Skip to comments.Preezy Gun Speech Live Thread
Posted on 01/16/2013 8:56:59 AM PST by Old Sarge
For those of us following The Won's address to his subjects.
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Editorial: By the time this is over, Gun Ownership will be a mental health fault for which gun ownership is denied.
I just listened to a FoxNews report that said that Zero’s EO’s Include:
Ban all “assault weapons”
Ban on all Mags over 10 rounds...
I don’t see that in the 23 listed - Is it implied somewhere or is that media B.S.?
I think so.
show pictures of children who would be alive if mommy had a gun.
I had my back to the TV and the sound turned down and figured I would just read the thread. Then out of some kind of masochistic curiosity, I turned to look at the TV and it blew my mind! He was ENJOYING this like some sadist who enjoys putting kitties in microwaves and pulling the wings off butterflies.
G-d forgive me for the hatred I have for this man.
According to the press release, at least FOUR of those EO’s are going to address “mental health oversight”.
That means that they can declare you mentally unstable and deprive you of your 2ndAM rights.
It’s aimed directly at veterans.
Of course, for school officials, that training will not include use of firearms now, will it?
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
Pretty ironic coming from the Administration responsible for Fast and Furious.
The White House provided the following list of executive actions signed by President Obama:
Gun Advocates Celebrate ‘Secret’ Obamacare Provision Forbidding Exec Order To Regulate Guns And Ammo
Soledad O’Brien Insults CNN Guest; ‘Some People Make Your Head Hurt When They Speak’
I joined the NRA over fifty years ago.
Didn't think so... All we will see is anti-gun propaganda.
Thank you very much, my dear friend.
Sorry, meant to copy you, the OP, on #231...
As I tried to explain in this earlier post:
You might ask yourself why they pop so many of our soldiers full of drugs every damn day. You might ask yourself how many children have needlessly been put on Ritalin or other drugs against their parents will. You might ask yourself how many kids are forced into psychological counseling for simply being kids.
Soldiers commit violent acts in war. You might ask yourself how long it will take to consider these violent acts too risky to allow these ex soldiers to own firearms.
Then you might ask yourself if any of these executive orders are followed through, how many out of ALL of them will be allowed to own firearms.
The answer, my friend, is blowin in the wind.
28 posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:04:00 AM by MestaMachine
God forgive me, I hate him too. DrO was swearing at the TV, so he left the room when the Mass started on EWTN. You’re right that he enjoyed himself immensely. This was pure joy for him. He loved every minute. He deserved an Oscar for his performance: making all the sad faces and then the 5’s with the children at the end. Sick-ken-ning.
I turned on Rush, only to hear the bast*rd dictate. As he was talking about the murdered children and the new gun laws, my thought was...
In a few years we’ll hear about how many children were killed in schools because of the laws the bast*rd passed.
Oh, and do we have any proof there is a child’s painting in his private office?
Besides we have
Yes, I hate them with total hatred, for your enemies are my enemies.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.