Skip to comments.People Jailed for Owing Less Taxes Than Al Sharpton
Posted on 02/05/2015 10:37:17 PM PST by Olog-hai
Serial tax avoidance appears to be a hallmark of Al Sharptons operations. But theres a warning here: Others have gone to prison for lesser amounts. The list includes rock legend Chuck Berry, Grammy winner Lauryn Hill, Ron Isley of the Isley Brothers, Survivor reality star Richard Hatch, hotel queen Leona Helmsely, and baseballs Pete Rose.
According to a New York Times review of government records last fall, the MSNBC host and civil rights activist personally faces federal tax liens for more than $3 million in back taxes owed, and state tax liens of $777,657. So in total, Sharpton reportedly owes more than $3.7 million in back taxes. His other two for-profit businesses, Raw Talent and Revals Communications, (both now defunct) owe anywhere from $717,000 to more than $800,000, based on state and federal tax liens, reports from the Times and National Review indicate. Revals Communications also either didnt file its tax returns, or underpaid its tax bills from 1999 to 2002.
(Excerpt) Read more at foxbusiness.com ...
It’s not what you owe
It’s who you know
Bet they wish they had a BFF in the White House, huh?
Yes. But they aren’t palsies of The One, are they?
He liked to be paid in cash.
The IRS is all over that kind of shady dealings.
At least Rose provided a useful service and a valued product.
Al Sharpton has lived his entire public life shaking people down for "donations".
This guy has provided NOTHING of value, ever.
He's just a sponge and a mooch.
Why he's a highly paid TV star is beyond me.
Who actually watches this guy's show?
Exactly. He dances and they call the tune.
terrible title... dangling modifier?
When we are done with Al, he's not gonna know what hit him.
All Capone in 1931 $100K income not reported, versus Sharp ton $3M owed?????? Geez, even with inflation......
Some animals are more equal than others.
You are right as far as the BLS inflation calculator is concerned; $100K in 1931 dollars works out to $1,557,473.68 in today’s dollars, and Sharpton’s bill is about double.
And if you count the deaths (mafia vs. riot incitement), the body counts probably aren’t too far off either.
With Obama as president, Capone would have been tap-dancing in Ferguson Missouri rather than serving time in Sing Sing. Or Sandford Florida. Or where ever the regime needed muscle.
Exactly. He dances and they call the tune.
Maybe that's why Sharpton is working for Obama -- Obama has a solid grip on him and is using him as his street agitator, just the way Julius Caesar used Marc Antony back in the day.
Al Sharpton has more power than most third world dictators, he can burn down cities with a single word.
Wesley Snipes should be LIVID at this NEWS!!!
About 40 years ago, I owed the I.R.S. about $4,000. That was $4,000 I didn’t have at the time. They never let up on me until every penny, plus outrageous interest was paid. This bastard Sharpton walks free owing millions. I guess I just had the wrong skin shade.
I.R.S. Internal Revenue of Socialists it’s how they roll over us, our children, our grandchildren. GESTAPO tactics against some. Others, like $harpton are immune. Backstopping FED RES for 100+ years.
9. The management of a great funded debt and a extensive system of taxes will afford a plea, not to be neglected, for establishment of a great incorporated bank. the use of such a machine is well understood. If the Constitution, according to its fair meaning, should not authorize it, so much the better. Push it through by a forced meaning and you will get in the bargain an admirable precedent for future misconstructions.
6. But the grand nostrum will be a public debt
7. It must not be forgotten that the members of the legislative body are to have a deep stake in the game. This is an essential point, and happily is attended with no difficulty. A sufficient number, properly disposed, can alternately legislate and speculate, and speculate and legislate, and buy and sell, and sell and buy, until a due portion of the property of their constituents has passed into their hands to give them an interest against their constituents, and to ensure the part they are to act.
8. The ways in which a great debt, so constituted and applied, will contribute to the ultimate end in view are both numerous and obvious. (1) The favorite few, thus possessed of it, whether within or without the government, will feel the staunchest fealty to it, and will go through thick and thin to support it in all its oppressions and usurpations. (2) Their money will give them consequence and influence, even among those who have been tricked out of it. (3) They will be the readiest materials that can be found for a hereditary aristocratic order, whenever matters are ripe for one. (4) A great debt will require great taxes; great taxes, many taxgatherers and other officers; and all officers are auxiliaries of power.
11. As soon as sufficient progress in the intended change shall have been made, and the public mind duly prepared according to the rules already laid down, it will be proper to venture on another and a bolder step toward a removal of the constitutional landmarks.
Rules for Radicals? No, Rules for Changing a Limited Republican Government into an Unlimited Hereditary One
Socialism Is Legal Plunder - Bastiat
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.