Skip to comments.The 50 Most Popular Conservative Websites (Alexa.com says Free Republic at #7 beats MOST top names)
Posted on 07/12/2012 5:05:00 AM PDT by xzins
I thought it might be interesting to see which right-of-center websites actually receive the most traffic. So, I went to Alexa.com and ranked the 50 sites on the right. Do keep in mind that
1) Alexa doesnt distinguish between top level domains and their sub-directories. So, for example, a blog on Townhall and Townhall itself would have the same rating. Additionally, websites hosted at places like Blogspot, which list each blog on a sub-directory, cant be measured. My guess is that it only knocked 2-4 websites max off the list including Ace of Spades HQ, Gateway Pundit, & Big Hollywood.
2) Although I have found Alexa to be generally accurate, it does occasionally make mistakes and certainly isnt as on target as a statistics tracker.
3) I didnt deliberately leave any right-of-center websites off the list, including the Libertarian websites. So, if you are supposed to be on list and werent included, feel free to send me an email.
All 50 websites are listed with their Alexa rank following their link. So for example, a 1″ would mean the page was the most popular website on the net. A 100,000″ would mean the 100,000th most popular page on the net. With that being said, lets go ahead and take a look at the rankings.
1) Fox News: 260
2) Wall Street Journal: 383
3) The Drudge Report: 748
4) New York Post: 888
5) WorldNetDaily: 2,692
6) Newsmax: 3,264
7) Free Republic: 3,988
8) The Washington Times: 4,717
9) TownHall: 5,986
10) The Rush Limbaugh Show: 7,624
11) Real Clear Politics: 7,957
12) National Review: 10,346
13) Hot Air: 11,517
14) Michelle Malkin: 12,871
15) Glenn Beck: 13,153
16) Human Events Online: 17,538
17) The Heritage Foundation: 20,746
18) Newsbusters: 21,452
19) Lew Rockwell: 24,677
20) The Weekly Standard: 25,565
21) News With Views: 27,352
22) Sean Hannity: 28,086
23) Pajamas Media 28,969
24) The Ludwig von Mises Institute: 29,116
25) Atlas Shrugs: 29,548
26) The American Thinker: 29,980
27) Cybercast News Service: 32,348
28) Neal Boortz: 32,857
29) Reason: 33,254
30) Lucianne: 34,135
31) Ann Coulter 36,864
32) The Cato Journal: 39,187
33) Daily Paul: 41,465
34) The Volokh Conspiracy: 42,021
35) Bill OReilly: 42,533
36) Redstate: 42,655
37) Conservapedia: 43,866
38) Power Line: 44,542
39) Jewish World Review: 44,765
40) Front Page Magazine: 48,645
41) Daniel Pipes: 49,692
42) Little Green Footballs: 49,844
43) Campaign for Liberty: 50,638
44) The American Spectator: 52,377
45) Commentary: 55,447
46) GOPUSA: 58,771
47) James Lileks: 60,536
48) Right Wing News: 63,097
49) Wizbang: 63,427
50) Day by Day: 63,455
10 bonus websites for you
51) Moonbattery: 67,850
52) Life News: 69,493
53) Vdare: 70,866
54) Debbie Schlussel: 73,543
55) Republican National Committee: 73,599
56) Lifesitenews: 73,823
57) Dick Morris: 77,187
58) Blackfive: 83,031
59) Outside the Beltway: 83,455
60) American Conservative: 90,579
Update #1: Jihad Watch emailed to note that theyre at 29,887. That would put them at #26. Sorry, I missed you, guys!
Update #2: Canada Free Press is at 73,555 which would put them at #55 on the original list.
Update #3: The great thing I have found about doing these lists is that if you miss a site, by the end of the day, someone will be sure to let you know about it =D Here a handful of other websites that were missed.
The Ron Paul Forums is at 29,341, which means they would have come in at #25 on the original list.
Onenewsnow ranks at 9,388, which would have put it at #12.
PS: Ive had a couple people suggest that Infowars should be on the list, but I consider that to be a loony, anti-authority conspiracy site more than a conservative website. Others may disagree.
Update #4: The Business & Media Institutecomes in at 79,500, which would have put it at #58.
And, if there's jealousy, then consider who FR is beating, and they have 24/7 around the clock coverage on the major media:
hannity beck oreilly coulter morris
ONE FINAL NOTE:
How many of you think those folks above are NOT making millions? How many of you think they receive no financial benefit from their ad stuffed, self-promoting, sales cart inundated websites?
If you want to visit and support the most popular INDEPENDENT, unbeholden to any power broker website on the entire internet, then support Free Republic
Agreed. And to refine further what you say:
It is the most TRUE TO CONSERVATISM WEBSITE
Newsmax belongs down on the list. They use to be good.
This list is based on internet traffic volume
Apparently, Newsmax gets lots of hits
Little Green Footballs does NOT belong on this list at all! Maybe a few years ago, but definitely not now.
Interesting list. I find FR very informative. I usually learn something from at least one of the posts everyday.
The list is based on internet traffic and John Hawkins’, of Right Wing News, opinion of what is a conservative web site.
Also, Drudgereport is much higher. It comes in at 434.
I wonder why they left TheBlaze off the list. It would come in at 4.5 (Alexa ranking 1,332)
I agree. I go to my local newspaper website, and I’m battling pop-ups, attacks, pages littered with ads throughout the entire time I spend trying to get last night’s baseball scores.
Freepers who don’t see the good deal they have here are blind to what’s going on with other sites. With his rating in terms of internet traffic, Free Republic could be pulling down serious money with advertisements.
There are other conservative websites?
Hawkins doesn’t detail his methodology, so I figured he just listed conservative websites and then put down their numbers for that day/week/month...whatever.
My guess is that if FR goes up and down in traffic, then so do others, that there is a standard rate of fluctuation.
Not really. The only one with real discussion software is Free Republic:
“Software on Loan from God!”
42) Little Green Footballs: 49,844
This is a joke, right? Makes me wonder if they have really checked the websites on the list. LGF is to the left of DU and HuffPo.
ssshhh - let’s not tell Jim -
Most of those other sites are high on the list because of hits generated by links from FREE REPUBLIC.
We are the frontline in the fight against liberal tyranny and the front line in the rebellion against GOP-E appeasement and decay.
We are Gideon's Army.
The fight is on fellow Freepers.
Rebellion is brewing. Mutiny is in the air.
Looks to me like FR is “THE” top conservative web forum.