Skip to comments.Teacher At Community College Makes Class Sign “Vote For Obama” Pledge
Posted on 09/16/2012 7:20:03 AM PDT by seekthetruth
A citizen, whose nephew attends Brevard Community College, reports that he brought home the below bookmark pledging to vote for President Obama. The bookmark and pledge was handed out during a mathematics class taught by Assistant Professor Sharon Sweet. This occurred while the student was in class at the request of his College Algebra teacher, Sharon Sweet, from Brevard Community College in [Melbourne] Florida.
(Excerpt) Read more at watchdogwire.com ...
Typical communist bull****. I would have told the ho to KMA.
"110.233 Political activities and unlawful acts prohibited. (1) No person shall be appointed to, demoted, or dismissed from any position in the career service, or in any way favored or discriminated against with respect to employment in the career service, because of race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, religious creed, or political opinion or affiliation.
(2) No person shall use or promise to use, directly or indirectly, any official authority or influence, whether possessed or anticipated, to secure or attempt to secure for any person an appointment or advantage in appointment to a position in the career service, or an increase in pay or other advantage in employment in any such position, for the purpose of influencing the vote or political action of any person or for any consideration; however, letters of inquiry, recommendations, and references by public employees or public officials shall not be considered political pressure unless any such letter contains a threat, intimidation, or irrelevant, derogatory, or false information. For the purposes of this section, the term political pressure, in addition to any appropriate meaning which may be ascribed thereto by lawful authority, includes the use of official authority or influence in any manner prohibited by this chapter.
(3) No person shall, directly or indirectly, give, render, pay, offer, solicit, or accept any money, service, or other valuable consideration for or on account of any appointment, proposed appointment, promotion or proposed promotion to, or any advantage in, a position in the career service. The provisions of this subsection do not apply to a private employment agency licensed pursuant to the provisions of 1chapter 449 when the services of such private employment agency are requested by a state agency, board, department, or commission and neither the state nor any political subdivision pays the private employment agency for such services.
(4) As an individual, each employee retains all rights and obligations of citizenship provided in the Constitution and laws of the state and the Constitution and laws of the United States. However, no employee in the career service shall:
(a) Hold, or be a candidate for, public office while in the employment of the state or take any active part in a political campaign while on duty or within any period of time during which the employee is expected to perform services for which he or she receives compensation from the state. However, when authorized by his or her agency head and approved by the department as involving no interest which conflicts or activity which interferes with his or her state employment, an employee in the career service may be a candidate for or hold local public office. The department shall prepare and make available to all affected personnel who make such request a definite set of rules and procedures consistent with the provisions herein.
(b) Use the authority of his or her position to secure support for, or oppose, any candidate, party, or issue in a partisan election or affect the results thereof.
(5) No state employee or official shall use any promise of reward or threat of loss to encourage or coerce any employee to support or contribute to any political issue, candidate, or party.
(6) The department shall adopt by rule procedures for Career Service System employees that require disclosure to the agency head of any application for or offer of employment, gift, contractual relationship, or financial interest with any individual, partnership, association, corporation, utility, or other organization, whether public or private, doing business with or subject to regulation by the agency.
It’s things like this that make me glad I’ve already graduated.
Although this took place in Brevard County, I would not doubt that it happens in Broward as well.
REMEMBER to be polite and calm.
(Your message will be effective if you're not perceived as a raving lunatic.)
Please contact BCC asap and let them know this will not be tolerated!
The BCC Call Center is the place to call for general information about everything from admissions to graduation.
Call Center Hours are Monday through Thursday: 7:30 AM to 7 PM. We are closed Friday through Sunday.
Call Center: 321-632-1111, Option 0
NP. Just wanted to make sure the correct campus feels the wrath!
A promise to vote Obama a place in hell.
Are you so sexist that even if a math professor is named Sharon, it must be a man?
Assistant Professor, Math
Office: Melbourne, 007-317
How do you post twitter feeds like that?
Sounds like me in the Humanities class, Social Science class, and Physcology Class. Had my name passed around, as in "watch out". As long as the professor stand on track with the syllabus I didn't have a problem with it. Stray off into current politics and I'd nail their liberal hide to the wall. I had the Social Science professor threaten me with a Fail. Never saw anyone back pedal so fast when she got summoned into the department heads office the next morning with me (and two witnesses).
These people need to be taken down quickly, and you do it through the department head, the campus administration, the college chancellor, or the board of regents. Witnesses are invaluable to prevent the "you misunderstood me", or the "I didn't say that", which is what was attempted on me.
I used Paint application (program in computer) for screenshot and just linked it to the tweet.
It is certainly outrageous.
But fortunately we still have secret ballots.
I thought it was BREVARD, not BROWARD...
Never mind Allen West! West is Broward.
That deserves its own thread. Outrageous.