Skip to comments.Sarah Palin: Mama grizzlies united
Posted on 08/06/2012 6:32:37 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
CLEVELAND, MoSarah Palin did not disappoint.
The crowd cheered and applauded repeatedly during her speech here Friday night, from her opening remarks about mama grizzlies on the Missouri state flag to her promise to stop at the local Chick-fil-A for a midnight snack.
It was the first time Id ever seen Palin in person, and it was well worth the 19-mile drive from my suburban Kansas City home to The Berry Patch, a you-pick blueberry farm near Cleveland, Mo., population 665, in rural Cass County.
Not because Im a fan or even agree with her ideology, but to see what all the fuss has been about.
Palin was in the Kansas City area to campaign for Sarah Steelman, whos in a tight three-way race in Tuesdays Republican primary for Missouris U.S. Senate seat. The winner will face Sen. Claire McCaskill (D) in November.
Somehow, Palin has achieved celebrity status since the 2008 election. How many failed vice presidential candidates and former Alaska governors end up with book deals and reality TV shows? With an estimated net worth of $12 million?
When Palin took to the makeshift stage in the middle of a Missouri farm field, she was dressed more for the part of Hollywood celebrity than serious politician....
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...
Hey Reese, your claws are showing and Sarah Palin so out classes you that no one can take you seriously and am surprised WaPo did.
Dick Cheney walked that back as if you didn't know and it's no surprise the Republican elitists haven't sent an invite to Sarah but I'd bet she'll be there.
These media hacks have pushed the “damn her if she does, damn her if she doesn’t” routine to the point that no matter what Palin does, they will go overboard to find SOMETHING wrong about it.
These pathetic, little, catty journalists who “like her and even agree with her ideology” have to throw in a couple of negatives to stay in good graces with the “good ol’ journalists’ gang” while trying to look subjective.
IF Sarah ever did become President, no matter what she wore, the media would ignore her politics and concentrate on what she wore on a daily basis.
But I’ve got a sneaky feeling that Sarah has steeled herself to the point of not giving much of a crap what thevLSM says or thinks.
“Bitter,,,party of one!”
Link did not work for me. I had to go to the original link. Shoes are pretty cool.
Main stream media journalism at its finest!!!
We made the 65 mile trip and enjoyed every minute of it. My wife finally got to see what all the fuss is about with Sarah, as she does not do FR. She loved Sarah saying Congress is addicted to opm—other people’s money. Then a pair of Sarahs made us sandwiches with Sarah Palin asking each person their name. Palin and Steelman both made sandwiches until the last person went through the line. Do you think Harry Reid would do that? Nancy Pelosi anyone? Sarah displayed total class and leads by example. I bet Diana takes the View ladies seriously no matter what they wear. It was an outdoor barbecue with a temp of 103 degrees for crying out loud. Oh well, told the wife I could die and go to heaven now, since I met the goal of meeting Sarah. But, I think I will stay around fight the liberals with her.
From her Linked In profile.
Blogger at The Washington Post She the People
no bias there - barf
Excuse my Pollyanna verbiage, but I will take the chance that you all know what I mean.
Noted, KC. As good as it gets. My skin crawls at what else was on the Google Image page below the screen from which I snagged that.
Some women age gracefully; others resort to polyester stretch pants.
She looks great. Not to mention entirely appropriately dressed for an outdoor barbecue/picnic in Missouri in August.
Whoa, Mama, that is some MAJOR snark. Sarah sends the rat women right over the cliff.
The long-suppressed insecurities and jealousies from high school.
1. Not because Im a fan or even agree with her ideology.. (Gee, really? You're not a fan? We'd have never guess by the fair, even-toned missive you wrote)
2. Somehow, Palin has achieved celebrity status since the 2008 election. (Somehow? Give me your mailing address Mizz Reese and I'll send you a clue)
3. How many failed vice presidential candidates and former Alaska governors end up with book deals and reality TV shows? With an estimated net worth of $12 million? (Oh dear, not that nasty success thing! Gotta keep that class envy thing goin')
4. she was dressed more for the part of Hollywood celebrity than serious politician. (Tell us, Mizzz Reese, how does a "serious" politician dress? )
5. I know someones going to remind me that just last week, I said it was sexist to focus on the wardrobes of women in politics.
But it was hard for me to take Palin seriously dressed as she was. (Maybe if you removed the corn cobb from your backside you wouldn't have so much trouble.)
6. and her t-shirt...emphasized her figure. (Jealous because you don't have a figure to emphasize?)
7. Im sorry, but Id like my minister, my doctor and yes, my politicians, to look and dress for their parts. (Yes, we know you're sorry).
8. Once Palin spoke, I couldnt help but think she sometimes sounds like a caricature of herself. Perhaps its her unique manner of speaking or her overuse of certain phrases. (and once I started reading your column, I couldn't help but think you were a caricature of every hack-journalist who's been on the bash Palin bandwagon since she first set foot on the national stage).
9. none other than Dick Cheney recently blasted her for not being an appropriate choice for McCains running mate in 2008. (He didn't "blast her" that's just wrong. He was critical of McCain's process and has clarified his remarks since - maybe due to a tongue lashing by his daughter).
I could go on, but Mizz Reese isn't with any further time.
It is intended to cover the I'll-stab-you-in-the-back-and-spread-gossip-about-you personality that resides behind the smile.
I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her, and from the looks of it, it wouldn't be far.