Skip to comments.Will U.S. Sovereignty Be LOST At Sea? Obama Signs U.N. Treaty That Redistributes Drilling Revenues
Posted on 05/20/2012 10:18:50 AM PDT by Innovative
A proposed Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST), which has been signed by President Obama but not yet ratified by Congress, will subordinate U.S. naval and drilling operations beyond 200 miles of our coast to a newly established U.N. bureaucracy. If approved, it will grant a Kingston, Jamaica-based International Seabed Authority (ISA) the power to regulate deep-sea oil exploration, seabed mining, and fishing rights.
As part of the deal, as much as 7% of U.S. government revenue that is collected from oil and gas companies operating off our coast will be forked over to ISA for redistribution to poorer, landlocked countries. This apparently is in penance for America's audacity in perpetuating prosperity yielded by our Industrial Revolution.
Like the U.N.'s Kyoto Protocol debacle that preceded it, this most recent LOST cause embodies the progressive ideal of subordinating the sovereignty of nation states to authoritarian dictates of a world body. The U.S. would have one vote out of 160 regarding where the money would go, and be obligated to hand over offshore drilling technology to any nation that wants it... for free.
(Excerpt) Read more at forbes.com ...
We can’t even afford four more minutes with this usurper.
Obama is also trying to censor the Internet with another international treaty called ACTA. The big media has a black out on ACTA and other secret dealings this creature Obama is engaged in to destroy U.S. sovereignty and to destroy the U.S
Obama already signed ACTA ( an international treaty that censors the internet like SOPA). And Obama signed ACTA without the consent of congress or even the people knowing about it( the big media has a black out on this).:
Few people have heard of ACTA but the provisions in the agreement appear quite similar to and more expansive than anything we saw in SOPA. Worse, the agreement spans virtually all of the countries in the developed world, including all of the EU, the United States, Switzerland and Japan.
And this treaty would trump all local and national laws.
Which is part of the reason critics, constitutional scholars, and one Senator is challenging Obamas constitutional right to sign this treaty.
Obama claims that he signed it as an executive agreement which does not require Congressional approval. However, everyone else categorizes it as a treaty, which does require such approval.
But even if we let Obama bask in his delusion of signing an executive agreement, Constitutional experts say that he still does not have a right to sign it in the matter of copyright and patent laws. In fact, U.S. Constitutional scholars Jack Goldsmith and Larry Lessig said:
The stuff that Obama is doing is irritating but it has no weight of law. He will be gone after Nov unless he is stupid enough to declare martial law and attempt to subjegate this huge country. If that happens he will be gone a lot sooner.
In signing ACTA, President Barack Obama has again leapfrogged over the U.S. Constitution, critics charge. The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) was signed by the United States and several other countries on October 1 with little fanfare.
In wake of the recent uproar (and subsequent shelving) of the proposed United States bills SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) and PIPA (Protect IP Act), however, many Americans are now turning their fears toward ACTA
As it stands now, Im convinced that Obama knowingly bypassed Congress and the United States Constitution to sign a treaty that will help to destroy our First Amendment right of free speech. (Thus his “concern” over the problems with SOPA, earlier this month, was just a charade). How long are we going to let him get away with this?
You’re right, it’s so bad and people don’t realize that Romney is in the bag just like Obama was, they both work for the same people, there will no fixing of anything. Elections will mean absolutely nothing. Anyone who thinks that is not living in reality. Reality is they’ve almost achieved all their goals and freedom is almost completely dead on our watch.
Romney is a patent RINO in the Bloomberg mold of Democrats “turned Republican but not really”.
However, he is not a lifelong red diaper doper baby Marxist Hell bent on ending America's exceptionalism in this world.
There is NO way the Senate will have a two-thirds majority to ratify this nonsense in an election year. Congress critters have seen the writing on the wall with Spector being kicked out. Hatch is next. Hopefully, more of the GOPe will fall. Looks like we are finally cleaning house.
As I've said for years, Term Limits is the main way back to our Constitutional Republic. Below are just a few of my past recommendations. Sorry, can't remember them all:
1. Term limits. Two terms for Senators and maybe 4 terms for House Reps:
2. Sunset all legislation other than military budgets. Make them vote yearly to spend our tax dollars - BIG ONE IN MY BOOK;
3. Non-partisan judicial committee (like the GAO) to review ALL legislation for Constitutionality. Such a committee would be tasked with looking at ORIGINAL INTENT of the Founding Fathers regarding any legislation before voted on in Congress. Even if one branch disagrees, it would slow down the process of infringing more on our liberties, which would be a good thing;
4. A Constitutional Amendment to repeal the 17th Amendment;
5. Balanced Budget Amendment, like many States have in their State Constitutions;
6. Flat tax. No deductions and no loopholes. Every person and every corporation pays the same 17% or ?;
7. Eliminate the estate (death) tax forever. It is double taxation and simply obscene;
8. ALL Congressional legislation applies to ALL members of both Houses of Congress. Newt got that through, but pretty sure Clinton vetoed;
9. Negate all Executive Orders and start anew!;
10. All presidential nominees to be vetted. No more hiding their past. We The People deserve to know;
11. No direct lobbying by past politicians for 5 or more years. Let them get a real job. Speaking fees are part of our capitalist system - so okay. This may already be in place according to Newt's Contract With America.
12. No carpet-bagging. Bogus temp housing is not okay;
13. ALL bureaucracies, agencies, and other non-elected organizations sunset at 3-5 years. Congress must vote them back in to existence.
14. Re-affirm the 9th and 10th Amendments for States' Rights! Yup, don't know why we should need such, but it's apparently the case nowadays;
15. Legislation or an Amendment to make it easier to impeach all three (3) branch officers/agents when they forsake the ORIGINAL INTENT;
16. Fedgov legislation should require all who vote in the presidential election show a valid Identification that they are citizens and deserve a vote! Let the States have their own requirements for their electoral votes. Don't like it? Move;
17. Eliminate or reduce the Departments of Education (why should that even exist? All school matters should be local), Agriculture (often contrary to actual agriculture), Interior (land grabs?), Health and Human Services (need welfare, ack), Housing and Urban Development (a cabinet department? really? I didn't know that.), Labor (who cares other then unions?), and we know how well the Department of Homeland Security is managing and searching grannies and toddlers and oldsters in wheelchairs under the TSA..
18. Make me King of America for one month and watch much of the above just go away...Har!
My first one to eliminate on day one would be the Department of Homeland Security. Talk about over-kill. What? The entire Pentagon, FBI, CIA, NSA, and the various branches of the military clandestine intel forces can't provide enough intel? Okay, so they didn't always talk to each other and have missed some cues. All that was needed was a small agency to oversee all that intel and correlate and report to the President. Instead, Bush gave us a huge intrusive new cabinet level department with its some thousands of fedgov employees.
Yeah, I know I'm dreaming...it's the only thing that keeps me going.
I didn't know that. Maybe that's because nobody reported it, including our ‘conservative’ talk show hosts and FOX. Reminds me of when Bush signed the North American Union treaty, chipping away at our sovereignty, without Congressional debate or approval. Almost nobody reported that either (much less made a stink about it) other than Lou Dobbs.
We're not in trouble because of the marxist left, we're in trouble because there's no real opposition.
It is actually a very flawed analogy -- Mitt in no way could be a firefighter in that analogy. Mitt has no interesting in saving the house. Mitt is only for Mitt.
Mitt is a hardcore Statist. I read an article over the weekend about Mitt. Many on his team of UN loving globalists.
Exactly what do you mean? Our Republic will not be destroyed. Obama/Mitt may succeed in having us go through a governmental collapse due to insane Statist policies.
Mitt/Obama may indeed impose policies that will severely debase our currency.
Very hard times lie ahead with either Obama or Mitt. There is no turning back from the inevitable Socialist demise.
The Statists have won (for now).
That’s something I have dreams about on a regular basis. Not kidding.
God help us..I pray so..VOTE THIS OBAMANATION OUT
Easy, it's called career/political expediency. It's not the 0-5 Lt. Colonels and Commanders and below that want this, it's the O-6 Colonels and Captains that are looking for General and Admiral stars on their collars. That's where politics come into the equation as I knew it, and everything I've read lately indicates it's more prevalent. Our military is even more susceptible to political winds now.
Even enlisted E-7 had to play the politics of the ship or shore command in my day. After 11 years Navy, I left as an E-6 (staff sergeant to Army/Marine types - tech sergeant to AF) for a new civilian challenge. While I wanted to retire as a Chief Petty Officer (E-7), I'm glad I accepted the offer and didn't have to play the shipboard politics and games at that enlisted level. As an E-6, I had many responsibilities and some privileges, but not high enough to be forced into the game.
Bottom line: If humans are in the mix, then politics and schmoozing (kiss ass climbing) exists, even in the military.
Still, the vast majority of our active military and veterans are the best that this rock has ever seen. They have sacrificed more than most will ever know, and that's not including those wounded or killed, who gave the most.
Every day, there is some Marine, soldier, sailor, or airman away from their loved ones and in harms way or at least working their a** off to do good. Although they now have Internet access to their loved ones (unlike my day relying on snail mail) they are still away in many inhospitable and dangerous places.
And let us not forget the clandestine SEALS, Green Berets/Rangers, Marine Recon, Air Force Combat Air Controllers on the ground still in danger to this day around the world. They are keeping us all safe from the bad guys, contrary to the liberal OWS types who think they are war-mongers and there's no need for a military, but yet those men and woman understand and fight for their freedom to whine. I salute every single man and woman who ever served honorably.
Perfect! And don't forget that Bush II insisted and got a new entitlement - prescription medicine.
The article says Senate Democrats want to pass the treaty before the election in Nov. They think they can do it now but may not be able to after the election.