians.
It's interesting to me, but both camps seem to share a common feature: Both are relentless doctrinalists.
Which is to say that: The written word of their respective doctrine is absolute and final.
In the case of atheists and Darwinists, I would say their "written word" is incomplete.
But the harrowing fact about some Christians is that their regard for the written word as completely "complete."
That is, if you understand the doctrine, it will save you. Just believe in it; you don't have to do anything else to be saved.
My problem is, any form of written language always refers to something greater than itself. It cannot be an "end in itself" in principle; its function is to point to a higher, greater Truth, of which the written word is but a declension.
But it seems so many Christians nowadays think that the mastery of the written word as an end-in-itself is what saves.
I do not believe this. Indeed, there is a word that describes this attitude: bibliolatry.
Bibliolatry substitutes the Holy Bible for God Himself, and His Living Word.
The Holy Scriptures cannot be a "reduction" of God, or a God substitute, in any way.
If we miss that point, then we cannot really hear the Word of God speaking actively in our souls.
It just means that we can read words, "flattened" according to our own level of comprehension.
I'm really done here. Think I'll go find an atheist, or a materialist, or a Darwinist to talk to.
It's a much less painful experience for me....
I am judging facts, not souls.
I am entitled to do the former; but not the latter.
In the end, it looks like you are more worried about the spiritual condition of your own butt than the survival of the United States
- - - - - -
If you mean am I more concerned about my soul than this country?
I am also more concerned with the souls of others over politics. Even yours.
Politics is NOT my religion, however I do suspect it is yours.
You seemed to have missed this verse in the Bible.
Matthew 10:28 - Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Take note, you STILL have yet to answer my question.
Do you believe Mormons are Christians and WHY?
It’s really not that difficult of a question...
Wow, just wow.
The Bible is how God speaks to us. It never replaces God.
You really need to take some basic catechism classes.
Welcome back Resty...