Skip to comments.Obama's 23 Executive Gun Control Actions (Here's the list for the high information voter)
Posted on 01/16/2013 10:46:25 AM PST by SeekAndFind
The following is a list, provided by the White House, of executive actions President Obama plans to take to address gun violence.
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
What a crock.This bunch of fluff has more holes in than a Swiss Cheese. Why not spend their time on fixing the Budget instead of this miss mash thought up by some Back Office flunky...
Hahahaha! 0bama couldn’t grab guns, so he had to go tell! “Whazzup, DocFix? I made a booboo. Fix it, GlockDoc.” Talk about the war on women! Today was 0’s war on everyone. For the born-alive children, women and men.
Phuk U BO.
Well just wait. "Dangerous" is a fairly broad and non-defined description. I wonder what the actual categories are....
Excellent post. And don’t forget how important the medical authorities were in Nazi Germany as well.
>>What a crock.This bunch of fluff has more holes in than a Swiss Cheese.<<
The 23 dictates from caesar that will stand stronger than the immediate, illegal and unfought Contempt of Congress of Holder squashing?
Or the fact that the conservatives who stayed home are responsible for obozo hitler caligula II?
Heh. We’re hoping to move to Texas. Love your post.
Because, of course, the media will make him out to be a hero for “doing something”.
Hint: This wasn’t done quickly. It’s been sitting on someones computer while they anxiously waited for their wet dream of a senseless massacre so they could trot this out in the name of “the children”, i.e. gun control.
It’s been worked on for a long time, IMHO.
I will bet you that he will try to have someone in the House or Senate get a bill put on the debt limit vote which has a gun control bill. Obama will make it about the debt limit ceiling crises. To make this work he and Harry Reid will do what they can to let the debt ceiling for the government be hit so they can cry cuts are now coming, stir the hornets nest and the immediate need to address, put the bill in front of the house at midnight 3 minutes before they need to vote, just like they did earlier this month.
The only thing the Gov can do at this point is punish law abiding citizens.
Really, somebody must pay for all the crime. May as well be YOU, the Taxpayers..
Obama’s style is to leave the heavy lifting to others. He knows Feinstein, Schumer, et al, will push for semi-auto bans, import restrictions, etc. — so he doesn’t have to. He knows they are unlikely to pass, and doesn’t want to appear to lose. In the meanwhile, he’ll position conservatives as soft on baby-killing.
A few things on the list might be unobjectionable, but most are ineffective bureaucratic waste as usual — study this, coordinate data that, push paper there. How much “training” do school officials need to refer a dangerous lunatic for “counseling”? What exactly has been preventing Obama from nominating an ATF director? Can’t find anyone corrupt enough? But other articles say he is proposing 15,000 more unionized police in, who’d a thunk it, urban areas that voted Obama, at a cost of $266,000 per job. It’s for the children...
The NRA has a new member.
I learned to keep my personal life’s activities (vacations, family matters, job stuff, etc.) to myself when my dentist started asking follow up questions to conversations that I had at visits six months earlier. They certainly aren’t memorizing that stuff, they’re writing it into their files and then recapping just before I sit down. All that info will be accessible by the government.
Yeh, that was my thought. “OH NOES GUN BAN” echoing through my mind was replaced with “BIG FRICKIN’ DEAL”.
Barack Obama said he would ... counter Republican attacks If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.
Same here, just now.
Hubby is a life member, but I never had joined. That's all changed now.
Unfortunately, Beck has forgotten that this tactic does not work against pagans.
Everywhere Christians opposed Islam "peacefully" is now islamic.
As Dinesh D'Sousa's teacher related to him "If India had opposed Nazi Germany, Ghandi would be a lampshade."
“Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.”
And this has what G-d asks to do with the “gun violence” issue???