Skip to comments.
South America/The Next Communist Nest?
News Max ^
| 26 Nov, 2002
| christopher ruddy
Posted on 11/26/2002 11:00:17 AM PST by Bodacious
Reprinted from NewsMax.com
A Surprising Voice Calls From Our Backyard Christopher Ruddy Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2002 With Americans focused on problems in the Middle East, particularly those relating to terrorism, and with Republicans relishing recent election victories, we should not forget that a disastrous situation now faces America in our own backyard. Recently, I returned from a visit to Panama, one of the most strategically important nations in the Western Hemisphere.
My friend Wilson C. Lucom lives in Panama City and has been warning Americans of the threat now posed by the increasing communist influence in Central America.
We don't hear about it on the nightly news, but revolution and radicalism have been sweeping Latin America.
Venezuela's pro-Castro president, Hugo Chavez, has shown complete disregard for his country's constitutional government. He is on the march to create a dictatorship in a country that is the second-largest provider of oil to the U.S.
Next is Brazil, where the recent presidential elections saw the election of Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, better known as simply "Lula" a far-left radical who, like Chavez, deeply admires Castro.
(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...
TOPICS: Editorial; Foreign Affairs
KEYWORDS: communism; panama
posted on 11/26/2002 11:00:17 AM PST
Well, I guess the news isn't all bad for the democRATS.
posted on 11/26/2002 11:02:48 AM PST
I can't seem to find the full article.. :(
posted on 11/26/2002 11:06:55 AM PST
Lets examine each issue independantly:
(1) Hugo, this thug will soon be out of power because the people are going to remove him in a coup.
(2) Columbia, FARC unfortunately has the offensive in this war. Soldier of Fortune magazine this month has an excellent article about FARC's new tactics. I fear the only thing that may stop FARC is the introduction of US ground forces.
(3) Panama, we need to arm a Panamanian Army while there is still time and deploy troops to the canal.
(4) Castro, he needs to be taken out ASAP. He recieves the majority of his aid from China and traitorous American corporations.
(5) Lula, I'll reserve judgement on this man. He says he won't stop current market reforms and he seems to be more interested in Brasilian soverignty than Marxism.
(6) Peru, although not mentioned in this article, the Tupac Amaru are growing stronger. Peru needs help in its special forces. A new training mission for Peru should suffice.
posted on 11/26/2002 11:35:12 AM PST
So after he Middle East we can attack here - the domino effect - & if that doesn't totally BK us then Hillary will be shoved to the power front by the elites & her health care, here & for the UN will put us with the Africans. Then people will be writing at how stupid America was. They might even quote out of Pat Buchanan's books about not taking his advise. Good night, America.
posted on 11/26/2002 11:44:56 AM PST
With all due respect, what in the hell are you trying to say?
posted on 11/26/2002 11:49:08 AM PST
posted on 11/26/2002 11:52:34 AM PST
Comment #8 Removed by Moderator
To: Bodacious; All
posted on 11/26/2002 1:00:16 PM PST
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson