Skip to comments.WTOP POLL: Obama 48, Romney 46 in northern Va.!!
Posted on 08/08/2012 11:58:32 AM PDT by Bulwinkle
Im truly stunned my fellow Virginians havent awakened to the spectre of Obamination II.
Just wondering how many Freepers in Virginia are NOT voting for Romney based upon “principles”. Could be an interesting poll.
You’re basically saying that the “normalization” process in polling can hide tectonic shifts in the real numbers because it’s a backward-looking factor.
I am in Arlington and saw my first Romney side in a front yard a week ago. There is not a single solitary Obama sign in anyone’s yard that I’ve seen.
Being a suffering CT conservative I can tell you that “Northeast States” by and large do not depend more on DC than “red” states. This is a common misconception. NY and CT are the #1 & #2 states ranked by the excess amount of taxes paid into the feds over the amount of benefits received because of the wildly inflated salaries (and cost of living) here. I’ve never understood how so many here in this part of the country keep sending Rats to DC who perpetuate this.
If the MD results are in this result (regional) then Obozo is in real trouble and likely behind in VA.
“adults” LoL. They are desperately rigging polls hoping we won’t know it.
Not even “registered voters” much less “likely voters” but “adults”. Hysterical stuff.
I live in a moderately upscale neighborhood in Hollywood, CA. Just 3 blocks south begin the fabulously wealthy with the gardeners, 3 storey guest houses, BMW’s, 20,000 sq ft homes, poodles and pools. I take a 3 mile walk every day.
1 Obama sign - 3 Obama bumper stickers. Obama comes to this neighborhood to fundraise. In 2008 the Obama yardsigns were countless.
“Rasmussens VA poll posted today shows Obama up by 2 (48-46).
Im truly stunned my fellow Virginians havent awakened to the spectre of Obamination II.”
Would you yourself be so “stunned” to discover that many of your fellow Virginians:
1. HAVE “awakened” to the spectre of Obamination II, and...
2. WANT it to happen?
Earlier posters were denigrating the results of the poll of the title article, but I find Rasmussen’s results to be more credible.
Looks like Virginia truly has become “a swing state”.
How much longer before it topples into the blue, Colorado-style?
Spoken just like a liberal. Mocking sneer quotes and all.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. Like a liberal Democrat with an R velcroed to his sleeve.
If you're voting for Romney because you fear The All Powerful And Omnipotent Obama, then say that, but stop tearing down your fellow conservatives who refuse to compromise their most deeply held beliefs.
If so this poll sounds like an outlier to me: all the MD counties except Anne Arundel & Frederick went for Obama in 2008 (Montgomery & PG are so deep blue they're practically ultraviolet) and the situation in DC needs no explanation.
Well, that's the $64K question. Like much of the country, it's undergoing large demographic changes, especially in the occupied north. Much of Fairfax County doesn't even look American anymore.
So, while much of the rest of the Old Dominion is still conservative, there are indeed growing factions who want the rest of us to join them in a kneeling position before the big-government leviathon.
You missed the point.
Read your profile. If I were to complete a profile, it would match yours, except for the state.
That Rasmussen corresponds to what Romney’s camp recently said about Virginia as well.
Bay Buchanan said they believe Obama is up by a couple of points, but that he was up by 8 points just a few months ago and that the race there continues to trend in Romney’s favor.
However, there is a strong strain of social conservativism there as well. It's not like Boston.
I think Obama's gay marriage stance was the final nail/coffin.
I'm glad to hear that you meant the exact opposite of what I read in your comment. Perhaps an added word or two would have made it more clear.
I have seen Romney bumper stickers in Fairfax city.
That adds up to 94%. What about the other 6%? Are they undecided, or are they voting 3rd party? If most are undecided, then this is a definite advantage for Romney.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.