Skip to comments.10 Things That Would Be Happening Today If Obama's Policies Were Working
Posted on 05/05/2012 2:34:03 AM PDT by Kaslin
Barack Obama has "already held more re-election fundraising events than every elected president since Richard Nixon combined." Yet, despite the fact that he has been campaigning almost non-stop since the 2010 election, aside from trying to steal credit from the SEALs for killing Osama Bin Laden, you very seldom hear Obama talk about his record. This is especially noteworthy because like him or hate him, Obama has passed a lot of legislation. So, if Barack Obama has such an extensive record, why is it that Republicans are the ones that are always talking about it while Obama tries to steer the conversation to anything else? Simple: Obama is a failed President. His policies haven't worked. If Obama had actually produced results, the country would look very different today.
1) Obama touts General Motors as a success story. If that were true, General Motors would have made a profit without taxpayers losing 14 billion dollars on the deal while GM received a special 45 billion dollar tax break.
2) Obama spent hundreds of millions in taxpayer dollars to promote the Chevy Volt and said he had a goal of seeing a million electric cars in the U.S. by 2015. If that was going to happen, Volts would be flying off the showroom floor as opposed to the meager 7,700 that were sold last year -- before production was halted this year.
3) Judging by the number of times Barack Obama attacked George W. Bush for high gas prices and Obama's insistence that alternative fuels are a viable alternative to gasoline, you'd expect plentiful, cheap gas at under $2.00 a gallon as opposed to more than a doubling of the price of gas to $3.80 per gallon.
4) If Obama's decision to set a timetable in Afghanistan and ignore the recommendations from the generals about how many troops to send made sense, we'd be winning, not losing in Afghanistan.
5) Mexican criminals are supposed to be in jail today because of Operation Fast and Furious. Instead, the Obama Administration ended up putting guns that were used to kill more than two hundred Mexicans and an American citizen in the hands of Mexican cartels while Eric Holder may be about to face contempt charges because he refuses to cooperate with the congressional investigation.
6) Hillary Clinton famously pressed the "reset" (overcharge) button with the Russians. Had that worked, Russia wouldn't be helping Iran build nuclear weapons and threatening to make pre-emptive attacks on our missile defense sites.
7) Obama spent more than 75 billion dollars of taxpayer money to directly address the mortgage crisis outside of the hundreds of billions that he (along with Bush) injected into the system via TARP. So, is it handled? Is the housing market back? Have "too big to fail" Freddie and Fannie been forced to dramatically reduce the number of mortgages they hold to help prevent a future crisis? No, on all counts. Although the mortgage crisis was the decisive factor that helped Obama permanently pull ahead of McCain in the end, Obama has done very little of significance to help most homeowners over the long term or to prevent a future housing crisis.
8) Obamacare was supposed to reduce the deficit, give almost universal coverage, and everyone was supposed to be able to keep his own health care plan if he wants it. Yet, according to the CBO "it will add 700 billion dollars to the deficit over its first 10 years, 3-5 million people will lose their health care, and 30 million people still wont have health coverage."
9) When he was running for office, Obama said, "I refuse to leave our children with a debt they cannot repay, and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control." So, our AAA rating should still be in place, the deficit should be significantly lower than in the Bush years, and we should be closing in on a balanced budget by now.
10) The unemployment rate has been mired above 8% for more than 3 years now. However, according to the Obama Administration's own projections, the unemployment rate should be all the way down to 5.5% by now because of the nearly trillion dollar stimulus it pushed through with no Republican votes in the House and only three Republican votes in the Senate.
I think the General Motors side of the story is one that most folks have a bad feeling over. Once you lifted them up and focused all that money into the company....they just haven’t shown that much ability to survive. This has even influenced folks to bypass the GM dealers and head to Ford or the Japanese brands. I suspect we have an entire generation of buyers who will never step foot into a GM dealership ever again....all because of Gov’t involvement.
That isn't his job, it is the Congress' job. He has bypassed the normal duties of the Executive Branch to decree via Executive Order and otherwise what the Congress will not pass--and there has been little dissent from Congress.
The dog that hasn't barked speaks volumes.
It does indeed
That is why he must be stopped on November 6
Yes, indeed. The mistake that most Obama critics make is to assume his policies are about what he says they are and that he has failed because the stated goals were not achieved. The reality is that Obama is frighteningly successful as an enemy of the United States using one Trojan Horse after another.
Within the last month I had to buy a new car to replace a GM product and I refused even to look at any GM car. I bought a foreign car instead of subsidizing Obama’s Volt.
Whether your suspicions bear out or not, FWIW I will never buy a Gov'ment Motors vehicle ever again. Period. End of discussion. Which is sad, really. At one time GM, and especially Buick, made fine vehicles.
Now? Oldsmobile's gone. Pontiac?--poof. And the very name GM has been so sullied by our Community Agitator in Chief that its once proud reputation has effectively been flushed down the crapper. Thanks, Barry!
That's what amazes me about those who still support Obama and his fellow travelers: his "anti-Midas" touch turns things to sh_t (Solyndra, anyone?), and yet they continue to cheer as if his touch were the golden one.
The President hans’t passed any Legislation.
This Howdy Doody Peanut Gallery Congress that passes as a Congress has spent the last four years sucking up to the worst President ever.
Obama doesn’t pass laws he dictatorially makes rules, and the Congress hasn’t the balls to to stop him.
Obama isn’t the only thing killing America.
The Congress is his co-conspirators.
I don’t mean just the Democrats either.
I wonder how many gullible Dems (90%) thought that Obama’s pie in the sky policies would actually materialize? Did they think, like Peggy Joseph, Obama would seize all the wealth of the nasty, greedy, rich and redistribute it to themselves? I’m sure a lot of them did, and they’re probably still waiting for that filthy lucre to be dumped in their laps. Dems are mostly deluded fools.
The transfer of equity from legal bondholders to the union essentially robbed every investor, many of whom are elderly. As a result of ignoring existing bankruptcy law in favor of the union, I (and I suspect a number of other investors) refuse to consider bonds as an investment. This is especially true for any potentially troubled corporation or even U.S. Treasuries. I continue to fear Congress will attempt to take over (oversee)individual IRAs and force investment in U.S. notes and bonds. When bankruptcy follows, wealth transfer accomplished. Of course the alternative of higher taxes and inflation is just as bad. If government spending is not stopped and unions brought under control, what once was an exceptional country and beacon to the world is lost.
we have an entire generation of buyers who will never step foot into a GM dealership ever again....
Right on! In the past 50 years I have owned nothing but GM products. Today I own a 2002 Jeep and a 2010 ford. Never again will I purchase and drive a GM vehicle.
As a result of ignoring existing bankruptcy law in favor of the union, I (and I suspect a number of other investors) refuse to consider bonds as an investment. This is especially true for any potentially troubled corporation or even U.S. Treasuries.
That may be the silver lining here ,, many millions of individuals may be saved from being wiped out when rates go back up...
GM and Chrysler should have gone through managed bankruptcies. UAW contracts and pensions should have been torn up and new ones negotiated. Instead he simply stole the wealth from the secured bondholders and gave the equity to the UAW. Biggest heist in history.
I still don't understand why all those dealers had to close, especially the ones that contributed to republicans.
535 people are the cause of what is going on. 425 congresscritters, 100 senators, 9 supreme court judges and one pResident. They make the laws,rules and determine what is what. Things are the way they are because they WANT them to be that way. Elections HAVE consequences.
Obummer told the truth, he said America was the greatest county on the earth and he was going to change that. So why are folks upset?
You are very right, with only a slight counting error. There are 435 (treasonous) Representatives, so 545 lamp posts are needed.
And there is only 1 party of Ivy League educated Incumbents. The Republicans are the dept. that is supposed to pretend to be the opposition in this term, the Ivy League lawyers swap that duty around.
Buy stock in rope manufacturers!