Skip to comments.Bennett Backs Off Birther Threat, Apologizes To Arizona
Posted on 05/22/2012 4:29:57 PM PDT by Smokeyblue
After days of ridicule for launching a conspiracy theory-fueled investigation into Barack Obamas birth certificate, Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett on Tuesday backed off his threat to keep the president off the ballot in November and apologized to his state.
If I embarrassed the state, I apologize, but that certainly wasnt my intent, Bennett said in an interview with Phoenix radio station KTAR. Hell be on the ballot as long as he fills out the same paperwork and does the same things that everybody else has.
Bennett said he still intends to keep asking Hawaii for verification that Obamas birth certificate is authentic. But he said he only plans to use Hawaiis answer as a way to satisfy demands from constituents who remain unconvinced Obama is a natural born citizen of the United States and so therefore eligible to be president.
He also said he talked to Hawaiis attorney general on Monday night and clarified what he is looking to have verified. He said he reworded his request and expects to receive a response from Hawaii officials in the next 24 to 48 hours.
(Excerpt) Read more at tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com ...
In the Soetoro immigration files you referred me to, I found TWO immigration memos that talk about Obama's mother NOT providing proof of her first marriage.
1. On my internet explorer, the two memos are about 5/6 distance down the page.
2. They are past photostatic copies of Stanley Ann Dunham's Kansas birth certificate and the Soetoro-Stanley Hawaii marriage license.
3. NOTE: According to the documents you referred me to, Soetoro was seeking a WAIVER so he could stay in the United State longer than his scheduled 1966 departure.
4. That is why he met with immigration officials several times and wrote many letters to immigration officials. His waiver request was denied, and he went back to Indonesia.
5. 7-21-65---On ONE immigration form dated 7-21-65. there was this item:
"6. Reason not completed:"
6. The immigration officer wrote this reason why the form was NOT completed: "Evidence submitted by applicant and wife ie: wife's former marriage not submitted. FR Potter, Officer, 7-21-65."
7. (NOTE: I had trouble reading the handwriting on some of the memos and notes.)
8. On the same memo was written: "Memo written recommending denial." (I think that he was referring to a previous memo in this statement.)
9. In a SECOND memo that is close to the one I talk about above, the immigration officer wrote:
"No evidence presented [cannot read word]of wife's 1st marriage per DD's request, write up for denial."
10. He also wrote the following note just below the note above: "7-21-65---DIVORCE DECREE presented this date."
11. As I said, the two memos are about 5/6 distance down the page on my internet explorer. I hope that I was able to help you find them.
12. Again, I don't understand how Obama's mother could provide a Divorce Decree from her marriage to Obama senior, but could not or would not provide her Obama marriage license when requested by the immigration officer in order to help her new husband, Soetoro, obtain a waiver to stay in the United States.
13. Surely, it couldn't have helped her husband Soetoro's waiver application if the immigration officer requested a copy of Obama's mother's marriage license to prove that she had indeed been married to Obama senior, but Obama's mother could not or would not provide such a marriage license to the immigration officer according to the notes and memos that I saw. Not being able to provide proof that she was ever married to Obama senior could have been one reason why the waiver was denied.
14. Could the answer be that Obama's parents were never married in the first place? I wonder.
If you have any questions because my message above is confusing to you, please let me know. Good luck.
What I wrote to you, and what you repeated in your reply...was not meant for you to go back through the documents and try to explain to me, I made the suggestion that you show page numbers for the benefit of anyone else who might come along and wish to use the link and read the particular documents you were referring to. Each document does have a number.
I am also aware that many of the records, the passport applications for SAD, the divorce documents for both marriages, the immigration docs for both the Kenyan and Lolo - when looked at in total, just add up to a number of contradictions and the probable insertion of self-serving ‘memos’ that were never part of the original episode.
When you add to that, the fact that one author of a book about THE ONE had the UNREDACTED IMMIGRATION FILE for the kenyan for TWO YEARS while she was writing the book, and no one has seen an unredacted file (neither has the author released it) with the exception of a copy of a portion of the ‘adoption memo’ -
It’s like walking into a minefield.
Freeper Matt1234 prepared a summary of the kenyan’s file:
You may find that useful.
I think I found the document numbers that you are talking about: Each document has a small 6 digit number in the lower right corner.
1. The documents that talk abut Obama's mother NOT providing proof of her marriage to Obama senior are listed below. Again, the numbers are in the bottom right hand corner of each document:
a. 000086 ----Listed BEFORE copy of 1964 DIVORCE DECREE from Obama senior, which has the number of 000101.
b. 000109 ----Listed AFTER copy of 1964 DIVORCE DECREE number of 000101.
2. In order to help some posters here, below is some information about how the documents are listed:
Documents are numbered from 000001 to 000111.
3. So, as one can see, the two immigration documents---000086 and 000109---that say that Obama's mother did NOT provide requested proof that she was ever married to Obama senior are very near the bottom of the document list.
4. I hope that the information above helps other posters who want to read the immigration memos concerning Obama's mother for themselves.
5. My original problem in trying to find the document numbers was this: When you asked for document numbers, I was looking all over the two documents for their own, individual numbers that were placed there by the immigration department.
6. But after a few minutes, I saw small numbers at the lower right hand corner of each document. I quickly realized that those numbers were the ones that you were asking about.
7. I hope that this message clears up any confusion my original message may have caused some posters here.
8. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.
O86 AND 109 SHOWN ABOVE.
A DIVORCE DECREE WAS PRESENTED 7.23.65 (but no marriage certificate...)
note, the passport file shows two marriage dates to Lolo, one in 1964 the other in 1965, and her height varies from 5’ nothing, to 5’ and a half inch, to 5’5 and a half...does make one wonder how many ‘Stanley Ann Dunhams’ there are.
Are there ANY documents in this saga that one can take at face value?
I had trouble reading some of the immigration officer's handwriting in this memo.
Can you read his/her handwriting? If you can, could you or anyone else here tell me what the immigration officer is saying.
it seems to me the application was about to be denied, and then the divorce decree was presented to show she had been married:
No evidence has been presented of (scribble)of wife’s first marriage (per D.D’s request) secure this (?) dr (?) meantime, write up for denial
Presented this date
Sorry, forgot to ping you. See my post #158.