Skip to comments.Signs of the End Times As 2002 Draws to a Close
Posted on 10/27/2002 1:53:30 PM PST by hattend
Signs of the End Times As 2002 Draws to a Close By Anthony C. LoBaido Published 10. 27. 02 at 10:04 Sierra Time
Are we living in the End Times?
I have been wondering about this very notion since I was a youngster in the late 1970's. I recall reading Ruth Montgomery's book, "When Your Money Fails," which speaks about the Universal Product Code, (or "bar code") and a coming " 666 computer chip-system." Concerning what is "real" and "unreal" about Bible prophecy and the so called "End Times," the book "Soothsayers of the Second Advent" is an excellent resource.
In the 1970's pseudo-scientists and other "the-sky-is-falling" types were lamenting the coming hybrid of African-South American "Killer Bees," (who can forget that highly forgettable made-for-television film Superdome on this very subject?) Back then, we impressionable young people were also terrified about the so-called "coming ice age" and the "coming global famine" by one Paul Erlich - Alpha Male Al Gore's deranged mentor -- who thankfully has been proven a fraud and lair. Erlich predicted global famine in the 1970's. He should know that Argentina alone, if farmed properly, could probably feed the entire world.
Then came the Soylent Green and the "Ohmygod it's people! They're eating people!" genre of the Earth as a population time bomb. Notice how we capitalize the world "Earth" these days, as the environmental movement and its Mother Earth Gaia worship permeates every aspect of our lives. So what about Soylent Green? Well, there is no population time bomb. The world is 97 percent empty. Just get in a plane and fly over Siberia, Alaska, Canada, Russia, the U.S., Brazil, Namibia and Australia. It's empty down there. Say this word with me, "E-M-P-T-Y."
Still, there ARE strange signs all around us. How they relate to Matthew Chapter 24 and Luke Chapter 21, if at all, is up to the discernment of individual readers and believers.
Among these signs are the following:
Israel: The world as a whole is definitely ganging up against Israel. Reading the Book of Zechariah in the Old Testament, one may see certain prophetic events being fulfilled in regard to Israel. Turkey and the U.S. remain strong allies of Israel. Apartheid South Africa, a former top ally which helped the Israelis develop the atomic bomb, has been vanquished. Not long ago, at the World Conference on Racism in Durban, South Africa, the world's nations gathered to drink Fresca soda pop and rant against Israel. The U.S. did not attend the conference. Neither did Israel, but they certainly heard about it.
Israel, the Arab nations and Water: The Israelis and all of the Middle East, except Iraq, is running out of fresh water. This writer believes - and is probably the only journalist on the planet Earth claiming this - that the U.S. wants to take control of the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers in Iraq, which feed the whole fresh water market of the Middle East. This will secure a water supply for Israel. The pipeline British Prime Minister Tony Blair proposed -- in secret -- from Turkey through North Cyprus and over to Israel has been scrapped since its exposure. (It would have flooded out the Kurds, thus both Turkey and Iraq would have welcomed this).
Communist China, Israel, Water and Abortion: One day soon, Chinese men won't have brides to marry because of China's insane abortion policies. Females as old as three are drowned to make room for a new boy in this "one child state." (The ex-Stanford PhD candidate and brave researcher Steven Mosher has documented China's horrible abortion programs). Will Chinese men search for brides out of Mainland China? Will they invade the Middle East as Atilla the Hun and Genghis Kahn did before them? The nation of Hungary is named after Atilla - you can look it up. More on this in a bit.
Israel and the Hal Lindsey view of prophecy: Israel has become a pagan and technology worshipping nation. It arms the murderous police force of Zimbabwe. It brutalizes the Palestinians. Israel has legalized abortion and thus kills its own Jews every day. I ask the "Amen Corner" are we Israel because of "race" or because of "grace?" Do the Jews live in our theater to simply vanish during the Tribulation? How do Jews, especially those in Israel view this End Times scenario? The hit film "The Believer" tackles many important issues of Judaism and anti-Semitism and should be watched eagerly by all Christians, Jews and Muslims. The Orthodox movement in Israel is booming, says my Rabbi mentor David Eidensohn. Let's see what the future brings.
Terrorism and Islam: About the Bali bombing of the Australians; many Muslims in Australia celebrated these attacks. In a word, the Aussies are pissed. It is true that most Muslims share a heart to sincerely find God. But the radical Islamics and their crimes vs. Christians today in Sudan, Algeria, Indonesia, Afghanistan/Taliban and Saudi Arabia are frightening to normal people. The Muslims I knew while working as a journalist in Turkey, Cyprus, Jordan and Lebanon were very nice people, but when I went to the Hezbollah museum under the Baalbeck ruins on the border of Lebannon-Syria I saw rockets and the killings of Christians and Jews being celebrated.
Islam's view of the West: The U.S. continues it export of the Sodomite agenda. For example, the group loveLife in South Africa, funded by Bill and Melinda Gates, UNICEF and the ANC now actively promotes the idea of children having sex with gays, lesbians and transsexuals. The Clinton/U.N./State Department mania to set up abortion clinics all over the world and harvest the body parts of these babies for sale to pharmaceutical companies, along with TV shows like South Park and our Hollywood filth only serve to show the Islamic world that the West is truly "the Great Satan."
God's Warning to Bill Gates: Remember during that last Seattle earthquake when Bill Gates was almost killed by falling debris while announcing his multi-million dollar gift to the UN to pay for abortion clinics in Muslim nations, among other states -- this when the U.S. Congress for a short time cut off funding for U.N.-provided abortions? Note to Bill Gates: Helloooooo!!!!!!
Signs in the heavens: A black hole called Sagittarius A* in the center of the Milky Way Galaxy was recently discovered. It is 26,000 light years away. It's gravitational forces makes it's "slave" star, called "S2" travel at a speed of 18 million kilometers per hour - or 5000 kilometers per second. The mass of Sagittarius A* is between 2.2 million and 3.7 million times bigger than our sun. See the British journal Nature for additional details. Will this black hole threaten our solar system one day? (Other "signs in the heavens" will be published by this writer in a future column called "The Stars of the Kalahari.").
Enemies in the home: This is an old Catholic prophecy which states that during the end times, a man's worst enemies would be in his own family and home. Jesus also spoke of this phenomena.
Violence in the media: This needs no comment.
Hollywood: Promotes filth to the four corners of the Earth - and as I stated, the left-wing pagan elites who run Hollywood ensure that the radical Islamics will continue to see America and the West as "evil." Hell, we have become evil in many ways. But so are the Islamic world's snipers and suicide bombers. So is harvesting heroine in Afghanistan and the Bekka Valley in Lebanon and selling it to the West. We should call them the "Great Satan II or maybe Too."
NAMBLA: Hmm. Grown men, protected and sanctioned by the U.S. government to have sex with little boys. Liberals want these "men" to take Boy Scouts camping in the woods. The NAMBLA folks meet in public libraries while the Boy Scouts are banned from public libraries because they won't allow gays to become Scoutmasters. Surely many gay men would make great Scoutmasters, but first the NAMBLA issue has to be addressed. In fact, the gay movement must purge itself of its most debased elements before it can go forward.
"As it was in the days of Lot.": Jesus said that the end times would resemble Sodom and Gomorrah. Look at the art, parades, culture and TV shows which America consumes.
"As it was in the days of Noah.": Jesus said that the end times would resemble Noah's time. Jesus said Noah was a real person and that the Ark he built was also real. Jesus said that the Great Flood really happened. Noah's time was "filled with violence." Is the world filled with violence? Just read the newspapers.
Sex in the media: Oral sex is an epidemic in PRIMARY schools in America and children as young as 11 are having sex. Many U.S. high schools have day care centers for the STUDENTS' babies.
Idolatry of Sports: How many Americans have stopped watching college and professional sports? Many in the remnant have done so. Ditto the corporate "We are the world" paganized and globalist-minded Olympics. The Olympics were once about nationalism or even the Cold War (who can forget America's college kids beating the Soviet Red Army ice hockey team at the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics?).
Tattoos and body piercings: Are these the forerunners of the coming Mark of the Beast and cashless society?
Enemies of the West rising: North Korea, (the hermetic Stalinist kingdom where Roger Clinton played with his band - seriously) Cuba, China, Russia, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Algeria, Sudan, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe and other nations all hate America and conspire against her, along with the transnational drug lords.
Rwanda: The Hutus and the Tutsis hacking each other to death by the hundreds of thousands. Children as young as 12 are wanted by the Hague as "war criminals." The West did nothing as the Christian Tutsis were the main victims. Remember, it is politically correct to kill Christians anywhere on Earth. Visions of the Virgin Mary predicted that this holocaust would occur.
The Balkans: Another bloodbath in a region known for visions of the Virgin Mary which warned of a coming Holocaust. The film "Harrison's Flower" spoke about this war saying, "Serb, Croat, Muslim, Catholic, there are no good guys here, only bad guys."
The Pope: His Holiness John Paul II: He published an encyclical which said basically that because of the new high tech and pagan world order, many or most people are powerless to hear the Gospel message. Well, that may be true Pope Baby, however, anyone can log onto Dr. Charles Stanley at intouch.org.
The merger of the New World Order Elite and Communist Elite: Both schools of human thought are mirrors of one another. Both believe in a world ruled by an elite. Both demand total servitude. Both promote abortion. Both hate Fundamentalist Christians, Jews and Muslims. These groups are not easily managed and have no fear of dying for what they believe in .
Country music: Even this conservative genre of music is witnessing a trip into the sewer. As my friend Saint Karen said, "If Patsy Cline saw the way these country music gals dress on stage she would slap them and say, 'Go back stage and get dressed, honey.'"
Judgement via Wicked leaders: Ozzie Osbourne not only on the TV but in the White House. Hillary is on the way. The transnational elite have rooted out Bible believers from their ranks. Where are the Christian leaders in Europe? South Africa? Australia? New Zealand? Central America? Taiwan? South Korea? The U.S.? Russia? South Africa provides a good role model with the ACDP or multiracial African Christian Democratic Party which fights against abortion, prostitution, Marxism, rape and cultural anarchy.
Harry Potter: This series teaches our children that the way to solve one's problems is through magic. On the other hand, life's problems in the Christian world view are thought to be sent by God to test and mold our character.
Future Child: Rape. Genocide. Hacking off of limbs in Rwanda and Sierra Leone. Debased entertainment. Prostitution. Aids orphans. Parentless families. Does anyone have a clue about what the coming generations are going to turn the world into? Re: the "coming Antichrist" Future Child will worship this being.
This writer will go on record predicting the following future events:
* Solar Flares will fire forth from the sun and disrupt, even destroy, the world's satellites.
* More Black Holes and other terrifying "signs in the heavens" will be discovered soon.
* A "Dirty Radiation Bomb" will go off on Wall Street and/ or in London's financial district.
* A Tsunami will hit off of the coast of Japan -- a filthy nation addicted to pornography.
* The current increase in child abductions will lead to call for a bar code for all children.
* Vaccines for biological warfare agents are and will be made from aborted fetuses.
* The outlawing of traditional Christianity will be cemented. The Globalist and Statist Articles of faith are here already.
* The RU-486 Abortion Pill was proposed at the 11th hour in Congress by former President Bill Clinton for use in all U.S. primary and high schools on demand. This will become law.
* Famine in America and the West: About 66 percent of American adults are overweight. A third are obese, meaning about 35 pounds overweight. The Russians' massive asymmetrical military program to conduct bio-warfare on American crops was reported several years ago by the AP. It was mostly ignored by the American public, more concerned with shopping and the Mark McGwire home run derby.
* China will impose a Cambodian style nuclear genocide upon the American people, with the help of the warhead designs, satellite and missile technology Bill Clinton gave to the elites in Beijing. The Americans in Texas will NEVER give up their guns. This is the last barrier, along with radical Islam, to world government. Thus, the nuclear attack upon America will guarantee the beginnings of world government. Watch the Clinton's fly away to Antarctica as the missiles from Russia, China, Iran and North Korea are in the air, heading for America's cities. Rent the films, "The Day After," "Miracle Mile" and "The Postman" for details. Satan will be appeased at the ensuing bloodbath, which like abortion, fuels the appetites of Satanists for blood.
* China will manipulate Pakistan and India into an apocalyptic war, then send 200 million troops, consisting of its Asian allies, into the Middle East. The Tigris and Euphrates Rivers will be "dried up" as China enters this region. Atilla the Hun (circa 400 AD) and Genghis Kahn (circa 1200 AD) came into Russia, Europe and the Middle East. They seem to attack in 800 year intervals. Another 800 years has gone by since the last invasion.
* Massive killings of whites in South Africa. This has already begun.
* War in Australia and the U.S. along racial lines. The border war with Mexico is heating up.
* A plethora of snipers and suicide bombers to the four corners of the world.
* Future Child Grows Up: The next Hilter, Stalin, Mao and Winnie Mandela will gain control of the uranium mines in the Congo and unleash nuclear terror upon the world. This brutal and future dictator will be driven with rage because of the horrible deeds he or she endured as a child.
* The rise of the Antichrist and empowering of the United Nations in full scale as never before, probably from its base in Switzerland if New York made uninhabitable. FEMA has set up infrastructure for tent cities accommodating 15 million people. What do they know down at the FEMA headquarters, except for how to suspend the Constitution? This issue was raised in the X Files film "Fight the Future," by filmmaker Chris Carter much to the shock of the Clinton Administration. FEMA was flooded with calls. Eventually the X Files was cancelled. An American city will be cancelled in due course.
* The move to three world currencies, the Yen, Dollar and Euro.
* The move to a one world currency by 2050. * Polar shift or changes in the Earth's gravitational field.
* The real, newly-discovered and much more ancient age of the Sphinx in Egypt will cause the scientific community to reevaluate the age of mankind.
* Evidence of atomic war in ancient India will be unearthed.
* The ruination of world bio-diversity and food stocks because of Genetically Modified Foods.
* The landing of aliens/UFO's on Earth. These will be demonic entities parading and "gods" who created mankind.
* A rise in the reliance upon the occult, spirit guides, past lives, astrology and psychology vs. the Bible as a guide to life's issues and problems.
* The rise of a super prophet to take the place of the late Romanian Dumitru Duduman.
* A rise in the study of the First and Second Books of Peter in the Gospel.
* A rise in the visitation of angels to remnant believers, including Christians, Jews and Muslims truly seeking the Lord and living in righteousness. This writer was lucky enough to receive a hand written letter from Duduman shortly before his death. In this letter, Duduman told me that during the Great Tribulation of the "end times," an angel will appear to each believer to tell he or she "where they must go", just as the angel warned Joseph to take the Virgin Mary and baby Jesus into the deserts of Egypt to escape from King Herrod.
The Book of Second Peter in the Gospel speaks about a final judgement. In II Peter 3:10 we read, "But the Day of the Lord will come as a thief. On that Day the heavens will disappear with a shrill noise, the heavenly bodies will burn up and be destroyed, and the earth with everything in it will vanish. Since all these things will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people should you be?"
Verse 13 states, "But we wait for what God has promised: new heavens and a new earth, where righteousness will be at home."
[Writer's Note: This column was inspired by my friend, mentor and "ongelooflike," South African Boere Tannie Marge Leitner.]
Related Articles:(click link) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anthony C. LoBaido is an international correspondent for WorldNetDaily.com. Many of LoBaido's past articles on this subject can be found there.
(Excerpt) Read more at sierratimes.com ...
But, I know our instructions:
Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
This caught my eye being a Texan and all. ROTFLMBO!
LOL! Plus they eat bugs for money.
Or, he'll show up tomorrow and make all the second guessing moot.
I think Mary Stewart Relfe and not Ruth Montgomery wrote that book. Ruth Montgomery was into the occult.
|Eze 13:18 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the [women] that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of my people, and will ye save the souls alive [that come] unto you?|
|Amo 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end [is] it for you? the day of the LORD [is] darkness, and not light.|
|Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in [yourselves], neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.|
|Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.|
|Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier [matters] of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.|
|Luk 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.|
|Luk 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.|
|Luk 11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, [ye] lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.|
|Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time|
WHEN YOUR MONEY FAILS (666), by Mary Stewart Relfe, Ph.D. - Relfe gives a detailed review of the number 666, as prophesied in the Holy Bible, and ...
For myself, I believe the destruction of Jerusalem occurred just as Jesus said it would and I believe the end of the world will also occur just as Jesus said.
Swiftly, completely, and unexpectedly.
2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives."
Good one, Ivan! Hope you don't mind if I use your post as a springboard to expound on your excellent point (I'm just in that kind of mood today.)
Well, yknow, this is another one of those position papers (for lack of a better phrase) that gets foisted on a nervous public every few months.
It has all the (now classic) elements:
--The end is near because terrible things are happening in the world. When was this not the case?
--A whole laundry-list of abominations to make the authors point.
--Cherry-picked Bible-verses offered as proof. (Every quoted Bible verse is taken out of the larger context, because the Bible is a very big book.)
--Hal Lindsey is trotted out again, ostensibly in the hopes that those old enough will have forgotten that we were supposed to have suffered Armageddon years ago.
--The ancient astronauts will return.
--Terrorist atrocities will continue (DUH!)
Notice how we capitalize the world "Earth" these days, as the environmental movement and its Mother Earth Gaia worship permeates every aspect of our lives. (We also capitalize Jupiter. So what? And Gaia gets its greatest publicity from the cartoon Captain Planet, brainchild of Ted Turner, a recognized nut-job that even Jane Fonda cant abide anymore.
Modern Israel has been in a state of perpetual war since its founding in 1948. An earlier doomsayer generation predicted its destruction 30 years later. Hmm. 1978?
Depending on your age, youve seen, heard or read again and again of various cultist groups claiming to predict to the day when the world will end.
As each predictive group has been proven wrong by the continuous ticking of the clock, they tend to retreat into vapor. (Lindsey now needs the Internet to keep preaching: his 1970s book-sales are way down.)
Faith is important in this ephemeral world, but until we reach the afterlife (whatever that may be) all we have at our disposal is the human spirit. Personally, Im a little tired of spiritual experts who have been their noses in the air haranguing me since childhood to just give it up and believe in them (books now available at Amazon-dot-com.)
The world will end when God decides it should. Not when Hal Lindsey or Anthony C. LoBaido says it should. We can each read a hundred or a thousand books about it, but none of us will be any better able to speak for the Creator than we are right now.
But thats part of the allure of this stuff, isnt it? It would feel really good to truly believe that you are privy to divine information that the average schmuck will never be, because he hasnt read the same books.
But he cant be a man
Cause he dont smoke
The same cigarettes as me.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.