Skip to comments.Clinton's military history... (FIRST PARDONED FEDERAL FELON ever to serve as President)LIDDY FILES
Posted on 11/24/2002 2:48:52 PM PST by TLBSHOW
The Liddy File ---------- Favorite articles, listener submissions and more Complete archives of all Liddy Files are available ...
Clinton's military history... Posted November, 2002
Boston Globe - To the Editor, "Bush military role less than glorious" - Nov. 12, 2002 by writer John Hamilton of Dedham.
Compared to Bill Clinton's 'military record', George W. Bush looks like Sgt. York!
Here are the facts: * Bill Clinton registers for the draft on September 08, 1964, accepting all contractual conditions of registering for the draft. Given Selective Service Number # 3 26 46 228.
* Bill Clinton classified 2-S on November 17, 1964
* Bill Clinton reclassified 1-A on March 20, 1968
* Bill Clinton ordered to report for induction on July 28, 1969
* Bill Clinton dishonors order to report and is not inducted into the military
* Bill Clinton reclassified 1-D after enlisting in the United States Army Reserves on August 07, 1969 under authority of Colonel E. Holmes. Clinton signs enlistment papers and takes oath of enlistment.
* Bill Clinton fails to report to his duty station at the University of Arkansas ROTC, September 1969.
* Bill Clinton reclassified 1-A on October 30, 1969, as enlistment with Army Reserves is revoked by Colonel E. Holmes and Clinton now AWOL and subject to arrest under Public Law 90-40 (2)(a) 'registrant who has failed to report..remain liable for induction'.
* Bill Clinton's birthdate lottery number is 311, drawn December 1, 1969, but anyone who has already been ordered to report for induction, is INELIGIBLE!
* Bill Clinton runs for Congress (1974), while a fugitive from justice under Public Law 90-40.
* Bill Clinton runs for Arkansas Attorney General (1976), while a fugitive from justice.
* Bill Clinton receives pardon on January 21, 1977 from Carter.
* Bill Clinton FIRST PARDONED FEDERAL FELON ever to serve as President.
All these facts come from Freedom of Information requests, public laws and various books that have been published and have gone unrefuted by Clinton. Sitting next to me as I write this letter, is a copy of SHEET 8 - SELECTIVE SERVICE CLASSIFICATION RECORD - HOT SPRINGS, ARKANSAS, on which is the name of Bill Clinton and 29 other registrants. Columns 7 & 8 of SHEET 8, are blank for Bill Clinton. There is no determination of status for Bill Clinton, for either military or civilian occupation, that would fulfill his obligation as a Selective Service Registrant.
pardoned by Jimmy Carter
LIDDY FILES NOVEMBER 2002
No. They looked happier at the "memorial service" for Paul Wellstone.
Here in FreeRepublic we have it on good authority that the man suffers from peronie's disease. Actually, Paula Jones' lawyers have sworn witnesses to the condition. It disqualifies you for military service. Bill showed up for his pre-induction physical, the condition was discovered, and he was simply rejected for service.
It's worth noting that at that time if you were overseas when you got the notice you could report to any American military base and take the physical. Presumably Billzo took his physical somewhere in UK. His draft board probably issued his induction notice before the results of his pre-induction physical arrived back in Arkansas from UK. Still, no one immediately followed up on that to take him away. Still, by the time they got around to it, the draft board had probably found out the Army's doctors had rejected him.
Back in the days when they actually mailed real records back and forth and there was no internet, information didn't get exchanged instantaneously. For example, I had enlisted in the Infantry in December 1966 with a reporting date in February 1967. Sometime in May 1967, federal police arrived at my last known address to round me up for military duty although I was already in Advanced Infantry Training at Fort McClellan, Alabama. They verified my address anyway according to the company commander of my training company.
I doubt information about Bill Clinton traveled any faster back in that time.
So, with peronie's disease in mind, the rest of Billzo's encounters with military duty can be seen as a way to evade the doctors and get in. Remember, too, that it's the Army setting this standard. The doctors know very well that Billzo could function quite normally despite that disease. I am surprised he didn't write four or five letters explaining how he "despised" the military as a consequence. He's spent the rest of his life showing them just how wrong they were.
Actually, Dolly Kyle Browning was with him before and after (and maybe during) his college days, and never noticed a bent weiner. Or if she did notice it, I reckon she is the type of lady that might not mention it. Anyways, by all accounts, Bill's manhood was not leaning to the left when he was trying dodge the draft.
Now, if, as you suggest, he developed peronie's later in life, it might be worth finding out how that happened - maybe stepping on his crank at the Wurthen Bank, or toking up with Lassiter? You know junkies can do the darndest things under the influence.
Should have said "Carter" in lieu of Clinton...but you know, the guy kind of festers in my mind due to his poor actions...like a uneven scar...healed but still a reminder of poor times.