Ann Coulter at her best.
The sad thing is, that O’Reilly thinks he is very intelligent.
IIRC, a Kennedy Justice Dept was wiretapping MLK Jr. as well.
Joe McCarthy was picked as the Godfather of Bobby’s daughter, Kathleen Kennedy Townsend. I know that Bobby sought a job from Joe, but I thought that he didn’t get it. I’ll have to re-read “Blacklisted by History” for the answer, according to the author at least.
In answer to Ann’s first question - no, people do NOT read any more. And many of them are unable to construct a cogent thought on paper, either, as reasoned logic and true rhetoric have been almost abandoned, both as a scholarly pursuit and in its daily application.
But they can be whizzes at name-calling and ridicule, should the occasion arise. That is why a “discussion on race” degenerates into who has the more powerful bullhorn.
No guilt ridden liberal has ever done any good for the minority community. Government dependency programs have destroyed the African American family. Bobby Kennedy was a dangerous and ambitious narcissist. The Black community were simply used by the Left. Just what in his public or private record is O’Reilly citing? IMHO his ode to Kennedy was simply done to appear “fair and balanced” by saying something nice about a Democrat.
But the Kennedys were paragons of honesty compared to LBJ. As a Congressman LBJ opposed Federal laws to end lynching and other violence in the South. As leader of the Senate LBJ worked to sabotage voting rights laws and civil rights laws proposed by the Eisenhower Administration. LBJ supported the KKK and Democrat segregationists throughout his career.
LBJ then presented himself as a champion of civil rights in the 1960’s.After having ignored and sabotaged responsible black leaders throughout his career LBJ allied himself with the leftist black radicals in the 1960’s. The result was violence, race riots and racial animosity that continues until this day.
Say it isn't so!!
Good piece by Ann.
When I used to watch BOR I loved to see him use the word bloviating because it describes him perfectly.
He’s first rate at bloviating and blowing, he blows anyone off that makes a correct statement he doesn’t like.
The Leprechaun is trying to show how “fair and balanced” he is.
This is excellent.
Just Bill O’Reilly’s opinion. He was wrong, but O’Reilly and Coulter were both trying not to give LBJ credit.
O'Reilly has never gotten over his Irish Catholic Democrat upbringing in Levittown. He even said in Killing Kennedy that families like his all had a portrait of Kennedy in their homes and regarded him as a near-saint. He went on in the book to excuse all of the reckless, smartass Kennedy's terribly bad judgment in Bay of Pigs, extramarital affairs covered up by the press, pissing off scores of pressure groups who would want to have him killed, etc., and even as a ghost-written biographer who calls himself an historian, O'Reilly could never let go of worshipping Kennedy. A very disappointing book for me, after having very much enjoyed Killing Lincoln.
The point is that the left, intentionally, does not want this to end well.
Does it end worse for the 13% or for the other 87% if this conversation is not approached with civility? That is the conversation that we should be having.
Nixon integrated more southern schools than JFK and Johnson combined - while RFK was Attorney General for both......
At best, O'Reilly skims the facts of subjects that intererest him. He's the sort of "reader" for whom Reader's Digest Condensed Books were invented.
Not a big Coulter fan, but this was good