Skip to comments.Jimmy Hoffa Warns Of "Civil War" As MI Governor Signs "Right-To-Work" Into Law
Posted on 12/12/2012 9:28:15 AM PST by DCBryan1
Minutes before Michigan Governor Snyder signed the 'Right-To-Work' bill into law...
... Teamsters head Jimmy Hoffa appeared on CNN, as seen in the clip below, warning that:
...as the bill to weaken unions' power is passed. If Hoffa is right, look for Michigan GDP to soar: after all it is one of the more Keynesian states in the union.
Via AP: Michigan Gov. Snyder signs right-to-work bills
LANSING, Mich. (AP) Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has signed right-to-work legislation,
(Excerpt) Read more at zerohedge.com ...
We already have a civil war. It’s just a cold war right now.
The state of Michigan will need to also re-configure its relationship with the public sector unions. They are the true cancer.
Labor unions already are causing a war on the economy:
Economic effects of labor unions :
1) cause or perpetuate unemployment
2) cause artificial inequalities in wage rates if confined to isolated industries
3) combat rise in real wages in combating rise in productivity of labor
4) frustrate the law of comparative advantage and prevent the less able from outcompeting the more able
5) the greater the extent of wage increases achieved by labor unions, the more severe become the effects of minimum-wage laws
6) impair capital accumulation by reducing productivity of capital goods
7) monopolize the market against the less able and the disadvantaged
8) prevent increase in money and spending from increasing employment
9) promote racial discrimination
10) reduce average real wage rates by causing unemployment and a lower productivity of labor
11) reduce fraction of worlds money supply circulation in United States
12) responsible for inability of American industries to compete against foreign competitors
13) unemployment caused by labor unions worsens consequences of job loss
14) wage demands of labor unions can lead to more raid increases in quantity of fiat money if government seeks to avoid resulting unemployment by this means
If I recall correctly, Hoffa isn’t exactly Mr Popular even with his union’s own members. Something about a stolen union election.
Why would Homeland Security care? Most are probably on the take from the unions.
Why am I having trouble imagining a bunch of middle-aged first grade teachers lobbing mortars and charging a defended perimeter?
I happen to be a customer of Nissan thank to them..
Who’s your daddy Jimmy?
Bleeding Kansas-Bleeding Michigan.
It's coming, please prepare.
Isn’t this the very reason why we have the NDAA?? Why aren’t these people cooling off in GITMO?? Maybe Michigan should adopt the NDAA as STATE LAW and imprison the whole bunch indefinitely. and of course they would be prevented from confirming or denying any such action as outlined in the NDAA.
Good for the Goose, good for the Gander
Exactly.My last UAW made product was a 1990 Olds.Since then,nothing but Japanese and German.Never again will a vehicle made with UAW labor darken my driveway.I'll walk first!
Jimmy Jr needs to spend some time with daddy.
I would think it would be hard to find teamsters members going on the record to speak negatively about current union management: for the simple reason that my employer might not be able to fire me, but Hoffa can. This is why secret ballots and stuff are important.
Aren't those two countries responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans just over 65 years ago?
Actions speak louder than words, Jimmy.
Yep! Me too!
I am on my third Titan and wife just got a Rogue in July!!
I loved my Nissans, but then they got bought by Renault. It broke my heart.
We'll ambush 'em while they're on their lunch hour, getting drunk and stoned.