Skip to comments.White House narrative on Libya all but collapsed
Posted on 09/21/2012 1:57:52 PM PDT by Ernest_at_the_Beach
On Sunday, the White House narrative on the assassination of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans in Benghazi was that they died in a protest that spun out of control, as UN Ambassador Susan Rice insisted on multiple talk shows. That narrative hasnt even lasted out the week. By Wednesday, officials in the US government began acknowledging that the so-called riot at the consulate in Libya had elements of planning and heavy weapons; by yesterday, Barack Obama himself refused to answer questions about the nature of the attack. There may not have even been a protest at the consulate before the attack.
Today, The Daily Beasts Eli Lake looks at the collapse of the Obama narrative on the attack, and the questions it raises about the administrations handling of consular security in an area known to be rife with Islamist militias and terrorists:
(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...
“Whitehouse Narrative” new euphemism for lying sack of dogpoop!
Actually no, I hadn’t seen that.
I had seen reports that the Libyan security forces had directed the attackers toward the ‘safe’ house.
I tend to take most of this with a grain of salt.
There are so many sources and misrepresentations that get made, that it’s almost impossible to believe it all, or know which parts to believe.
Some of the wire services reporting out of the region have their own agenda too, so it’s hard to know how much is true, embellished, or flat out lies.
Ok these articles state he was scheduled for a public appearance in the most heavily occupied city the day after 9-11. They also state the tribes were all informed. Why not fly a blimp over the city saying come kidnap me. So if the White house had the information as reported were they stupid or was it a setup?
That said I have 5 adult children, their spouses and mates and out of 10 all are voting Romney. They understand their civic duty as voters and that you do not ever vote just your wallet. That 47% is a BS number because it hides all the details of it's existence.
You are correct. It is not even 47 percent of people, it is 47 percent of households. If your mother is living with you, and she gets social security, your household is one of the 47 percent. If your spouse is getting a military pension, your household is one of the 47 percent.
A considerable number of the 47 percent are conservatives.
I understand the point Romney was trying to make, which is that we are becoming a dependant nation, but he has said that he could have said it better, and it is true.
There is also a good bit of the tape missing and we do not know the context for that. Presumably it was to make the worst possible cut for Romney.
Plus keeping Huma happy.....
I’m not convinced you’re wrong. I’m not convinced you are right, because this may turn out to be a change of direction in the region.
Right now, things are settling. I tend to believe you are on the right track, but some strange things are going on right now, and it’s plenty tough to read.
“Theyre not Democrats. Theyre Gimmedats.”
Foreign policy is all Obama has to hang his hat on. They F**Ked up big time. Romney better get his talking points sharpened for the debates
This whole 47% argument is a major decoy to get the other 53% to feel things are hopeless. The reality is we have about 35 to 37% who are either severe dependents who have no choice, total losers who love free sh!t, hard core Marxists & the brain dead Hollywood/Broadway/Media Elites. The percentage that are truly in need of assistance are some of the most conservative people I know. 47% to Obama is BS.
the brain dead Hollywood/Broadway/Media Elites.
I should not have thrown them in but they only represent about .25 percent of the population.
Mouse in the House: The Memoirs of Monica Lewisky
The Democrats made Clinton a Rockstar, for his performance with the Intern.
Where's Fox News?
One would think that if Fox reported on this angle that the other mass media outlets would also have to address it.
Has Fox News run with this yet?
Where's the outrage?
Check out my new tagline.
4 dead Americans. 4 times as bad as Carters 1979 F***up.
This “Middle East” crap is nonsense.
All of these events are happening in the NEAR East, not the middle east.
The Near East are all Shemitic peoples (Arabs, and Hebrews, etc.) while the Middle East are all Caucasian peoples (descendants of Japeth) and their politics do not mix well with the Shemitic nations of the Near east.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.