Skip to comments.
Bill Maher On Syria: "We're Basically Arming Al Qaeda"
Real Clear Politics ^
| June 15, 2013
Posted on 06/16/2013 5:18:24 AM PDT by NotYourAverageDhimmi
ALTER: The Bill Clinton part is like a talk radio talking point. It's not what actually happened. What actually happened is that the government, Assad's government, made military advances. They're about to take Aleppo, a key strategic city, and that would be the end of the rebels.
MAHER: You mean al Qaeda? Because we're basically arming al Qaeda. I don't understand this --
ALTER: There's a peace conference. If they don't go into that peace conference with at least some victories on the rebel side, the rebels won't show up. So the president is trying to bolster them enough so they can get to the peace conference.
MAHER: It's like picking sides in Game of Thrones.
ALTER: His policy is to get rid of Assad, that's American policy.
MAHER: But haven't we learned -- isn't the lesson we learn in the Middle East wars, the easy part is getting rid of the bad guy, it's what happens next? (HBO's Real Time, June 14, 2013)
(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...
TOPICS: Israel; News/Current Events; Russia; War on Terror
KEYWORDS: billmaher; caliphate; fundingterrorists; israel; lebanon; obamadonor; partisanmediashill; partisanmediashills; randsconcerntrolls; russia; syria; turkey; waronterror
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-20, 21-38 next last
The US government gives moral support for the Egyptian rebels against Mubarak, Egypt becomes run by Islamists.
The US government gives military support for the Libyan rebels against Qadafi, Islamists now run amuck in Libya.
The US government will now give military support for the Syrian rebels against Assad, and...
The US needs to just stay out of these internal affairs in other nations.
Uh-oh. Bill Maher’s a racist.
WOW..even Bill Maher is understanding what is really going on here
Tunisia, don’t forget Tunisia.
posted on 06/16/2013 5:23:35 AM PDT
You don’t know how uncomfortable this makes me when I find Bill Maher making sense.
Where’s my Zantac?
posted on 06/16/2013 5:31:55 AM PDT
(Howdy to all you government agents spying on me.)
To: Future Snake Eater
Uh-oh. Bill Mahers a racist.
He doesn’t want a black man in the White House, plain and simple.
posted on 06/16/2013 5:33:37 AM PDT
by Hotlanta Mike
("Governing a great nation is like cooking a small fish - too much handling will spoil it." Lao Tzu)
You don’t know how it cracks me up to find Bill Maher obliged to agree with Sarah Palin on anything.
He must need Zantac, too.
Bill Maher = broken clock.
posted on 06/16/2013 5:38:16 AM PDT
(Mubarak and Gaddafi are going to look like choirboys when this is over)
We picked USSR as an ally in WWII. We’ve done this before, it never works out. When 2 rabid dogs are tearing each other up. You either kill both or just watch....
posted on 06/16/2013 5:38:31 AM PDT
(I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a damn.)
<....” When 2 rabid dogs are tearing each other up. You either kill both or just watch....>
Unless of course both their teeth are latched on a WMD...and it’s already oozing.
posted on 06/16/2013 5:42:46 AM PDT
Bean brain gets his moment of intelligence.
" Wheres my Zantac? "
I thought about that for a moment then it hit me, they are having the " OMG .. what have we done " moment of possible regret.
To: American Constitutionalist
That would explain my lights dimming last night.
posted on 06/16/2013 6:16:28 AM PDT
(The only difference between flash mob 'urban yutes' and U.S. politicians is the hoodies.)
I had the same thought when I read it. It just took him a while to grasp the obvious. I doubt it will last.
posted on 06/16/2013 6:31:35 AM PDT
Obama picked the thug side in the Honduras issue too. Whatever side he picks, you can count on it being against US interests, and against the interests of self-government for the people he’s pushing around by proxy.
posted on 06/16/2013 6:34:04 AM PDT
We really should have stayed out of WWII. Only intervening where our national concerns were.
I agree with you on that.
posted on 06/16/2013 6:39:47 AM PDT
(What Islam and secularism have in common is that they are both death cults)
The primary reason to study history is to be able to predict the future.
posted on 06/16/2013 6:40:17 AM PDT
(It feels like the seventies, and it shouldn't.)
Thanks for your concern, leftist jackass. Yakhont and S-300 keywords newest to oldest:
- Tanks in Beirut as Syria protest leaves one dead
- 'US close to OK on arming Syrian rebels'
- Report: S-300 Missiles Now on Their Way to Syria
- Israeli officials: Al-Qaida preferable over Assad
- Putin: No S-300 in Syria Yet
- Moscow threatens to speed missiles to Syria but also offers to delay
- Russia has not transfered S-300 missiles to Syria, reports say
- US: Syria Does Not Have Advanced Missiles Yet
- Syria: Obama talks no fly zones, Putin sends missiles
- Russia delivers air-defense missiles to Syria as opposition rejects Geneva conference
- Assad: S-300 Missiles Already Here
- Israel Strongly Warns Russia Against Giving Syria Missiles
- Israel threatens to strike Russia's shipments of missiles to Syria
- Russia to ship missiles to Syria after EU ends arms embargo on rebels
- Diplomat: Russia to arm Syria regime with anti-aircraft missiles to prevent foreign intervention
- Russia canceled S-300 deal with Assad, report says
- Israel pushed to spell out gas export plan
- Dangerous Price Manipulation Rocks Energy Markets (Natural Gas)
- Report: Russia sends Assad 'ship killing missile'
- Report: Russia Sends Warships To Syrian Coast
- Russia Sends More Advanced Missiles to Aid Assad in Syria
- CIA chief pays surprise visit to Israel (John Brennan)
- 5 Questions on Russian S-300 Missile System Sales to Syria
- Iran Reports 'Progress' on Indigenous S-300 Missile
- Russia gave Israel Iranian system's codes
- Syria deploys "Bastion" missile system along coastline
- Iran: We've Produced Domestic Version Of S-300 Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Supersonic Cruise Missile in Development (South Korea)
- "Barak 8" versus "Yakhont" (Israeli vs Russian missile)
- Indonesian Navy successfully tests Russian anti-ship missile
- Russia confirms plans to supply Syria with Yakhont missiles
- Russia confirms plans to supply Syria with Yakhont missiles (Update 1)
- Keeping S-300 Alive
- Iran Claims it's Got its Own S-300, Really Guys?
- Iran Successfully Tests Own S-300 Missile Defense System
- Iran holds war games, set to launch S300s
- Iran to test own S-300 missiles despite Russia
- Israel warns Russia that Iran may get S-300 via Venezuela
- S-300 Marches Into The Future
- Russia may sell S-300 missiles to Venezuela, instead of Iran
- Russia to Refund Iran for Canceled Missile Deal [Medvedev's one-day Cyprus visit]
- Iran to Get Money Back (for S-300)
- How serious is the P800 Yakhont threat?
- Russia to Deliver 800 Supersonic Anti Ship Cruise Missiles to Syria
- Russia to honor deal to sell P-800 anti-ship missiles to Syria
- Moscow: Sale to Syria of advanced cruise missile will not change military balance in region
- Keeping Yakhont Out Of Iran
- Iran Official: We Have Obtained The S-300 Missile System
- Iran claims to have S-300 surface-to-air missiles
- Israel 'close to deal on F-35'
- Contract on S-300 deliveries to Iran not canceled
- Senior MP: Iran Mulling over Rival Defense Systems for S-300
- Iran's Intelligence Ministry Urges Moving Away From Russia
- Fire breaks out at Russian missile maker
- With lifting of U.S. ban, Russia plans delivery of S-300s
- Russia to offer Turkey advanced surface-to-air missiles
- Russia moves to scrap Iran missile sale
- Russian-Iranian S-300 missile deal not against UN resolution ó U.S.
- What new UN Iran sanctions allow: Air defense systems
- Sanctions won't hit Russia's missile sales to Iran: senior politicians
- IDF Attacks 3 Gaza Tunnels
- Something Odd Is Happening Outside Moscow
- Former air force chief: Russia's air defenses weak
- 'AL-HAYAT': RUSSIA SUPPLIED SYRIA WITH S-300 MISSILES
- S-300s Crowd The Coast
- TERRORISM and COUNTERTERRORISM: News, INFORMATION & Analysis #2
- Iran upset over Russia's S-300 delivery delay
- Low Cost, Slightly Legal, Missile Protection
- Russia plans complete military-space defence capabilities by 2015
- Russia ships China 15 S-300 missile systems--report
- China buys air defense systems from Russia
- Iran believed developing S-300 variant aided by Russian contractors
- Riyadh mulls big Russian missile buy
- Air Force strikes in Gaza; 2 injured
- No need to worry over China missile deployment: MND
- Russia will honour Iran missile deal: minister
- Russia delays delivery of S-300 advanced air defence missiles to Iran
- Russian official says missile delivery to Iran delayed
- No reason to stall Iran missiles deal, Moscow says
- Despite Netanyahu pressure, Russia defends Iran missile deal
- Russia to honour Iran missile deal
- Iran And The Chinese Gambit
- Russia sells Libya top-line S-300 denied to Tehran
- Russia has assured Iran on missile delivery: diplomat
- Russia 'will' deliver S-300 to Iran in 2 months
- Israeli pilots prep to fight Iran's SAMs
- Iran threatens Russia with legal action(over failure to deliver S-300 SAM)
- Iran's key sites exposed without S-300s
- Iran warns it may produce S-300 system
- Iran calls on Russia to fulfill missile sales deal
- IRAN AND THE S-300 ISSUE
- Russia may go ahead with Iran missile deal
- Iran 'has not paid Russia' in 'frozen' missile deal=S-300
- Abject Surrender in the Dead of Night
- Abject Surrender In Dead Of Night
- A Mysterious "Hijacking"
- Hijacking, S-300, and Another "Mystery" Ship
- Russia may nix S-300 sale to Iran
- Russian Yakhont Missile to deploy on Syria's Coastline?
- Shooting Down The Raptor
- Saving The (F-22) Raptor
- Russia says not selling missile system to Iran: report
- Iran says S-300 missile deal with Russia on track
- Shooting Down Missile Defense
- Russia has not delivered S-300 missile systems to Iran - source
- 'Russia freezes sale of S-300 to Iran'
- Russia Freezes Sale Of S-300 To Iran
- Kremlin must decide on sales of S-300 to Iran - Rosoboronexport
- Gilad to Russia: Don't sell Iran arms
- Russia: No S-300 Defense System for Iran
- U.S. Report Says Iran Purchases S-300
- Threat Matrix: September 2008
- Russia threatens to supply Iran with top new missile system as 'cold war' escalates
- 'We'll Neutralize S-300 if they're Sold to Iran'
- Advanced S-300 on way to Iran
- Greece Helped Israel Study Iranian Air Defense System
- Israel worries Iran may give Russian anti-ship missile to Syria, Hizbullah
- SYRIA MULLS S-300PMU2 SYSTEM
- Russia has sent four S-300 anti-aircraft systems to Belarus
- Veniamin Yefremov: Russian weapons designer who outwitted the Pentagon
- Russia Develops New Support Vehicle for S-300, Plans to Export
- Polish Analyst: Russia May Send S-300 Missiles to Iran via Belarus
- Russian missiles on Polish border
- Russia denies reports about transfer of S-300 missiles to Iran-(hubba hubba)
posted on 06/16/2013 6:42:36 AM PDT
(McCain or Romney would have been worse, if you're a dumb ass.)
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-20, 21-38 next last
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson