Skip to comments.Turn Out The Lights - Largest U.S. Cities Becoming Cesspools Of Filth, Decay And Wretchedness
Posted on 05/25/2012 9:05:01 AM PDT by SeekAndFind
click here to read article
I’ve been studying demographics and the generations and “The Fourth Turning” I’m skeptical that Generation-Y is the “Hero” generation of our emerging crisis stage. I haven’t time to write a narrative here but some thoughts from my strange lines of association that are incomplete thoughts:
1. Crisis, Recovery and Prosperity, Rebellion, Art Phase, Crisis again
2. Great Depression and WWII (Crisis of course), Post war years and the 50’s (recovery and prosperity), The 60’s and 70’s (rebellion) Johnson shaped this and growing liberalism (not of the Greatest Generation a New Dealer of Roosevelt’s gang), The 80’s and 90’s (Art phase), the 2000’s and 2010’s (crisis and more)
3. Greatest Generation 1905 - 1925, Silent Generation 1925-1945, Boomers 1945-1965, X 1965-1985, Y 1985-
4. Each generation comes of age, 20 something, in phase
5. Greatest, led us out of crisis and into prosperity
6. Silent, helped the Greatest but weren’t many of them, last gen to have defined retirement. Did the late Greatest and early Silents bring us the era of “rights” as in what the “Dirty Harry” series were commenting against? The age where there was law but it couldn’t be enforced b/c of increasingly liberal courts. Some have blamed this on the Boomers but they were too young. However, many of the rebellion generation (Boomers) fell right in line with carrying the torch of liberal society.
7. Boomers (80mm people), rebellious in the 60’s and 70’s, came of age and extended their rebellion in social change, no retirement 401K suckers, can’t retire and will have to harvest their inheritance and sell what they have acquired to survive but to whom will they sell all this stuff? Brutal competition in this rank b/c of numbers.
8. X (46mm), equivalent of the Silents, the Survivor Generation, latch key kids, often delayed in coming of age, will find some really good deals from Boomer sales if they have the ambition and money. Delayed opportunities b/c Boomers are going to retire in place and keep their jobs for as long as they can. B/c of small numbers have not had much peer on peer competition? Are these the emerging Tea Party Conservatives? Some suggest they are? I really wonder about that. This generation could be some of the most patriotic. A small number have been at war for the last 22 years, they and early Gen-Y. Less than 1% of our population are part of the volunteer military but each probably touches the lives of another 20 non-military.
9. Y (70mm), probably a charmed demographic (more so between 1975 and 1984 ish b/c of very low birth rates) but the generation that have been “taught the test”, not given to critical thought (have not been taught that way), all winners even getting a trophy for showing up, hover parents, teamers, work in groups. Are these the equivalent of the Greatest Generation? Some claim these are the determined generation.
What effect has 22 years of war had on the maturing Gen X and new Gen Y? Any at all in the way of national pride? Are the numbers of voluntary military too small to have an impact? Consider the new crop of 30 somethings coming up as political candidates at the local and entry national level.... are they significant?
Because [cultural] suicide is not a valid solution to problems.
Because we are keepers of the peak of civilization, and the only way to preserve that treasure is procreation.
Because I'll give them life, learning, and liberty that they may choose what to make of their future (and not deny them that future before they even exist).
Because opposition cultures DO understand the power of procreation, and if they can't take over the world with persuasion or compulsion they will do so with population - and, ultimately, that's the only way ours will too.
I'm proud of my friend expecting her 15th. Good on her; may she be a shining example to the rest of us, doing her part filling the world with self-sufficient upstanding freedom-loving God-fearing good kids.
Very true, and it sort of skews the whole red/blue state argument to a point. For example, once you get away from Chicago and E St Louis, even the People's Republic of Illinois is fairly conservative.
Of course, in statewide elections we are typically overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of the cesspool a/k/a Cook County.
RE: One hint is the statistic that 70% of black births are out of wedlock
TYPO, let me correct that for you. One hint is the statistic that 70% of AMISH births are out of wedlock. :)
The second......well, if I stated it here Id probably be banned.
We have to be able to speak the truth. The truth is that the problem is multi-faceted. Before Lyndon Johnson the black illegitimate birth rate stood at about 19% and white illegitimate birth rate was about 8%. Today black illegitimacy is over 70%.
It would be easy to blame black society for inner city problems but the truth is that it is entirely the fault of the Democrat party.
What, you say? If you pay people enough money to do something they will do it. For a couple of generations we gave women who had babies out of wedlock a free home to live in, free utilities and gave them a living allowence too. All they had to do to get a higher allowance was to have babies without a dad in the home. The Republican pary fought this tooth and nail for over 40 years but the Democrats saw this as a way to make people dependent on the government for life and even Johnson said that “Democrats would have the black vote for generations because of his war on poverty.
90% of juvenile crime is committed by kids with single mothers. Over 70% of adult prison population is men with single mothers. Yet, on television we glamorize single motherhood. We could almost entirely rid ourselves of the Trayvon Martins of the world and Juvenile crime by doing one thing, outlawing single motherhood. Think how our society would be with 3/4”s of our prison population “rehabilitated”, we could get rid of 3/4’s of our prisons. We could get rid of most of our “public housing”. We could reduce our courts and cops by 75%. Gee by simply outlawing single parenting you could pay off the national debt.
Of course there will always be some single parents because men die and leave their wives to take care of the children but most of those men leave their wives with insurance to take care of the children.
This is not just a black problem, whites do it too, it is just more accepted in black society but that is changing.
If it sounds like I am blaming all the ills of our country on Democrats it means that you are able to understand what it is that I’m saying. I would cut off my arms before ever voting for any Democrat!
I too, am pessimistic and am convinced that we will balkanize. This may be be for the best though. Liberal and Conservative ideologies are incompatible, and I for one, do not wish to live with those who fervently believe that socialist-marxism is our future.
The car dealership across from me was family-owned and got started during the Great Depression, but according to an article in a local newspaper, the owner was simply kayoed by the economic downturn.
There used to be a number of new car dealerships in Whittier and La Habra, but now there are only a few used car lots. The Chevy dealer was so frustrated in his dealings with GM that he became a used car dealer.
Today, if you want to buy a new car, you have to go to one of the huge lots next to a freeway in places like the Cerritos Auto Square.
If you look at a map of the People’s Democratic Republic of California, you’ll find that the vast majority of counties outside of the urban areas are “Red” - conservative / Republican.
Problem is, the majority of PDRC’s population IS in the urban areas.
Political correctness KILLS.
Just imagine if something causes the food to stop being delivered. I am sure the denizens of these wonderful democrat strongholds will act with dignity and care for the others there.
Jackson TN - 46%
Helena-West Helena AK - 75%
Pine Bluff - AK 76%
Montgomery AL - 57%
Mobile AL - 51%
Have you been down to the center of the shopping district, Union Square, and seen the "citizens" sleeping next to the wall will urine trails running from their trousers down to the curb? Disgusting.
Well said. I did not live in L.A. proper, but well out in the suburbs. The trend was obvious for years, and the cancer spreading. Watching a van load of Holder's people stop at a liquor store far away from their homes, stand and stare to see if anyone was looking crosseyed at them was lesson enough.
I believe the rule of thumb for preppers has been for many years: live more than a tank of gas away from the city. They gonna have to take a boat to reach me.
I was wondering how to say that.
You hit the nail on the head.
I moved out 10 years ago. I was living in the Upper Haight and just couldn’t tolerate the decay any longer.
I now live in western Indiana in a clean, friendly and sane environment.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.