Skip to comments.Salt Lake Tribune endorses Obama (Video)
Posted on 10/19/2012 8:51:11 PM PDT by ConservativeStatement
The Salt Lake Tribune is receiving national media attention for its endorsement of the reelection of President Barack Obama. News organizations including CNN, the Washington Post and POLITICO all seem shocked that the state's leading newspaper is endorsing the incumbent, not the "favorite son."
(Excerpt) Read more at examiner.com ...
Well, to remain a player in the twisted world of news reporting, we must remain PC, mustn’t we?
The Salt Lake Tribune is a known liberal rag and anti Mormon newspaper. It was made for that purpose way back in the 1870’s as a direct opposition to the Mormon community.
It endorsed Romney last time as well.
Everyone knows this, the media is just playing along as if it’s a shock.
Must have received a pay off....
Utah is a deep Red State. Romney wins it with 75% of the vote.
Good luck to the bozos in liberal Salt Lake City, the maggot-infested armpit of Utah!
Oops, make that it endorsed Obama last time as well.
OH BOY! The SLTribune!!!!!!!!! Man, have I been waiting to hear their endorsement!!! Now I know to vote for Barry!!!! Golly Gee, they’re great,...aren’t they????????????????? Heavy sarcasm off!
Can't say for sure (and too lazy to fact-check), but I don't recall the Austin American Statesman's ringing endorsement of GWB in either 2000 or 2004. (It is the Statesman, after all.)
We call the Daily Tucson, AZ Lib Rag, i.e. the Arizona RED Star. Got something similar that you call the Tribune?
Just goes to prove that every state has a newspaper and a segment of its population that wants collectivism.
They are going to be the laughing stock of the Nation when the Fox News Special report on Benghazi in real time with Bret Baier starts making headlines tonight.
Here’s the latest list, at least according to this one site.
Romney has newspapers in Dallas, Orlando, Nashville and Omaha.
Obama has Philadelphia, Seattle, Sacramento, St. Louis and now Salt Lake City.
Romney has Las Vegas, too, as you mentioned.
It’s. Owned by the Media News Group out of Denver. They own the Los Angeles Daily News and since they bought it the paper has moved steadily leftward and they buy most of their national and state reporting from outside sources. The editorial page has become quite liberal (not LA Times liberal but headed that direction) as the management has been replaced. In this case it would not surprise me if the same trends were not occurring on this paper. They also like to show their independence from the LDS Church and the Deseret News. I don’t know who is on their editorial board and their politics which is the real reason for the decision.
The Chicago Jewish Star is one of the latest publications to endorse Mitt Romney.
This other paper must be one of those alternative rags for the hippies and miscreants with ads for prostitutes in the back pages.
That newspaper is done in Utah!
Print newspapers are dead. They just don't realize it yet.
I am shocked......it’s Utah after all, the lap dog Romney state.
True, including that traitor WSJ.
Maybe the Chicago gang made them an offer they couldn’t refuse. If the commie ‘RATS fail in November, it’s going to set global communism back 50 years.
...some former employees say that the newspapers are focused on making a profit to the detriment of good journalism.
That shows someone where journalism is today.
Now THAT was gutsy; considering the HISTORY that MORMONism had with the press!
Utah is a deep MORMONState. Romney wins it with 67% of the voter base claiming to be MORMON.
Choose The Right!
1. If you could hie to Kolob In the twinkling of an eye,
And then continue onward With that same speed to fly,
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
2. Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, No man has found pure space,
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.
3. The works of God continue, And worlds and lives abound;
Improvement and progression Have one eternal round.
There is no end to matter; There is no end to space;
There is no end to spirit; There is no end to race.
4. There is no end to virtue; There is no end to might;
There is no end to wisdom; There is no end to light.
There is no end to union; There is no end to youth;
There is no end to priesthood; There is no end to truth.
5. There is no end to glory; There is no end to love;
There is no end to being; There is no death above.
There is no end to glory; There is no end to love;
There is no end to being; There is no death above.
Two words: Harry Reid
Spoken like a TBM
Lefty libs in SLC longing for their Commie past.
Ping to #32
I am SHOCKED: that a piece of garbage like that has surived this long.
It doesn’t surprise me. Salt Lake City metro is the most non-Mormon, non-conservative bastion of libs for hundreds of miles. There’s a huge gay community in Salt Lake, which serves as an in-you-face front against the LDS Church.
Remember Mayor Rocky Anderson?
Need I say more?
I been through Salt Lake City a few times, but never explored much—so thanks for the clarification. I checked demographics of the region and it just didn’t add up on the face of it.
Following the link to Josie’s house....
“In 1936 Jim Robinson, an old enemy, accused her of butchering beef and selling it in town.”
I think NOT!!!
No cruising allowed!
A lot longer than the FIRST paper to cross the MORMONs!!!
I am surrounded by good friends in my Salt Lake neighborhood that are all elitist democrats, most are LDS. It is a Huntsman mentality. Scott Howell included. They all have an air of superiority.
And they all hang out with the famous fudge packer Jim Dabakis, a so called Returned Missionary.
I think prophesy is being fulfilled about SLC becoming the wickedest city in America. There are gays galore.
Harry Reid is written all over this article. There are so many Obama talking points in this article that are not true it is right out of their playbook. How can Romney’s tax plan be radical if Romney never explained it well enough for them to understand?
Remember Reid came out strong against Romney saying he is not the face of Mormonism? http://is.gd/db3YKm Corrupt liars like Reid are the face of mormonism?
See article in the paper where Reid held a conference call with Salt Lake Tribune according to Thomas Burr http://is.gd/KBpOxp
I did not want Romney but if Obama wins America is done with. GOP is doing nothing to stop this corrupt administration either.
Very interesting - would that we could today declare certain of the media “public nuisances” and deal with them so efficiently......
Why is anyone shocked by this, the Trib has been a liberial rag for years.
The water in Lake Bonneville: is it rising??
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...