Skip to comments.Preezy Gun Speech Live Thread
Posted on 01/16/2013 8:56:59 AM PST by Old Sarge
For those of us following The Won's address to his subjects.
Signing away OUR freedoms NOW.....
Uh-oh. Now a sob story about a young girl killed by a criminal. Good thing he's gonna disarm criminals with his new rules.
"Let's do the right thing for the children and for the country we love so much."
He has his signing table on stage! He's signing his 23 EOs now on camera!
Americans are effed.
Again central control over city and county governments.
Flag flown at the battle of Gonzales, Texas ~ 1835
Been tried before and didn't turn out so well for the bad guys.
“Universal background checks for ANYONE buying a gun.”
How’s that going to work? I haven’t had access to the background check system because I don’t sell firearms, but when I’ve bought one they didn’t tell the person on the other end of the phone call what kind of firearm I was buying, and I could have decided not to buy after the background check and they would not have known.
So, If I want to date someone or go into business with them or otherwise associate with them, can I use the background check system to find out if they are “Okay”, even if no firearm sale is involved? Will they know?
Can I use the system to run a check on local journalists and publishers?
Yeah, I know they want an SS number but so far they don’t require it.
ALL OF THEM
SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK
Playing on the nations emotions. Saying the Government must protect us.
He sickens me beyond no end.
In 4 weeks we went from an EVENT to this. FOUR SHORT WEEKS.
He sickens my stomach.
Have DrO’s AMEX, will travel to local weapon’s store today.
Good one. I stole it for my facebook page. Probably will make people mad but I think it is true.
I don’t own any guns. I’m joining the NRA today too and possibly GOA ... time to put an end to imperial rule..
I've got a sure fire (no pun) recommendation that congress an take immediately;
Impeach the flop eared Mussolini behind the podium.
Trouble is, that is a false quote.
“Now the chief organizer is jabbering about how the right to assemble was denied to those in the Clackamas mall.”
So now a part of the first amendment trumps the second.
he’s building a web of twisted pieces to justify squashing the second amendment.
MSM IS THE ENEMY
“Blah blah blah 10 round magazine blah blah blah”
More people are killed in the first ten rounds than in bottom 10 rounds.
The muzzies will win, the west is soft, weak and stupid.
That is all.
Thank you for the thread.
The gun used in ct was purchased legally and then illegally stolen.
Make crimes illegal! Wait.....
Elections have consequences.........
“What is the family of the slain ICE officer saying? Who was killed by our fast and furious gun?”
Should be in the audience.
You nailed it !!!
The fundamental aspect of this concept being adopted by this administration is the “who” grants the rights.
Let him sign.
>”Mass shootings allow the 2nd Amendment to destroy the 1st.” Wow! He’s breaking new ground in hatred here.<
Wow. Way to ignore the fact that shooting innocent strangers is against the law and has been for centuries.
You did see Holder.
He was sitting next to Valerie Jarrett.
You know, Obama’s most “trusted adviser”.
More cops = more union members and more dead dogs.
His signature means nothing to me....or many of the folks in Idaho...
From the TEXAS Declaration of Independence from Mexico..
It has demanded us to deliver up our arms, which are essential to our defence, the rightful property of freemen, and formidable only to tyrannical governments.
THE RIGHTFUL PROPERTY OF FREEMEN! Even Texas understood it!
Ask your lib friends if 100,000 kids wrote letters asking for abortion to be banned, would he issue an executive order?
He could save most of 300,000 lives a year if he did
"You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; right derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe."
-- John Adams
Universal background checks includes all private sales. This means if I want to sell my gun to a neighbor, I must go to a government data base to do a background check on my neighbor. I assume that I will have to register the sale as well. This is an infringement on my liberty to sell my property.
and yet no one actually DOES anything.
I’m ready to march but it’s still not enough to get many American’s out of their comfort zones.
I guess when the doors are kicked in and prisons overflowing with us will we get really really angry. I’m afraid it’ll take Nazi-like death camps before Americans wake up. That’s what it took for the world to tackle Hitler. (again speaking out of complete frustration here)
Hey, whaddya mean by that, varmint!?
The Clackamas Mall shooting was stopped by a Concealed Carry Permit holder.
Post of the day!
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations. 13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
It didn’t end so well for those trying to take the cannon the OLD 18 let them know that too.
The parents, “have expressed grace” ...
They are Christians, you bozo, and their grace is in spite of their loss and bozo’s emotional prostitution of them.
Locks are only meant to keep the honest people out.
Ditto. Meaningless to me here in the deep South.
Lips are moving???
What about the other pair of lips we cannot see?
You raise good points.
Also, what conditions will preclude gun ownership? Having gone to therapy? Frequently people try to get mental health services covered by their insurance. If someone seeks therapy to deal with post traumatic stress, or a move to a new location, trouble with their boss at work, help with difficult kids, marriage, etc, they get a diagnosis for the insurance co. It’s called adjustment disorder.
Will everyone using mental health services be banned from gun ownership?
What about IQ? Will people of lower IQ be banned from second amendment rights?
When someone gets a progressive disease like Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s, at what stage of the disease will the jack booted thugs come to his door?
“Life, Liberty and Property”
Unilaterally repealed by the Dictator.
Yea, where is he?
Obama and Holders actions killed that agent.
Where are the families of the 4 murdered in Benghazi while Obama and his band of traitors watched, and then Obama goes to Vegas.
lodi90. Amen to Dirt bag POS!
Rusty0604, yea good luck!
Those are HIS Criminals...leave them alone!
In the Clackamas Mall shooting in Portland, Ore., a 22 year old man with a Conceal Carry Permit pointed his weapon at the shooter. The man didn’t fire, because there were innocent people walking behind the shooter.
The shooter saw the conceal carry guy pointing the weapon at him. The shooter stopped firing, ran off, and killed himself, thereby saving lives.
Like Wayne LaPierre said, “The way to deal with a bad guy guy who has a gun is for a good guy to have a gun,” or similar words.
I’m sure the gun-grabbing Kenyan mentioned this story in his little Hitler-esque presentation (I don’t really need a “sarc” tag, do I?)