Skip to comments.Mitt Romney holds fundraiser with manufacturer of the Morning After Pill
Posted on 05/19/2012 7:15:24 AM PDT by EternalVigilance
MIAMI, FLORIDA Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney scheduled a $50,000-a-plate fundraiser at the home of Phil Frost, the executive of the company that makes the Morning After Pill, on Wednesday night. Plan B One-Step is produced by Teva Pharmaceuticals, Frosts company.
>>Is the same as if the dems came out the next day and said the actual person who went out on the shooting spree...shot people.
Bullsh..! Teva does not run around shooting Morning After pills into women, not does it even distribute them to women. They manufacture a product that is sold by a pharmacy. Have you boycotted Walgreens and CVS yet? Or is Romney the only enemy on your list?
Oh, you mean you want investments that never require you to do any work.
Okay, you don't care about moral issues, you condemn those who do, And you're slothful.
Prolly ought to go find every female that has taken the pill, and have them arrested, tried, convicted of 1st degree murder, and shot at the wall. Also, their spouses for aiding and abetting, as well as the entire chain of handlers of said drug from mining to tech at pharmacy. yeah, that’s the ticket. /S
There is a chance that Romney will appoint a Conservative judge. For the sake of the unborn I will take one last chance
What do you base that on? Certainly not his governorship in Mass where he appointed overwhelmingly liberal judges.
Snipped from the site:
Governor Mitt Romney, who touts his conservative credentials to out-of-state Republicans, has passed over GOP lawyers for three-quarters (75%) of the 36 judicial vacancies he has faced, instead tapping registered Democrats or independents including two gay lawyers who have supported expanded same-sex rights.
Slightly related, was flipping the dials at 10 AM EST, stopped at MSNBC Melissa Sue Harris(sp) was talking about Rev Wright and the black NON Christian Church.
They had on Black minister and panel that just spit on Christ, they do not give 2 hoots about the unborn, the young children that are alive either, as they teach them they can have a boyfriend or a girlfriend.
A vote for Romney is a CHANCE for a Conservative on the Supreme Court.
Zero Chance if Obama is elected.
I am for holding nose 1 more time. While it`s true Romney has no core belief it seems, does not really matter to the unborn if Romney does the right thing for the wrong reason.
We will have a chance to pressure him when the chance for a Supreme Court Judge arises.
1 judge could change the world.
The Democrat platform CELEBRATES ABORTION.
Bill and Hilary also celebrate abortion. Anybody that they nominated would be of the same mind.
Really? Please tell me you're not this naive.
Two things... 1) Romney cannot beat obomba. PERIOD. 2) Even if by some fluke he does romney is no different than obomba and no one has any evidence to prove otherwise. In fact those of us that keep pointing this fact out are continuously proven correct by actions like this pro-death fundraiser romney held.
Wake up people. Repent before it's too late. We need a candidate that will stand up for what's right. That will defend the Constitution and will above all fear God. Neither romney or obomba pass the test.
"Is that the only pill they make?"
No. Teva is an Israeli company and this guy isn't even the chief executive. The article seems bogus to me.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Hebrew: טבע תעשיות פרמצבטיות בע"מ), NASDAQ: TEVA is an international pharmaceutical companyheadquartered in Petah Tikva, Israel. It specializes in generic and proprietary pharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical ingredients. It is the largest generic drug manufacturer in the world, and one of the 15 largest pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Teva's facilities are located in Israel, North America, Europe, and South America. As of February 2011, Teva is the tenth largest company by market capitalization on the Nasdaq just behind Gilead Sciences, and is a member of both the NASDAQ-100 and TA-25 Index (in which it represents 9.5% of the total Index value).
You may not believe this, but through Christian circles, I've heard about "Tom Hoefling" and my wife and I had both planned on voting for him in November.
I had no idea it was you, Eternal Vigilance!
I'm very proud of you and your stances on the issues. You will have my vote!
All the best to you!
Flycatcher & Flycatcher's Wife
I said there was a CHANCE, that`s it, just a chance.
I am sick about Romney being the guy. A lot of folks here hated GW Bush, well he appointed 2 great Conservatives!
Many here say that he only appointed the 2 that he finally did because of pressure...whatever, maybe we do it again.
Personally I think GW originally had been wrongly persuaded that he could not get a real Conservative appointed, I am not a mind reader. I give great credit to GW for his 2 High Court picks.
Barack Obama, as well as all conservative candidates running for ‘12 POTUS from within minor political parties/Independent runs for ‘12 POTUS, appreciate this.
Evil is evil. Don’t try to force us to become connoisseurs of evil, tasting, comparing and savoring various flavors and gradations of evil.
Evil is evil. We reject it.
What do you mean?
Romney is an exceptional liar in that
he also ‘slyly’ leads a Legion of
carpetbagging backstabbers, armed with fake badges
and no morals.
Romney would decimate the GOP, as he did in 2008,
if they did not continue to BOW before him
and not install his RomneyCARE and RomneyTAXES
and his severe Etch-a-Sketch pathology which
tends to be more liberal than Ted Kennedy.
$$$ is $$$. Politicians need it and will receive it from anyone...if you’re trying to win, you do whatever it takes.
Very well stated.
Just a Chance is all I said.
Also if we have the Senate, we can possibly control Romney to a degree.
As we speak the Republican platform still upholds life, or at least it still reads as such.
I am with the holding of nose crowd one more time, what other option is there?
The next supreme court pick will be the end game, will be to late for anybody after that.
Wide open gay marriage and abortion with no limits will be un reversible
Some Mittbots will say anything to defend their boy.
Seems to be a few of them here.
Just responded to a post reminding us of the hot mic deal with Russia and Obama asking for space until his election is over. Poster thought everyone forgot it and said it was "chilling"
My reponse was - And yet everyone attacks Romney with more enthusiasm than they use to attack Obama - I find that chilling. Most of the keep-up-the-attack-on-Romney folks claim it's "Christian" values and forget that there are irons in the fire to take that right away - none acknowledge/harp on Obama's open treason/treachery with our enemies in the world, yet they carp that Romney will not be as fiscally good to them as they wish - pure case of forest/trees/tunnel-vision mentality.
They also make Augmentin, Azithromycin and Cipro the common anti-biotics. Apparently those evil bastards want to kill off infections and save people! Romney should be flogged for this association.
You may be right
Some of us at least have the same idea about the MIttbots.
My Mom had cancer a few years ago(doing fine). Chemo/radiation alone was $15,0000 per month. Total bills were approx 90-100K Her insurance company as well as all insurance co's pay for abortions.
Should she have dropped her health insurance because of this?
Just about every company out there does something I don't agree with at times. If I took OP's advice I would be living in a cave, hunting down my own food.
"Phil Frost does not run TEVA, but is Chairman Emeritus. His company, Ivax, was purchased by TEVA in 2005. Ivax made only generics and NOT the morning after pill. So this article is kind of silly."
Nthey are also headquartered in Israell! Not only is Romney in bed with anti-bacterial drug pushers but they are JEWISH! Obviously he’s an evil Zionist too...
Neither Romney nor his Mittbot cult following have any core values worth discussing.
1. Do you know anyone who has the understanding and gained their understanding of Jesus Christ and defend it, and they got that understanding from someone like Jeremiah Wright? Do you know anyone who is a good Christian that believes there is no salvation unless theres collective salvation?
2. Do you know somebody who is raised and/or mentored by communists?
3. Do you have friends or acquaintances that are Marxists, Communists, or have been actively engaged in the overthrow of the United States government?
4. Have you ever been at a party celebrating someone who has been accused of domestic terrorism?
5. Do you know anyone or have you ever been to a party and gave a toast to someone who is accused of being a Muslim terrorist?
6. Do you or any of your friends have the belief that terrorism doesnt really exist? And that by definition jihad is only a holy struggle?
7. How many of you or how many of your friends have hired members of the Muslim Brotherhood to provide security for your business or their business? Or would hire members of the Muslim Brotherhood to go through and put together your security for your town?
8. Do you have any friends that believe the Muslim Brotherhood is largely secular and good?
9. Do you know anybody that thinks NASAs foremost goal should be Muslim outreach, so you can help them and NASA can help them feel good?
10. Do you know anybody who believes that Occupy Wall Street features the best people in our country right now?
11. Is it even conceivable that anyone you know or associate with would think that killing Osama Bin Laden was a tough decision? With that, you have a single friend who in that case would make sure that we have a blame someone else memo ready just in case it went wrong?
12. Do you have anybody in your circle of friends or your circle of influence that believes America and Israel is the biggest obstacle to peace and stability in the world. Do you know anyone who believes the United States constitution needs to be a photo negative to be right with the world today?
13. Would you or anyone you know take a gift given to the United States after 9/11, a bust of Winston Churchill, and try to give it back to the prime minister on your first meeting? And when he says, No, no, thats a gift, you can keep it, would you or anyone in your circle of influence then take that bust, box it up, ship it back yourself and say We dont need it anymore?
14. Do you know anyone, a single person, who has a wife or a husband that has never been proud of the United States of America until something good happened in their life?
15. Do you know anybody who would actively defend allowing a baby to die without treatment in a hospital if an abortion failed? That the baby would be born outside, the doctors would have it, and they would be allowed to put it in a closet and just let it die?
16. Would someone in your life withhold needed money from poor countries or suggest that needed money from poor countries was withheld unless they change the Constitution to be pro-abortion?
17. Do you know anybody who believes the only way out of debt is to spend $5 trillion in three and a half years? Or believes Solyndra and other green businesses were a good bet, and that the peoples hard earned money is something you should gamble with and you think that it should continue?
18. How many people do you know personally that would give a shout out to someone to say, Hey, I just want to say hi to Bob over there and thank Bob Its been a great day, Bob, before you had to announce to the country that 13 soldiers were murdered by an Islamic extremist on our own soil?
19. Do you know anybody who claims to be a huge Israeli supporter? Do you know anybody who says, Im the biggest fan of Israel, theyre our biggest and strongest ally, and Im a huge supporter. Im the best thing that has happened. And that when the prime minister of that country flew from the other side of the globe to have a scheduled dinner with you, you would humiliate him and blow off for dinner? Let him eat alone while you had a quiet dinner someplace else with friends? Do you know anybody who says, I am the biggest supporter of Israel, and then visited all of the Muslim countries around Israel but couldnt find the time to go to Israel? And that as Israels biggest, most loyal supporter, believes they should go back to the indefensible 67 borders? I understand it if youre not a fan of Israel, but if youre a fan of Israel, do you know a soul that is a true fan of Israel that says, Yes, go back to the 67 borders?
20. Do you know any committed capitalist who believes in redistribution of wealth?
It’s pretty obvious that so is Romney. The pill manufacturer is not forced to make that particular medication.
Why is anyone ever surprized by the actions of pro-abortion Willie Mitty ???
As far as LifeSite News is concerned, it is.
In reality, Teva Pharmaceuticals is the largest generic drug maker in the world.
They sure will. That’s the scariest part of this whole debacle.
Voting to remove the little bastard commie in the WHite House doesn’t make one a ‘mittbot’, but we see the ‘truce’ terms your ilk recognize. Alinsky on, hypocrite.
Don’t let facts get in the way of yet another Free Republic Romney lynching. The Dems don’t need to do anything but look on this site for the anti-Romney conservative “purists” for ammunition.
Oh, but he is not 0bama....
appartantly he doesnt think so...
Ya did notice that Willie Mitty charges a lot more to eat grits with him than Obama does ???
You are very wise.
Folks should bear in mind that when they say “ABO” they don’t mean “anybody.” They specifically mean Mitt Romney.
That shouldn't be too hard to do.
But what a mess it would make of the election.
"Romney is in the advantageous position of running against Obama, Camenker told LifeSiteNews, and that will solidify pro-life support behind him "because nothing he does is going to be as bad as Obama.""
But, if you want somebody to say bad things about Obama every time we tell the truth about Romney, it'll sound like an echo chamber.
At this time I will write in Newts name or not vote for a presidential candidate at all.
"Are we going to try a write-in?"
What should be done is obomba should be arrested as an enemy combatant and tried as such. That's not going to happen because we now have limp-wristed joint chiefs that have no honor and that cannot figure out how to honor their oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies both foreign and domestic. The liberals in both parties beginning with Bush Sr. to today have packed the courts with communists and people are afraid of their own shadows. The leftists have broken down the family units so far that parents cannot trust their children. Siblings cannot trust each other and heck... with the families not trusting each other we can forget about neighbors trusting each other. This country is screwed and if we're screwed the rest of the world is really screwed. Both obomba and romney are narcissistic beasts that only seek to enslave their serfs and the power that brings. Using a morning after pill or abortion to thin the herds is not a problem for either of them and they both have the courts, military and law-enforcement, thanks to spineless, self-centered voters and the corrupt politicians they've elected to enforce their will upon us. You can try a write-in but with the courts owned by the leftists and many states disqualifying anyone or anything they don't like I don't see there'd be much success.
"Can we get real numbers to jump on board with us?"
It's possible. Wasn't it in Alaska where a RINO politician, what was her name?, was defeated in the primary and after several court appearances she managed to find enough write-in votes to defeat her opponent in the general? But there in is the problem again. Conservatives do not own the courts. The communists do.
"Should we not vote at all?"
I'd say that's your call but I'm going to vote for every conservative that appears on my ballot beginning with Ted Cruz. If this country is going to survive we have to start cleaning house at home.
"I am serious and open to any suggestions."
So am I. I am serious about heralding the warning to repent. Get to know Jesus Christ then look up for your redemption draweth nigh.
That's not the point.
I certainly would NOT criticize anybody that cant make themselves pull the handle for Romney, was just offering my opinion. I know we are all tired of holding our noses and voting, I am just saying that I am going to do it once more on the small CHANCE that he can be pressured to appoint a true Conservative.
Does not matter to unborn children if Romney might do the right thing for the wrong reason.
have to laugh at that one ~ there is no chance romney will appoint a conservative judge
I believe they did at least according to the British;
From the Wikipedia article on Zyklon-B:
After the war, two directors of Testa Bruno Tesch and Karl Weinbacher were tried by a British military court and were executed for their part in supplying the chemical.
Zyklon-B is still manufactured to this day, actually, believe it or not.
Also from the Zyklon-B Wikipedia entry:
Zyklon B is still in production in the Czech Republic in the factory Draslovka Kolín a.s. in the city of Kolín, under the tradename Uragan D2, and is sold for the purpose of eradicating insects and small animals. The Czech word uragan means “hurricane” or “cyclone” in English
Thanks for sharing your views, dear brother in Christ!
Is this true, EternalVigilance? That Romney attended a fundraiser at the home of the chairman emeritus (meaning, not actively running the company), whose own company produced lots and lots of drugs but not an abortifacient, a company that was bought out some years ago by another company that does produce such, along with lots of other drugs?
If so, this was not Romney taking a sack of cash at the operating room of Dr. Mengele, which is what is being implied. And it is not "Breaking News," either. Sounds like a bit of a stretch. (And posted by someone with a vested interest in attacking Romney.)