Skip to comments.Mitt Romney worked to combat climate change as governor (He turned to John Holdren for advice?
Posted on 06/13/2012 8:55:50 AM PDT by Laissez-faire capitalist
During his first 18 months as governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney spent considerable time hammering out a sweeping climate change plan to reduce the state's greenhouse gas emissions...
Before doing an about-face toward the end of his term as he began to prepare for his first run for president, Romney pushed to close coal-fired plants, encourage the development of renewable energy and contain sprawl - steps similar to some President Obama has taken. Indeed, one of Romney's top environmental staffers, Gina McCarthy, now runs the air pollution unit of the EPA under Obama. John Holdren, a scientist Romney turned to on at least one occasion to discuss climate change, is the White House senior advisor on science and technology issues.
Romney's gubernatorial record on energy and the environment has little in common with the positions he has staked out in the presidential race, those who knew him in Massachusetts say...
(Excerpt) Read more at latimes.com ...
This is just another attempt by the media to help 0bama by trying to drive a wedge between Romney and the GOP base.
I don’t care what he did as governor of the People’s Republic of Mass. as long as he doesn’t do it again.
Romney turned to John Holdren on at least one occasion to discuss “climate change”
On AT LEAST one occasion!?... (CAPS for emphasis only).
It would be interesting to know exactly how many times he turned to that radical John Holdren for advice, and what policies/issues pertaining to “climate change” were discussed...
Who would be surprised by this?
He has said he believes in man made global warming.
I’m so glad that we have a candidate who understands the need to fight this pressing and dangerous problem!
Romney drove that wedge himself by being a phony.
If Romney didn’t want things like this to be discussed, he shouldn’t have been and still be a RINO.
And your Red Herring post is noted as being that - a Red Herring.
John Holdren? That radical?
Romney is and has been and will be a RINO.
He himself has staked out positions that he has flip-flopped on - and many at that. Too many to count in fact.
Romney: Mr. AGW
Exactly! Forget about all that bogus nonsense about his record and stuff. We need some hope and change, Romney style! Mmmm mmmm mmmm!
Romney is liberal now as he has always been, it must take great faith to beleive he will change his stripes just to make you feel comfortable about voting for him.
Rommey’s governorship was before the Climategate email leaks and the well-document problems with the IPCC reports.
So I would not be bothered that Romney at one time thought global warming was an important issue requiring government action. The real question is: What does he think POST-Climategate? (Same issue with Newt during the primaries.)
His buddy Rick Snyder here in Michigan is also a big greentard who gets off looking at pictures of windmills and talking about Michigan’s future in green technology.
It simply doesn’t matter at this point. He’s all we’ve got to beat obammy with...unless someone else comes on the scene, which I doubt, we have to vote for him.
It drives me crazy, and will be very hard for me to pull that lever for him, but it is what it is.
I keep asking what the difference is between Obama and Romney and have yet to get a straight answer. I will only vote for Romney because I hate Obama so much. But the thought of having to vote for Romney turns my stomach.
Worst possible case, Mitt Romney is educable and Bork obunga is not, and that is the choice.
1. Romney has a birth certificate and it's from the United States and not Kenya. 2. Romney has a father that was NOT a communist. 3. Romney is a Natural Born Citizen 4. Romney is and AMERICAN in his heart 5. There is no chance that Romney might actually be a MUSLIM 6. Romney has actually had a real job in the private sector. 7. Romney has never claimed to be born in KENYA and raised in Indonesia.
These are just some of the obvious answers. Now for some that you might need to think about would be SCOTUS appointments. The signing of a repeal of Obamacare. More abortions or less abortions. and on and on.
Say it again! Over and Over.
Say it again! Over and Over.
We tried this with Wendell Willkie ~ ran a Democrat against Roosevelt. He was even a smart little booger, and really knew business. Didn't work. FDR smashed him like a squirrel on a road.
That was before the AGW movement was outed as a fraud by the revealing of the conspiratory e-mails. A lot of intelligent people believed that it was settled science, until it was proven not to be.
As a “Pro-family” Republican Candidate: by his undeniable record fully documented below, Mitt Romney:
- created RomneyCare which is terribly similar to ObamaCare but even worse for it openly funds abortion
- put Planned Parenthood on the so-called “independent” board he created that offers $50 co-pay abortions
- thereby instituted tax-funded abortion on demand two years after his orchestrated “pro-life” conversion
- as late as summer 2011 continues to defend aborting tens of thousands of kids (denying their God-given right to life)
- supported destructive embryonic research after his false 2004 pro-life conversion
- put a pro-abortion Democratic judge on the bench after Romney had claimed a pro-life conversion
- fabricates a claim that a court ordered him to institute same-sex marriage, a travesty he committed on his own
- single-handedly instituted same-sex marriage and later fabricated a claim that a court ordered him to do so
- bragged that he would continue to defend abortion “rights” after he claimed a pro-life conversion
- denies responsibility for the 10-member board that funds abortion even though his executive branch filled 7 seats
- pro-choice in ‘94; pro-life in ‘01; choice ‘02; pro-life ‘04; choice ‘05; life in ‘06; then funded abortion in ‘06
Pro-life Profiles predicted with the publication of this profile that even though Romney enjoyed support in 2008 from many pro-family groups, hopefully that with his recent and aggressive pro-abortion record now fully documented, he will not regain their endorsements. For if God’s people lead, the leaders will follow.
Change of Heart? Preparing to begin his bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 2005, Mitt Romney orchestrated a demonstrably false 2004 pro-life conversion1 2. Romney must have expected that leading conservative media outlets, groups, authors, and talk show hosts (like Sean Hannity and Hugh Hewitt) would ignore, deny, or even defend his subsequent pro-abortion efforts. Romney’s support for dismembering unborn children proves that his “conversion” was a political deception devised to steal pro-life votes. So putting Planned Parenthood on the state board that he created which authorized even late-term tax-funded abortion on demand, a crime against humanity far beyond anything the Clintons or Barack Obama have been able to accomplish, is brushed aside by untrustworthy “pro-life” conservative leaders.
Authorizing Tax-Funded Abortion: On April 12, 2006 Romney signed3 Massachusetts’ government health care plan4 that from the start has provided taxpayer funds even for what are called “elective” abortions, killing unborn children without even the facade of the typical though invalid medical excuses common in tax-funded abortion laws. Romney’s government-run health care plan5 predated Barack Obama’s health care reform and according to the government of Massachusetts, “All Commonwealth Care health plans include abortion.”6
I consider mormonism almost as bad as islam.
Mitt Romney’s Mexican Roots; His Father Was Born In Mexico, Could Choose Dual Citizenship