Skip to comments.Vanity: List your debate night suggestions for Romney
Posted on 10/03/2012 7:21:37 AM PDT by 1Old Pro
List your ideas:
Blame Bush. It works, it obfuscates polls show people believe it.
How does Romney fight it and make it HUGH and memorable?
Use the Reagan line "There you go again".
If he does this early in the debate he will neuter Obama's blame gme for the whole night and really throw him off. When Obama returns to blame, ROmney uses there you go again and hits a grand slam.
Produce facts and tell blatantly tell the truth.
Here are some good ones here (just posted)
Advice for Romney for Debate: Add Yours
Pound on the economy and pound on foreign policy.
Make sure people know how dangerous the Middle East is since last spring, and that was all Obama.
If Obama takes credit for Bin Laden, then if Bush’s interogation techniques helped to get Bin Laden.
Ask what Obama’s plan is for cutting the deficit. What is his plan for getting more jobs.
"when I move into the White House the new attorney general will initiate a thorough and complete investigation in order to clarify to the American people that Barack Obama was indeed eligible and was the legitimate President of these United States. Such an investigation is only fair to not only President Obama and his legacy but also to the American people. I'm sure that the results of this investigation will provide proof that President Obama was indeed legitimately the President of the United States.
However, if by some chance the accusations turn out to be correct, there is a promise that anybody in Congress whether they be republican or democrat will be legally held accountable and justice will be served for any wrong doing and illegal activity. Let that be a warning to the leaders of Congress who have taken the oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America."
“If I’m elected you’ll find me in the White House not on the golf course.”
Smile alot. Talk about his wife. Ask Obama why he is so negative all the time and never seems to take responsibility for his own failures. Attack him, but do it with a smile and somewhat belittling tone. Give specifics about how he will improve the economy.
Why? What’s the point?
Your record is a pathetic failure, no matter how much you and Jim here wish it were otherwise.
“What about Dingel-Norwood”?
Do you really need to create a new post identical to the same one you posted 24 threads down?
If he gets the Blame Bush argument, say: “If I was your supervisor on a job and you screwed up badly but blame it on your supervisor from 4 years ago, should I continue to employ you?”
Be tough as nails but not come across as mean. No easy task.
Reagan was a master at this.
Watch tapes of Reagan, over and over and over again.
If I am elected, I promise to limit the vacations and travel of my family to ... (fill in the blank) so that the taxpayers are not footing the bill for our extravagant lifestyle.
Have Newt stand behind a curtain with the microphone.
Actually, I feel safer when he IS playing golf!
Romney needs to:
1. Congratulate Obama on 20 years of marraige by stating, “20 years ago today, you were married by the Reverand Wright in Chicago, and I congratulate you on that effort.”
2. Point out the fact that there are now MORE people on FOODSTAMPS than people that are getting jobs.
3. Point out the fact that poor people should not be compensated for cellphones
4. Discuss Benghazi. This is a win/win.
5. Ask Obama why he no longer uses the word terrorism.
6. Ask Obama if he is actually proud of what he has done to America.
7. Demand Obama repeal the tax increases that are coming with Obamacare.
8. Bring up the Oil Pipeline, Drilling Offshore, and Coal Plant closures.
9. Bring up the fact that US citizens and Mexican citizens were murdered by guns that his administration sold to felons.
10. Call him a liar at least once.