Skip to comments.Obama Slaps States That Don't Comply With Obamacare
Posted on 12/01/2012 12:26:17 PM PST by Olog-hai
Residents of states that refuse to set up health insurance exchanges under Obamacare are set to be hit with higher premiums under new rules announced by the Health and Human Services Department.
Insurance companies will be charged 3.5 percent of any premiums they sell through the federal exchanges, the department announced Friday. And insurers are likely to pass that surcharge on to clients, leaading to higher premiums.
The only states to be affected are those that refuse to set up their own exchanges because of opposition to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. They are almost certain to be those under Republican control. In those states, HHS will set up the exchanges.
(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...
All the liberals will move to liberal land where they set up the exchanges to avoid higher premiums!
Or we could have a Speaker of the House with some backbone who refuses to fund this boondoggle. Paging John Boehner. Oh wait, I said a Speaker with backbone. Cancel that page.
“Someone get some dirt on this bastard. Get him out.”
It hasn’t dawned on you yet has it?
This is not the America you remember from a few years ago.
Obama isn’t going anywhere. He could be caught with a dead girl and a live boy and he still won’t be going anywhere.
1) Somebody needs to run the numbers. As I remember, one of the States(Arizona?) estimated that it would take $65M to set up the exchange, and $45M per year to run it. Would a 3.5% tax on exchange insurance policies amount to more or less than $45M per year?
2) While the tax for not purchasing an insurance policy was explicitly written into the Obamacare law ... the 3.5% tax was not. All revenue measures must originate in the House. Roberts has already ruled that States could not be penalized for not setting up an Exchange. Sounds unconstitutional to me.
3) What if all of the insurance companies in a State without a State exchange decide they don’t want to offer the standard one size fits all insurance policy in the Federal Exchange? And ... what if the States, that have regulatory authority over insurance companies in their State, help them make that decision? What then?
Every attempt to fix this monstrosity of Obamacare produces reactions that require more fixes, that in turn have additional unintended consequences.
Please pass the popcorn.
With respect to Romneycare vs. Obamacare is there really that much difference, other than what state vs. federal/state entails?
The primaries were rigged. Romney was declared the candidate by the pundits and the media before the first primary. For those of us who live in states where primaries were held late, there were no other choices.
Assuming we have another election, which is doubtful at the moment, the Republican Party will continue to put forth liberal candidates. If you want to continue to vote for liberals be my guest. I’m don’t with the Republican Party and its loser candidates who don’t represent me and my values.
I’m loving reading the comments here because conservatives might actually be thinking about organizing themselves to resist the criminal fascist syndicate occupying Washington. Let’s first see if the outrage lasts beyond a day.
As if the states running an exchange aren’t going to have to do the same thing given the enormous unfunded cost in the out years.
The House needs to not fund everything and anything that has to do with Obamacare. If they don’t do this all the talk about repeal was just hot air. Obamacare can be killed by de-funding it, today.
This is what happens with you have several conservatives splitting the vote and a moderate survives.
I did not support Romney at the caucus but I know with absolute certainty he is far, far superior to this communist/Muslim we have in the WH now. I share your concern about another election. If Romney had been elected we would not have the same worry.
You'll have to read the law, now that it's been passed...to know what's in the law. I have a feeling it says something about "evolving", somewhere in there.
November 9, 2012 4:00 A.M.
Obamacare Is Still Vulnerable
Now is not the time to go wobbly.
By Michael F. Cannon
“Someone get some dirt on this bastard. Get him out.”
And just how do you propose getting it past his usefull idiot “media” whores?
“which is doubtful at the moment”
Quite true....”third term” doesn’t come close.
This quote by Jarrett needs to be sent to Drudge. People need to know who we are dealing with.
Any day now, his new title will be president for life.
1. A slap bet is created when two parties involved in a disagreement, argument, or difference of opinion mutually agree that whichever party is proven right (or winning party) gets to slap whichever party is proven wrong (or losing party) across the face as hard as they possibly can.
2. In all Slap Bets, a Slap Bet Commissioner must be appointed. In the event of a discrepancy, the Slap Bet Commissioner makes the final ruling. The Slap Bet Commissioner must be someone fair and unbiased, someone kind hearted but not afraid to rule with an iron wrist.
4. When issuing a slap, the slapper must not wear any rings, gloves, or other finger/hand ornaments to protect the safety of the slappee.
5. When issuing a slap, the slapper must keep one foot on the ground at all times to protect the safety of the slappee.
9. When the slappee gets slapped, he/she must accept the fact that they’ve just got slapped. Any retaliation against the slapper, by the slappee, will result in no less than ten slaps (with a set number to be delivered by the Slap Bet Commissioner.)
Thank you, 0bama voters.
Obama has zero negotiating skills. This is the kind of thing he does instead of negotiating.
Obama NEVER negotiates. The Republicans should take note and act accordingly.