Skip to comments.List Of Obama's 23 Executive Actions
Posted on 01/16/2013 9:33:47 AM PST by Jeff Chandler
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
This stuff is right up there with Trump’s “really big news”.
Tylenol is rough on the liver. The "PM" ingredient in Tylenol PM is Diphenhydramine HCl, the active ingredient in Sominex and Benadryl. Unless you have a headache, you might want to pick up some Diphenhydramine HCl allergy tablets and use that by itself. Just sayin'.
FYI: in Arizona, if you are caught driving with any drowsiness-inducing substance such as Benadryl or Tylenol PM in you system you will be imprisoned for no less than a MANDATORY 18 months.
“Doctors ALREADY sometimes ask if there are guns in the home.”
Yeah. When we saw our new PCP for the first time after we moved to TN, that question was on the initial questionnaire paperwork.
He's basically stomping all over tons of privacy rights issues, using gun control as an excuse.
Fondling everybody's sack, for the children.
before my doc appt: move guns to garage.
When asked verbally reply “No” (mentally continue “they are in the garage”)
Yeah, but who defines what is mentally ill? Soon all people with conservative belief could be labeled mentally ill.
This is no victory. It is further encroachment on your rights. The insidious nature of these edicts from the usurper-in-chief is the problem: doctors, insurance people, et al, have no business knowing what private property we own. It is setting us up in the old Soviet style: they had dissenters committed to mental institutions.
I believe Barack Obama has mental issues which include having narcissistic, maniacal tendencies(a condition known as (NPD)or Narcissistic Personality Disorder)which past studies have shown is a condition predominately found in those categorized as possessing "criminal minds".
Therefore(in the name of public safety)immediate action should be taken to remove Barack Obama from the Office of the Presidency, a position which holds great responsibility for the welfare of others, and as such, one which cannot be left in the hands of someone potentially mentally deranged.
Obviously these new rules, when applied to Joe Biden, would require Mr. Biden to be institutionalized.
There definitely will be a self pay/cash market for doctors (especially psychiatrists) that refuse to use electronic records and refuse to ask patients about gun ownership.
I feel great anguish to be making such a suggestion in my “free” country!
Nothing about going after criminals who already have these weapons
I don’t think he has the political support this time to accomplish any more than his zekutive order. He shot his wad on obamacare. Obamacare is the only leverage he has, that is why he chose doctors.
We’ll have to see but it will be a long...long road.
Thanks. I’d never seen that before.
Doctor, you may ask, but if I respond to your irrelevant question, I will bill you for my response and the time it takes to make it. It is standard in my profession to bill at a per day rate, (any day or any part of a day from midnight to the following midnight equals one day) and you won't like my rates.
So if someone comes up with some new term and defines it as a psychological malady, the most sane people here could be regarded as nutcases.
Where it used to be, "In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.", now they just want to call you insane and put your eye out.
Go ahead, but most responsible gun owners don't want to make it harder to use their firearms. i will not pay extra for a less effective weapon.
I won't either. The tech so far has the drawbacks of being unreliable.
Will fingerprint readers work if you are bleeding on the sensor?
What if you can't get the ring off (another 'smart' gun system), will the sensor work, and what if you are incapacitated, will your spouse be able to pick that firearm up and use it to defend you?
What if it is dropped or damaged?
Do you carry a backup? If you have more than one, you'd better have the right doohickey to activate it or you have an expensive brick.
Can the bad guys count the rings on your fingers and know how many guns you have so they can just shoot you and take them all, with the activators?
As soon as this sort of stuff becomes available, you can bet there will be a cottage industry rendering it ineffective.
How about just not enabling AlQaida with the arsenals of destabilized dictatorships, not funding the Muslim Brotherhood, or arming Mexican Drug Cartels? Maybe that would work.
Why the fudge would the CDC research guns, anyway? Are mass murderers often infected with a triggerfinger virus? Or is the CDC like NASA morphing into Globa...err, “Climate Change” Central, and every other agency that follows the flavor of the day, or just does whatever the hell it wants?
“challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies”
I’m constantly confused by proposals such as these. Do they think there’s not already enough incentive to innovate? As if becoming rich beyond your dreams, rich as Obamas, isn’t enough, but Fedzilla nudging you and saying, “Hey, buddy, develop technology, eh” will do.
Or is this coded language for some sort of wealth redistribution? ‘Cause almost always it ends up being that.
This regime are masters at skirting prohibitions, finding loopholes and getting their way. We used to think Clinton was skilled at parsing and legalisms, he was just a piker!
...healthcare is backhandedly rationed. The more the people become fearful of going to the doctor, the "better". Obama has a thing for generating fear. Like any bully, he relies on this tactic to give himself the sense of power and control that his insecure, destructive, sociopathic psyche craves.