Clans and family are important. This is why razing the house of suicide bombers can be effective.
1. Razing houses angers the entire clan, regardless of whether they live there or not, politicizing large segments of the population, encouraging more young loonies to strap explosives to their chests to avenge the "wrongs" done to their people. Its a real Hatfield/McCoy situation.
2. It makes the Euros mad, without accomplishing much of anything. Believe it or not, international opinion is important, and Israel already has more than enough enemies as it is. An Israeli charm-offensive could be helpful in turning Yassir Arafat into the Pariah that he deserves to be.
1. The entire clan is likely already angry and involved if some of them are actual suicide bombers.
2. Any Palestinian that is not politicized would have to be deaf, blind, and hidden away from the decades of propaganda.
3. Making Europe mad is hardly a criterion for anything. I'd sooner look at Saddam Hussein for moral authority; at least he is consistent and honest about his nefarious goals.
4. Destruction of homes and expulsion to the Gaza is quite cost effective, and has yet to be tried...desperate times call for desperate measures.
Good ideas but I don't agree. Making nice with Muslims just doesn't work. Their desire is to dominate. If they are unable to do this then they want to submit.
posted on 08/05/2002 1:29:40 PM PDT
andy_card signed up 2002-07-12
That guy, what a card. :)
posted on 08/05/2002 1:37:48 PM PDT
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson