Skip to comments.Colin Powell Book Signing in McLean, Virginia Thursday night, 5/31
Posted on 06/01/2012 7:34:50 AM PDT by HokieMom
Former U.S. Secretary of State and McLean resident Colin Powell signs his new book "It Worked for me: In Life and Leadership" at a downtown McLean bookstore this evening.
The book signing will occur at 7 p.m. at Books-A-Million on Chain Bridge Road across the street from the McLean Giant.
Here's what you need to know. Perkins McDowell, one of the managers at Books-A-Million, has this advice for their customers.
1. What do I need to do to see Colin Powell? You need a ticket and a book. Books-A-Million started handing out tickets last week. They will continue to give out tickets and sell books up until 6 pm.
2. Get there early. The book signing starts at 7 pm. McDowell suggested arriving no later than 6:30 pm.To get in line you must have a book and a ticket number. Guests will be lined up according to their numbers.
3. How many tickets have been given out? More than 100 tickets had been given up by Wednesday afternoon.
4. Powell, a retired four-star general and former head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has written a book revealing the lessons that shaped his life and career, according to The New York Times.
The book, It Worked for Me, is a collection of lessons and personal anecdotes that have driven Powell's legendary career in public service, the Times reported.
5. Have your book open and ready. Be prepared to spell your name.
Powell is doing this for his McLean neighbors so he will stay until all books are signed.
Hopefully, not a single person goes to see that RINO-P.O.S.
If Powell admitted the truth, he would admit that Obama would probably not have passed a background check to work for Powell when Powell was a general and then Secretary of State.
For instance, Obama could have never passed the background check if he applied to work for Secretary of State Powell, because there is no way that Obama's "birth certificate" would have passed a detailed examination by the FBI, and Powell knows it.
is this about affirmative action?
I used to have some respect for him before he became just another race hustler who rode the escalator of affirmative action up to where he could look down on the rest of us.
“It Worked For Me: Selling Out My Prestige For A Communist Scumbag”
“It Worked for me: In Life and Leadership”
No Thanks, Colon.
Just for contrast, Sarah Palin's book signing exhausted all 1000 tickets availble within the first 90 minutes of her visit to nearby Washington, Pennsylvania.
Just to contrast market sizes:
6) Ask the general why he allowed Scooter Libby to twist in the wind when he knew damn well Richard Armitage was the leaker in the Plame Affair?
Me, too. Well, almost all respect. Interesting to see what he does this time.
Sounds like a good opportunity for some spontaneous protestors.
Is he going to vote his color again next election?
Bowel was and is not distinguished. He was carried along due to his race and the fact that he is a suck-up. His patrons thought he was a (loyal) Republican. His whole life is affirmative action. He did nto attend West Point but was college ROTC. He became a coddled perfumed prince. Norman Schwartzkoff handled the heavy lifting in the Gulf War. Bowel is a full-fledged Liberal. For O, for Gays in Military, for Gay Marriage, probably pro-abortion. Just sickening how we carry a guy like this along and then they stab you in the back. Such treachery. His karma quotient is not looking good.
Colon Powell. Aptly named.
That right there shows why he is of low character.
I'm guessing it's not going to be a NYT best seller.
If Obama had been just another federal job applicant seeking a security clearance, he'd have gotten a Statement of Reasons (for denial of the request) faster than you can say "Choom."
He'll be in the bag for Obama, if/when it becomes clear he's winning... just like 2008. Waiting for the prevailing political winds to take shape... there's the hallmark of a great leader.
Go away, Powell... your time is up.