Skip to comments.Romney-Ryan Announcement Live Thread
Posted on 08/11/2012 5:43:45 AM PDT by John W
Thought we needed this.
The first time I heard of Ryan was during the Healthcare summit. He was impressive.
Of the names that have been circulated, I like Ryan the most.
Ryan introduced-up at the mike.
At 9:28 AM Mr. Romney pulled out and made Mr. Ryan
At 9:29, Mr. RomneyCARE recanted, and became an
We are looking at the future of conservativism in America AND the future president in Paul Ryan.
Mitt has made a great decision!
Yes. Wouldn’t it be great, if the roles were reversed?
That was a TREMENDOUS way to handle the minor gaffe! And it will play well with many of us conservatives!
Yeh, was that a fopa or what? LOL.
I’m very, very excited. This is awesome!!!
Ryan would be a better pic than Romney for Prez.
I am thrilled w Ryan pic. I am totally on board w this.
DOH! Mitt is now VP choice? Okay then lol
What song was being played while Ryan approached the stage?
I’m no fan of Romney, but Picking Ryan was an excellent choice for five reasons:
1. It shows us that Romney understands the economic Armageddon we are approaching and that serious economic reform is needed to avoid that cliff.
2. It shows that he was paying attention to Ryan’s legislative suggestions over the past years, sound and good suggestions that are bold and in the right direction — suggestions largely ignored by the Democrats and the establishment
3. It shows he’s paying attention to the conservative base.
4. He could have chosen a “token” VP running mate simply to appeal to some special, minority class of voters (a woman, a racial or ethnic minority, etc.). Instead, he picked a “white male,” which many in the government-media industrial complex will attack as being anti-woman, anti-minority. This tells us that Romney wants to put together a team that will fix the problems, not one that will have only popular appeal. It also tells the conservative base he’s not going to play those “I’m PC and hip” games. This also shows us that he is confident in winning this race without having to play those cheap political games.
5. Ryan is an excellent voice for going after the left on ideological grounds and destroying their arguments. Romney’s pick of Ryan tells us that he’s not going to play the “kid glove” games that McCain and the rest of the establishment have been playing with Obammie the Commie.
All in all, a very good pick by Romney and I give him credit.
As I’ve stated over the past years, though, I don’t think financial Armageddon can be avoided at this point and that we are facing a global depression that will make the 1930’s look like the Roarin’ 20’s. My fear is that the collapse will occur (or will be made to occur) when the Oval Office is occupied by those the socialists/fascists/communists can call “free-marketers” or “Capitalists” and that they will blame the collapse on Capitalism and a free-market economy, shifting blame from where it belongs: the Statists and their socialist/communist/fascist economic policies.
Good save, though. “Every once I a while I have been known to make a mistake. But not with this guy.”
Anybody note that this is the FIRST Romney Speech that CNN has carried with any fanfare??
They just ignore Romney speeched, usually
No, I heard it too.
Glad your aides caught it.
they are using a teleprompter. Romney flubbed quite a few words but the biggest flub was hilarious. That is going to get a lot of play.
What's a "fopa"?
Yep, and then Romney came back and and corrected himself with good humor. I like this team. Their visual together is good, to say nothing about the rhetoric — spot on.
I did not want to take a conservative (however you define one) OUT of the senate. The Ryan pick is brilliant in so many ways (if we win) in that we will have ADDED a 51st GOP vote and a conservative vote to the senate in case of ties.
Later today Joe Biden will be qouted as saying "you know this is a big ****** deal" ... :-)