Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Pakistani man dies after inhaling fumes from burning American flags at anti-Islam film rally
Daily Mail ^ | 18th September 2012 | Phil Vinter

Posted on 09/18/2012 6:48:30 AM PDT by the scotsman

'A Pakistani protestor has died after inhaling smoke from burning U.S. flags during a rally against the anti-Islam film Innocence of Muslims.

Abdullah Ismail died in Mayo hospital in Lahore having complained of feeling unwell during the angry demonstrations in the eastern Pakistan city yesterday.'

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...


TOPICS: Foreign Affairs; News/Current Events; War on Terror
KEYWORDS: flagburning; oldglory; oops
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-54 last
To: the scotsman
Bwahahahaha...breathe...Bwahahahahaha....breathe....bwahahaha!

"Warning: Inhaling the fumes when burning this flag may be hazardous to your health, resulting in serious injury or death."

51 posted on 09/18/2012 8:50:30 AM PDT by going hot (Happiness is a momma deuce)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: the scotsman

Hope several of them become infertile because of the fumes or worse.......Delayed after effects work nicely too. It’s harder to pinpoint who’s to blame.


52 posted on 09/18/2012 8:55:02 AM PDT by thingumbob (I'm a bitter clinger...I dare you to take my gun)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: tet68

Consumer Reporter: Alright. Fine. Fine. Well, we’d like to show you another one of Mr. Mainway’s products. It retails for $1.98, and it’s called Bag O’ Glass. [ holds up bag of glass ] Mr. Mainway, this is simply a bag of jagged, dangerous, glass bits.

Irwin Mainway: Yeah, right, it’s you know, it’s glass, it’s broken glass, you know? It sells very well, as a matter of fact, you know? It’s just broken glass, you know?

Consumer Reporter: [ laughs ] I don’t understand. I mean, Pakistanis could seriously cut themselves on any one of these pieces!

Irwin Mainway: Yeah, well, look - you know, the average Paki, he picks up, you know, broken glass anywhere, you know? The beach, the street, garbage cans, parking lots, all over the place in any big city. We’re just packaging what they want! I mean, it’s a creative toy, you know? If you hold this up, you know, you see colors, every color of the rainbow! I mean, it teaches them about light refraction, you know? Prisms, and that stuff! You know what I mean?

Consumer Reporter: So, you don’t feel that this product is dangerous?

Irwin Mainway: No! Look, we put a label on every bag that says, “Third Worlders, esp. Pakistanis! Be careful - broken glass!” I mean, we sell a lot of products in the “Bag O’” line.. like Bag O’ Glass, Bag O’ Nails, Bag O’ Bugs, Bag O’ Vipers, Bag O’ Sulfuric Acid. Bag O’ Toxic Flags. They’re decent toys, you know what I mean?”


53 posted on 09/18/2012 9:04:53 AM PDT by tumblindice (pushing the envelope since 2005)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: the scotsman

As a Boy Scout Leader, I’ve burned lots of flags (for disposal in a respectful manner) but I’m not stupid enough to suck in the thick black smoke.

We once disposed of one that was about 10X15. Man, what a fire.


54 posted on 09/18/2012 9:38:56 AM PDT by cyclotic (People who live within their means are increasingly being forced to pay for people who didn't.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]


Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-54 last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson