That is very Texas centric. They have to cross the Tijuana River to get into the US in San Diego. They have to cross the Colorado in parts of Arizona, I believe. They are all mojados. It’s not pejorative except in the manner in which it is used; it simply describes how they got here.
“Wetback” is a term that some Federal official got criticized this week for using, sooooooo if it upsets the Federal PC Word Police, then it must be used as often as possible!
Since 1200 miles of the 2000 miles of US/Mexican Border belong to TEXAS, that means that 60 % trumps the remaining 40 % for naming rights of the illegal scum that spills over from Mexico.
In the interest of reviving the use of the term “Wetback”, I suppose that there is room for a “Grand Bargain” if it is done in a “balanced way.”
Mat 5, 2013 Street Poster Idea:
“AMNESTY for Illegal Aliens, NO!
HOSTILITY to Illegal Aliens, YE$$$$$$!”