Skip to comments.Obama on impeachment: ‘For what?’
Posted on 07/10/2014 12:19:24 PM PDT by Cincinatus' Wife
President Obama on Thursday claimed he is not that partisan of a guy as he mocked calls in the Republican Party for his impeachment.
The president spent much of his address in Austin, Texas, hammering congressional Republicans, saying they have "blocked or voted down every serious idea to strengthen the middle class."
Im just telling the truth now," Obama said. "I don't have to run for office again so I can just let her rip.
He teed off on Republicans such as Sarah Palin who have suggested in recent days that he be impeached, and dismissed Speaker John Boehner's (R-Ohio) proposed lawsuit over his executive actions.
"'Sue him! Impeach him!' Really? For what? You're going to sue me for doing my job?" Obama said. "I mean think about that you're going to use taxpayer money to sue me for doing my job, while you don't do your job? Huh."
The president said that the "best thing you can say" about Republicans this year is that they haven't forced a shutdown of the federal government.
"Of course it's only July, so who knows what they may cook up in the next couple of months," he added.
At the beginning of his remarks, Obama spoke fondly about visiting the Texas capital during the 2008 campaign, and appeared to be channeling that energy throughout the event.
And yet the president also tried to argue that the torrent of criticism aimed at congressional Republicans wasn't "a partisan statement" but rather "a statement of fact."
"I'm not that partisan of a guy," Obama said. "My favorite president is a Republican president."
Obama heralded the accomplishments of Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Dwight Eisenhower, saying the nation had "great" Republican leaders.
"Richard Nixon started the EPA!" Obama said.
He suggested Republicans had cynically chosen to abandon positions they believed in simply because he had embraced them.
"At least agree with me for the things you used to say you were for, before I was for them," Obama said, adding that "Ronald Reagan passed immigration, and you loved Ronald Reagan."
"It's lonely just me doing stuff," Obama said. "I'd love if the Republicans did stuff too."
Michael Steel, a spokesman for Boehner, hit back at the president on Twitter.
"House Republicans feel the same way," Steel said. "If only there were a prominent Democratic politician who could help end Senate gridlock."
"Could POTUS talk to Senate Democrats about these 40 House-passed jobs bills? Thanks!" Steel said in another message, directed at White House press secretary Josh Earnest.
The speech in Austin capped off a three-day trip through Colorado and Texas that saw Obama attend four fundraisers benefitting Democratic candidates and a series of events designed to show him outside the traditional confines of his office.
Earlier Thursday, Obama visited an Austin institution, the Magnolia Cafe, to grab a cup of tea. He promised that after his speech, he'd hunt down some barbecue.
Obama even took the unprecedented step of telling immigration protesters during his speech that he'd meet with them later if they allowed him to proceed.
"Sit down guys, Im almost done. I promise Ill talk to you about it later," Obama said while waving off Secret Service agents.
More and more like Chavez every day.
CLICK on image for full article:
"..........1. "Common to malignant narcissism is narcissistic rage. Narcissistic rage is a reaction to narcissistic injury (when the narcissist feels degraded by another person, typically in the form of criticism)."
2. "When the narcissist's grandiose sense of self-worth is perceived as being attacked by another person, the narcissist's natural reaction is to rage and pull down the self-worth of others (to make the narcissist feel superior to others). It is an attempt by the narcissist to soothe their internal pain and hostility, while at the same time rebuilding their self worth."
3. "Narcissistic rage also occurs when the narcissist perceives that he/she is being prevented from accomplishing their grandiose fantasies."
4. "Because the narcissist derives pleasure from the fulfillment of their grandiose dreams (akin to an addiction), anyone standing between the narcissist and their (wish) fulfillment ... may be subject to narcissistic rage. Narcissistic rage will frequently include yelling and berating of the person that has slighted the narcissist, but if strong enough could provoke more hostile feelings."
5. "Individuals with malignant narcissism will display a two faced personality. Creation of a 'false self' is linked to the narcissist's fear of being inadequate or inferior to others and this mask becomes ingrained into their personality so as to project a sense of superiority to others at all times."
6. "The narcissist gains a sense of esteem from the feedback of other people as it is common for the malignant narcissist to suffer from extremely low levels of self-esteem."
7. "The ... false self of the malignant narcissist is created because the real self doesn't meet his or her own expectations. Instead, the narcissist tends to mimic emotional displays of other people and creates a grandiose self to harbor their internalized fantasies of greatness."
8. "The [false self] is used by the narcissist to present to the outside world what appears to be a normal, functioning human being and to help maintain his or her own fantasies of an idealized self. The narcissist constantly builds upon this false self, creating a fictional character that is used to show off to the world and to help them feed off the emotions of other people."................
If violating the war powers act is not an impeachable offence than what exactly is the purpose of the war powers act and what does it accomplish?
My 3 year old granddaughter has more maturity than that. What an imbecile.
“Obummer is scared shirtless coz he knows he will be arrested for treason soon”.
What are you taking to sleep? I could use some.
Meanwhile the media thinks they are safe ... and they can’t turn on the traitor because then the media will be shown as traitors too. Too bad ... the media is on the front line and do not know it ...
He’s not running for re-election and can let it rip/
Yep another day of him showing no class or being Presidential.
He can’t really believe that ,can he?
Take it from there.
Those who believe in the rule of law over the rule of man must use the rule of law to stop the rule of man by impeaching the "One" who rules disregarding the Constitution.
Impeach him for what? Let me count the ways:
Dereliction of duty by inviting millions of illegal aliens into our country
IRS targeting of conservative groups
NSA spying on Americans
Fast and Furious
And those are just starters.
Maybe it will be the voters of 2014?!?
I thought this was satire at first.
I’m surprised he didn’t say ¿Por qué?
I blame the Senate for not convicting Clinton when he was impeached. More than anything else, it provided a template for being lawless and getting away with it. If they had removed Clinton (deservedly), subsequent presidents would have been more circumspect.
He’s cares about the middle class?
The one he seeks to level?
and fill it back up with illegals voting for more tyranny in the guise of freedom.
but remember, the media always tells us the democrats mean well even if everything they do fails America. We must never forget ... according to the media.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”