Skip to comments.The 50 Most Popular Conservative Websites (Alexa.com says Free Republic at #7 beats MOST top names)
Posted on 07/12/2012 5:05:00 AM PDT by xzins
I thought it might be interesting to see which right-of-center websites actually receive the most traffic. So, I went to Alexa.com and ranked the 50 sites on the right. Do keep in mind that
1) Alexa doesnt distinguish between top level domains and their sub-directories. So, for example, a blog on Townhall and Townhall itself would have the same rating. Additionally, websites hosted at places like Blogspot, which list each blog on a sub-directory, cant be measured. My guess is that it only knocked 2-4 websites max off the list including Ace of Spades HQ, Gateway Pundit, & Big Hollywood.
2) Although I have found Alexa to be generally accurate, it does occasionally make mistakes and certainly isnt as on target as a statistics tracker.
3) I didnt deliberately leave any right-of-center websites off the list, including the Libertarian websites. So, if you are supposed to be on list and werent included, feel free to send me an email.
All 50 websites are listed with their Alexa rank following their link. So for example, a 1″ would mean the page was the most popular website on the net. A 100,000″ would mean the 100,000th most popular page on the net. With that being said, lets go ahead and take a look at the rankings.
1) Fox News: 260
2) Wall Street Journal: 383
3) The Drudge Report: 748
4) New York Post: 888
5) WorldNetDaily: 2,692
6) Newsmax: 3,264
7) Free Republic: 3,988
8) The Washington Times: 4,717
9) TownHall: 5,986
10) The Rush Limbaugh Show: 7,624
11) Real Clear Politics: 7,957
12) National Review: 10,346
13) Hot Air: 11,517
14) Michelle Malkin: 12,871
15) Glenn Beck: 13,153
16) Human Events Online: 17,538
17) The Heritage Foundation: 20,746
18) Newsbusters: 21,452
19) Lew Rockwell: 24,677
20) The Weekly Standard: 25,565
21) News With Views: 27,352
22) Sean Hannity: 28,086
23) Pajamas Media 28,969
24) The Ludwig von Mises Institute: 29,116
25) Atlas Shrugs: 29,548
26) The American Thinker: 29,980
27) Cybercast News Service: 32,348
28) Neal Boortz: 32,857
29) Reason: 33,254
30) Lucianne: 34,135
31) Ann Coulter 36,864
32) The Cato Journal: 39,187
33) Daily Paul: 41,465
34) The Volokh Conspiracy: 42,021
35) Bill OReilly: 42,533
36) Redstate: 42,655
37) Conservapedia: 43,866
38) Power Line: 44,542
39) Jewish World Review: 44,765
40) Front Page Magazine: 48,645
41) Daniel Pipes: 49,692
42) Little Green Footballs: 49,844
43) Campaign for Liberty: 50,638
44) The American Spectator: 52,377
45) Commentary: 55,447
46) GOPUSA: 58,771
47) James Lileks: 60,536
48) Right Wing News: 63,097
49) Wizbang: 63,427
50) Day by Day: 63,455
10 bonus websites for you
51) Moonbattery: 67,850
52) Life News: 69,493
53) Vdare: 70,866
54) Debbie Schlussel: 73,543
55) Republican National Committee: 73,599
56) Lifesitenews: 73,823
57) Dick Morris: 77,187
58) Blackfive: 83,031
59) Outside the Beltway: 83,455
60) American Conservative: 90,579
Update #1: Jihad Watch emailed to note that theyre at 29,887. That would put them at #26. Sorry, I missed you, guys!
Update #2: Canada Free Press is at 73,555 which would put them at #55 on the original list.
Update #3: The great thing I have found about doing these lists is that if you miss a site, by the end of the day, someone will be sure to let you know about it =D Here a handful of other websites that were missed.
The Ron Paul Forums is at 29,341, which means they would have come in at #25 on the original list.
Onenewsnow ranks at 9,388, which would have put it at #12.
PS: Ive had a couple people suggest that Infowars should be on the list, but I consider that to be a loony, anti-authority conspiracy site more than a conservative website. Others may disagree.
Update #4: The Business & Media Institutecomes in at 79,500, which would have put it at #58.
IMHO, Free Republic should be #1.
It’s easy to take for granted - until you try navigating comment sections and threads on other sites.
Your thread made me curious and I went & did some skim/reading on web analytics (yes I’m a geek like that). Amazing how many metrics there are and how complex they get.
That does not make them a good source anymore.
I haven’t been to Lucianne for years. Does it belong on this list?
Odd that Instapundit is not on the list. If Little Green Footballs is considered conservative today, Instapundit would be reactionary. (Yes, Glen Reynolds is libertarian, rather than conservative, but still.)
And I cannot see sites like Wizbang or the Volohk Conspiracy getting more hits than Instapundit.
He’s probably remembering what LGF used to be and hasn’t been there in a while. He’s in for a shock.
As an old NMer, I stopped going there when they dropped the Forum. Of course, by that time the pinkos had taken over.
Free Republic is the only entry in the Top 10 that doesn’t rely on advertising $$$ or the Unification Church for sustinence.
FR is my tagline, always was, always will be.
Hes probably remembering what LGF used to be and hasnt been there in a while. Hes in for a shock.
In a while is an understatement. LGF went left years ago.
LGF is pretty much DU now.
Fox News #1??? Are you kidding? ROTFLMAO!
This is an older post from Right Wing News. John does not include Daily Caller, Big Journalism, Big Government, and several blogs.
Gateway Pundit and Ace of Spades have been off blogger for a couple of years now. And LGF jumped the shark a while back.
Exactly and FR is the most conservative. It also supports itself.