Skip to comments.Operation Infinite Freep - After Action Report - Houston, TX (15 Feb 2003)
Posted on 02/15/2003 7:08:25 PM PST by PetroniDE
Iraq will not disarm unless forced and the United Nations will not enforce its own resolutions. Since Iraq will not disarm voluntarily, it is now up to the United States and the "coalition of the willing" to disarm Iraq. Despite overwhelming evidence that Saddam Hussein will not voluntarily disarm, large groups of "anti-Americans" demonstrated throughout the world against the United States. One of these protests occurred in Houston, TX.
Despite threatening weather early, the skies cleared by noon and the "anti-war" protest occurred under sunny skies with temperature around 70 degrees. The "anti-American" gathering was huge (about 3000-4000). About 40 groups, covering a wide range of democrat, socialists, communist, environmentalist, and anti-GOP/Bush groups sponsored the gathering. Despite the high turnout, there was a group of twelve people from FreeRepublic.com who were not intimidated by the large "anti-American" gathering. With the Freepers positioning themselves at the park entrance, the "anti-Americans" were required to march past our group to attend their rally. Traffic was light in the area, but our signs were greeted by the usual honks of encouragement.
Freeper Sign Samples
1) Large 8 foot x 3 foot sign "WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS".
2) Large United States flag with President Bush (as Uncle Sam) rolling up his sleeves.
3) Terrorist Hunting Permit.
4) Remember 11 September, Lets Roll
It is hard not to laugh at the "anti-American" crowd, so we proudly present:
Humorous Freeper Responses
1) No War sign: Our response was "Go War", "Pro War", and "War On".
2) "What Do We Want" chant: Our response was "FOOD STAMPS" or "HYGIENE".
3) A couple of people were asked if they were French and if they responded "yes" were further asked if they spoke German. Their response was "no", and our response was "your welcome, and remember that".
4) There were a few signs regarding Election 2000, and our response "Don't blame us you guys can't punch a hole in a piece of cardboard".
Freeper Responses Representing More Serious Themes
1) War solved Hitler.
2) "We tried peace, we got 9-11".
3) Seal our borders, not our windows.
4) In response to "What would Jesus do" sign, our answer was "Jesus came not to bring peace, but a sword".
1) Channel 39 (WB) conducted interviews and took pictures.
2) Reporter from Northwestern State Univ. (Louisiana) conducted interviews.
3) At least two interviews conducted by the Indymedia crowd.
Other Bits of Information
1) The "anti-American" crowd was obscene today. We had one child in our group and there were many instances of "the finger" and profanity shouted at our group.
2) One "anti-American" had a sign "Bombing is to Piece is like F****** is to Virginity".
3) After the Freep, it was off to Floyd's Cajun Kitchen. The crawfish made a surprise attack and somewhere in the upcoming pictures, there is evidence of us imitating the French army, surrendering to the vicious and well-trained crawfish.
1) The "long distance" award goes to Ron H. He had two of the best signs (President Bush and the Terrorist Hunting Permit), was the first Freeper to show, and had by a wide margin the longest drive.
2) The large "We Support Our Troops" sign was organized by Flyer. Several Freepers made financial contributions in that effort.
3) Humblegunner allowed for the use of his home as a staging area.
4) In walking to the Freep, I noticed six automobiles owned by the anti-American crowd that had safety/environmental and/or registration stickers that were expired. He noted the make and models and pointed the locations to the police in attendance. One of them stated that they would right citations. I don't like the stickers (or paying for them) as much as anyone else, but if I must pay, then they also must pay).
5) In granting interviews regarding why we were here, I was very polite and mentioned specifics of Powell's presentation, failure of the UN regarding enforcement of their resolutions, explanation why war is the only option left, and comparing the WMD disarmament of Iraq versus other countries (RSA, Kazhakstan, and Ukraine).
FreeGards From The Lib Capitol of The World...Noo Yawk,
KLT AKA Karen
The good guys rule, and took the high ground!
The veritable sea of fools...
FReepers arriving at the site...