Skip to comments.Preezy Gun Speech Live Thread
Posted on 01/16/2013 8:56:59 AM PST by Old Sarge
For those of us following The Won's address to his subjects.
The gun used in ct was purchased legally and then illegally stolen.
Make crimes illegal! Wait.....
Elections have consequences.........
“What is the family of the slain ICE officer saying? Who was killed by our fast and furious gun?”
Should be in the audience.
You nailed it !!!
The fundamental aspect of this concept being adopted by this administration is the “who” grants the rights.
Let him sign.
>”Mass shootings allow the 2nd Amendment to destroy the 1st.” Wow! He’s breaking new ground in hatred here.<
Wow. Way to ignore the fact that shooting innocent strangers is against the law and has been for centuries.
You did see Holder.
He was sitting next to Valerie Jarrett.
You know, Obama’s most “trusted adviser”.
More cops = more union members and more dead dogs.
His signature means nothing to me....or many of the folks in Idaho...
From the TEXAS Declaration of Independence from Mexico..
It has demanded us to deliver up our arms, which are essential to our defence, the rightful property of freemen, and formidable only to tyrannical governments.
THE RIGHTFUL PROPERTY OF FREEMEN! Even Texas understood it!
Ask your lib friends if 100,000 kids wrote letters asking for abortion to be banned, would he issue an executive order?
He could save most of 300,000 lives a year if he did
"You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; right derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe."
-- John Adams
Universal background checks includes all private sales. This means if I want to sell my gun to a neighbor, I must go to a government data base to do a background check on my neighbor. I assume that I will have to register the sale as well. This is an infringement on my liberty to sell my property.
and yet no one actually DOES anything.
I’m ready to march but it’s still not enough to get many American’s out of their comfort zones.
I guess when the doors are kicked in and prisons overflowing with us will we get really really angry. I’m afraid it’ll take Nazi-like death camps before Americans wake up. That’s what it took for the world to tackle Hitler. (again speaking out of complete frustration here)
Hey, whaddya mean by that, varmint!?
The Clackamas Mall shooting was stopped by a Concealed Carry Permit holder.
Post of the day!
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations. 13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.