Skip to comments.CUMULUS SIGNS SAVAGE
Posted on 10/17/2012 10:27:38 AM PDT by raccoonradio
Less than three weeks after parting company with TRN Michael Savage will now be syndicated by Cumulus. His show, "The Savage Nation" will go live on Tuesday, October 23rd. Co-chief Operating Officer John Dickey said, As we aggressively create radios most compelling mix of show hosts the addition of Michael Savage is a milestone in our determined efforts to provide our listeners nationwide with the best programing in the business."
In late September, Savage said he would be off the air for "some time." according to his website. He posted a message on his website that said, "after a grueling legal battle that cost him and his family dearly, Michael Savage can announce he won." Savage filed a lawsuit against TRN in 2010 over his contract and says he is "now free to work with whomever he wishes in the radio industry from this day forward."
No terms huh?
The guy is 70 I doubt it’s a 10 year deal.
Via All Access:
>>The show will air 9p-midnight (ET).
(it was 6-9 ET/3-6 PT before. Jerry Doyle was placed into
his old slot by TRN)
Same time slot?
All access says 3 hours later: 9p-mid ET. Stations may not necessarily carry him in that slot.
Talk Radio Network gave his old 6-9ET/3-6p PT slot to
Jerry Doyle. Some stations like WRKO Boston opted for
He has never been a loyal employee and almost never a benevolent boss. —he generally treats people in the cold and horrible way his dad and professors treated him.
He’s a very passionate and talented BUM who ended up lucking out big-time with a great family of his own and a few very important lucky breaks.
1 micrometer to the left or right and this guy would have been floating in an ebb tide off Point Ross after an amazing fall.
If you think he’s REALLy a conservative then you’ve been hoodwinked.
Our radio provider is unhappy with how Michael left all his customers hanging in the wind. Considering it thoughtless of his fans/listeners.
All to say ... I doubt if the local station will subscribe to Michael's new show.
I am a fan of Michael Savage. I miss him. Most everyone when having success becomes full of their self. It is all about ego, money, power ,,, to heck with current listeners.
God bless Michael Savage's new endeavor.
9PM-Midnight is a death slot for talk hosts. Most AM stations are running at reduced power with reduced coverage at those hours. Some literally on flea power of a few watts.
Yes, 6-9 out west though. And in NYC Cumulus is buying an FM (WFME 94.7, from Harold Camping’s Family Radio). May wind up there but perhaps not for awhile
On Drudge there was an article about a 72 foot yacht capsizing near the Golden Gate bridge. The first thing I thought of was Savage.
After parting ways with his previous syndicator last month, Michael Savage has joined Cumulus Media Networks roster of talk personalities. Hell get a later timeslot with Cumulus slotting Savage in the 9pm-12midnight ET daypart. Savage had about 300 affiliates while at Talk Radio Networks, and Cumulus will now work to bring them onboard. —inside radio
Books as Michael Weiner
* Plant a Tree, New York: Collier Books, 1975, ISBN 0471571040
* Bugs in Peanut Butter, Boston: Little, Brown, 1976, ISBN 0316928607
* Man’s Useful Plants, New York: Macmillan. 1976, ISBN 0027926001
* The Taster’s Guide to Beer: Brews and Breweries of the World, Macmillan, 1977, ISBN 0026256002
* Earth Medicine, Earth Food, New York: Macmillan Pub. Co., 1980, ISBN 002625610X
* The Way of the Skeptical Nutritionist, New York: Macmillan, 1981, ISBN 0026256207
* The Art of Feeding Children Well (with Kathleen Goss), Warner Books, 1982, ISBN 0446978906
* Nutrition Against Aging, Bantam books, 1983, ISBN 0553236423
* Secrets of Fijian Medicine, Quantum Books, 1983, ISBN 0912845023
* Vital Signs, San Diego: Avant Books, 1983, ISBN 0932238203
* Getting Off Cocaine, Avon Books, February, 1984, ISBN 0380679000
* Dr. Savage’s High Fiber Counter, Pinnacle Books, May, 1984, ISBN 0523422113
* Maximum Immunity, Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1986, ISBN 0395379105
* Reducing the Risk of Alzheimer’s, New York: Stein and Day, 1987, re-published under the name Michael Savage, Ph.D., in 2007, ISBN 0946551537
* The Complete Book of Homeopathy, Garden City Park, N.Y.: Avery Pub., 1989, ISBN 0895294125
* The Herbal Bible, San Rafael, CA: Quantum Books, 1992, ISBN 0912845066
* Healing Children Naturally, San Rafael, CA: Quantum Books, 1993, re-published under the name Michael Savage, Ph.D., in 2007, ISBN 0912845104
* Herbs That Heal: Prescription for Herbal Healing, Mill Valley, CA: Quantum Books, 1994, ISBN 0912845112
* The Antioxidant Cookbook, Mill Valley, CA: Quantum Books, 1995, ISBN 0912845139
 Books as Michael Savage
* The Death of the White Male, Mill Valley, CA: Quantum Books, 1991, ISBN 0-9128-4508-2
* The Savage Nation, Nashville: WND Books, 2002, ISBN 0-7852-6353-5
* The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on our Schools, Faith, and Military, Nashville: Nelson Current, 2003, ISBN 0-7852-6102-8
* Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder, Nashville: Nelson Current, 2005, ISBN 1-59555-006-2
* The Political Zoo, Nashville: Nelson Current, 2006, ISBN 1-59555-042-9
* Psychological Nudity, 2008, ISBN 1-4276-3401-7
* Banned in Britian (2009) ISBN-10: 1427642532
* Trickle Up Poverty (2010) ISBN-10: 0062010972
* Abuse of Power, (2012) ISBN-10: 0312553013
* Trickle Down Tyranny (2012) ISBN-10: 006208397X
Here in DC, the lineup on WMAL could or might be:
5-9 Morning Show
9-12 Chris Plante
.. and two C2C presidential, post-debate listener polls show Romney winning almost two-to-one.. so 12 years of anti-Bush shows like the one recently remembering the 9/11/2001 attacks with a show about how Bush and Cheney ordered the attacks (along with Saudi Arabia) has little effect on a large number of their listeners.
A conservative Savage would have more than half of the C2C listeners in no time.. he'd even beat Red Eye among listeners who like C2C stuff.