Skip to comments.USO Canteen FReeper Style....Aviation Ordnancemen Thank You.......July 3,2002
Posted on 07/03/2002 4:32:33 AM PDT by Snow Bunny
Inspect, maintain and repair aircraft mechanical and electrical armament/ordnance systems.
Service aircraft guns and accessories.
Stow, assemble, and load aviation ammunition including aerial mines and torpedoes.
Service releasing and launching devices.
Load supplementary munitions.
Assemble, test, and maintain air-launched guided missiles.
Supervise operation of aviation ordnance shops, armories and stowage facilities.
Possibly function as air crewmen in various types of aircraft.
I don't! LOL Loooong wait-but worth it!
The finale is coming tomorrow.
Uh-oh! Give me plenty of time. I have a couple of places to get to tomorrow, : )
Have a great one!
You too, Cobby. Take care!
I wanted them to appreciate the sacrifices some make at great risk to themselves.
Although not Jewish, I was a child when the concentration camps were found, and the stories told.
I and mine will NEVER FORGET what happened, and do everything in our power to prevent such things happening again.
I'll try to get back later tonight, but wanted to post this in case I can't get in for a visit tomorrow...
This went out to the troops, I thought it was appropriate to share...
Fourth of July Message from the Secretary of Defense
By Donald H. Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- The following is a message from Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld:
At a critical moment during the Revolutionary War, when his army was surrounded and in danger of being destroyed, GeneralWashington issued this order: "Put only Americans on guard tonight." Washington knew, at that moment of crisis, he could rely on those citizen-soldiers -- volunteers who had left behind their families and farms to risk everything for the cause of freedom.
Thanks to their service and sacrifice, America achieved her independence. And every July 4th since, Americans have come together to give thanks for our freedom and what our country has become: the freest, most creative and dynamic nation on earth.
This Fourth of July across America, families will enjoy picnics, and parades, and the uplifting beat of "Stars and Stripes Forever." But our celebrations are tempered by the knowledge that the freedoms we hold sacred and dear have once again come under attack.
So today, as in General Washington's time, we take comfort in the knowledge that Americans like you are on guard tonight --
Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coastguardsmen.
Like the Minute Men who dropped their pitchforks and took up rifles to defend their new nation in 1776, each of you stepped forward to defend America against the new threats of this new century.
Through your service and sacrifice, you help make every day Independence Day for the United States of America.
Our people are free because your hearts are brave. And so on this Fourth of July, we stop to say to each of you: Thank you for what you do for our country.
Donald H. Rumsfeld
I think that pretty much sums it up! ;-) Love, GG
Use it now. ;^)
I could have said that, g'nad!
One thing I'd like to add to the Gunny's words:
We ain't mean enough!
I'm getting a little tired of the liberal's claim that to do to them what they do to us makes us no better than them.
Did the Jews kneel at the trench waiting for the bullet because they felt to do otherwise would make them no better than the Germans?
I propose they did so because they couldn't believe the inhumanity of fellow humans.
I propose that the passengers on that plane were in the same state of shock.
We've got to get MEAN if we want to survive as a nation!
We're the target of every biting, snapping dog in the world.
We have got to shed our pussy cat demeanor and assume the stance and disposition of the meanest pit bull in the pen if we want to survive.
I got up, went into the back room, and loaded a snub nose .38. It stayed in my pocket the next few days because I had no idea what would happen next. I wanted to be prepared to protect and defend Mother if needed.
The rest of that day (and the next few) I was glued to the TV and FR. On 9-13, I sent a letter to President Bush. I also posted that letter on the web as an Open Letter to the President. This morning I went back and read that letter again. Every word I wrote then I still belive today. I am posting a copy below so as we enter the Forth of July Holiday we can renew our dedication to our Country, our Freedom, and our Future.
open letter to President Bush
Sent on 13 Sep 2001
I, along with most Americans, watched the attacks of 9/11 in horror. It has taken me a few days to compose my thoughts on this crisis facing us. As you deal with this Crisis, please consider my thoughts and suggestions as an average American who will stand with you throughout this trial by fire.
As you stated in your message to Americans, we are in fact in a state of war. As much as I wish it were not so, I must accept this as fact. I implore you to address a joint session of Congress and request a Formal Declaration of War against all terrorist organizations. I do not think that I need to remind you that On February 23, 1998, The World Islamic Front for Jihada non-governmental umbrella group of Islamic fanaticsissued a formal declaration of war on the United States. By Congress making a Formal Declaration of War, we would be on record in the Worlds view as accepting that a state of war has existed between the United States and these fanatics, and we will respond as we see fit to insure our survival as a Nation. To declare a state of war with an autonomous group is not without precedent, the 4th Congress did in fact declare war against the Barbary Pirates.
In light of this being a war situation, I ask that you include the following actions in the overall plan to win this war.
- Seek out and destroy with great prejudice all those who participated in the attacks on September 11, 2001. Any military action undertaken must be swift, decisive, and extreme in context. It must send a clear signal that any terror attack against the United States is a very bad idea.
- For those who are arrested on United States soil, tried and convicted in our Courts, bring back public hanging. I realize this seems barbaric, but it is no less barbaric than the acts of horror they participated in. Once again, it sends a very clear message to anyone who contemplates terrorist activities on American soil.
- Treat any Nation who harbors, aids, or funds a terrorist organization as an active participant and a just target for Military action.
- Any population group, even if civilian, who celebrates an attack on The United States should also be considered to be terrorist and a just target for Military action. I am directly referring to the street celebrations that were filmed in the West Bank cities of Ramallah and Nablus.
- Aircraft security needs to be addressed. Ultimately the security of an aircraft falls on the shoulders of the flight crew. Every aircraft flight crew should be armed with small caliber arms loaded with frangible ammunition that will not compromise aircraft integrity if fired. These individuals are entrusted with the safety of the passengers. Give them the ability to fulfill that task. This is also more cost affective than the Sky Marshall program. It would also expand the program to cover every commercial aircraft.
- Schools are also at risk of terrorist attack. Our teachers, like aircrews, are entrusted with the safety of the students in their charge. Teachers are the last line of defense of the students. Give them the ability to carry concealed arms. Not all have to be armed to be effective. Just the thought that the teacher might be armed will keep attacks to schools at a minimum.
- In order to prevent terrorist acts in the general public, we need to have a National Concealed Carry Act. The Law Enforcement Officers in place now cannot possibly be everywhere. The general public must be able to stop a terrorist threat as it happens. According to USC Title 10 Section 311 Chapter 13, we have an obligation to assist in the common defense. This includes stopping terrorist activities and also violent criminal activities. Without a National Concealed Carry Act, we are stripped of the ability to fulfill our obligations as spelled out in the U.S. Code.
- Secure our Borders. There is no excuse for the thousands of illegal Foreign Nationals who cross our Borders each and every month. We have in place procedures for legal immigration from other Nations. How many of the terrorists could have been stopped at our Borders before they murdered thousands? As a native born citizen, I am offended that granting citizenship to those who broke our laws by illegal entry is even considered.
The horror of September 11, 2001 has united this Nation. Our anger and sense of purpose will not be deterred. Some of the points above might seem on the surface to be extreme or barbaric. I dont think so. They are designed to not only fulfill our need for Justice to be served, but also to send a clear message that to attack The United States will bring swift and sure destruction back to the source. Mr. President, we elected you to lead this Nation. As President and Commander in Chief, you have the responsibility to insure domestic security. I fully expect you to implement the above or similar actions to insure our continued existence as the Greatest Nation on Earth.