Skip to comments.Iran, North Korea, Sudan rack up millions by trading U.N. carbon credits
Posted on 06/13/2012 9:57:53 PM PDT by expat1000
The U.N. is funneling millions of dollars worth of tradable carbon credits to corrupt nations worldwide, including Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Uzbekistan in an attempt to encourage clean energy projects in the developing world.
The U.N. Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) is defined in Article 12 of the Kyoto Protocol. Western European countries fund energy projects in the developing world in order to obtain Certified Emission Reduction credits (CERs), tradable credits that enable Europeans to count foreign emission reductions towards their own domestic emission reduction targets.
The CDM started from a page and a half in the Kyoto Protocol, said David Abbass, a spokesperson for the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change. In the beginning they thought there would be maybe 600 projects, but now there are over 4,000 projects.
Iran, Uzbekistan, Sudan, and North Korea are among the more than 70 countries currently hosting CDM projects.
Iran, with 16 separate CDM projects, brings in around 4.8 million CERs, worth about $26 million, every year, despite numerous U.N. sanctions against the Islamic Republic
(Excerpt) Read more at freebeacon.com ...
So North Korea is making their weapons by cleaner processes?
Certainly by being a poor, socialist sh!thole there is not a lot of pollution being made there or anything else for that matter.
Its legalized money laundering. Its money laundering elevated to a virtue.
Its legalized money laundering. Its money laundering elevated to a virtue
During the middle ages there were groups traveling around Europe selling quick passage through pergatory on behalf of the church, I forget what they called it, but i see a conection here, what with the new religion called AGW lol
No problem. After our USA is more of a third-world slum and gets nuked by our enemies because of our bipartisan leaders’ negligence and social spending games, we’ll be as special as the countries of our enemies.
Gore-bull Warming is the latest religion.
- there is the notion of sin (polluting)
- there are indulgences (carbon offset credits)
- there are oracles/prophets (GW researchers) and high-priests (Al Gore, celebrities) who cannot be questioned
- they rely on indoctrination at a young age
- it is considered blasphemy to go against their “wisdom”
- all evidence is to be interpreted only in light of their unquestionable “truths” (treated as sacred axioms)
- they are moral busybodies, wanting to push their views on everyone else
- people who do not strictly follow their guidelines are considered immoral
- people who publicly support opposing views are said to be possessed by evil entities (corporations)
- violence is advocated by many adherents (ELF, ALF, Earth First, etc) to promulgate their “truths”
- they say we are DOOMED FOR ETERNITY unless we listen to them
- if we go against the will of their god (Gaea), their god will punish us (hurricanes, floods, disease, searing heat)
“Global Warming” has become the modern god of weather whose existence results from magical powers granted to carbon dioxide.
How long before the Branch Algorians will request a religious tax exemption?
The conversion of global warming from questionable scientific theory to religious dogma was complete when any scientist who dared to question the scientific basis of global warming was immediately labeled a “denier”.
This subject was explored 4 years ago in a landmark speech by the brilliant Dr. Michael Crichton:
Well said. Agree 100% with all of that. (Hope I didn’t say anything somewhere that implied differently.)
They were called indulgences, and yes, it’s the same scam
Thank you, I remembered what they were called after I vent to bed. but it amazes me how gullible our people are, I guess stupid has no fix
I suspect Al Gore had a hand in this. I won’t even comment on what should be done.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.