Skip to comments.11 Prophecies fulfilled this generation.
Posted on 02/21/2009 6:09:00 AM PST by kindred
FOR THE PROPHECY CAME NOT IN OLD TIME BY THE WILL OF MAN: BUT HOLY MEN OF GOD SPAKE AS THEY WERE MOVED BY THE HOLY GHOST. O FOOLS, AND SLOW OF HEART TO BELIEVE ALL THAT THE PROPHETS HAVE SPOKEN-Lk 24:25. However, believing there is a God and acknowledging the Bible is the Word of God does not save a person. A person needs to admit they are a sinner, repent, and receive Jesus Christ as their only hope of being saved. This is done by faith (or trust).
Let's prove the Bible is true and we are nearing the end of the last generation before Christ returns.
1. The Jewish people would be scattered worldwide; yet Israel would become a nation again after a long time and at a time the Bible calls the "latter days"-ref Isa 66:8; Mic 5:3; Ezek 38:8. Against what appeared to be impossible odds, this prophecy has been fulfilled. It happened as predicted on May 14, 1948 after about 2500 years. Thats 1 out of 1. Note: Israel was destroyed in approximately 721 B.C. and Judah about 135 years later. Since that time, approximately fourteen different peoples have possessed the land of Israel. Yet as the Bible said, the nation of Israel would be reborn. The rebirth of Israel was a key sign, indicating we had entered a time period called the "latter days." It was the beginning of a countdown leading to the Tribulation and culminating with the Battle of Armageddon and the return of Jesus. Along with the fulfillment of this crucial event are over 360 prophecies that would all come together, so we might recognize that the Tribulation is very close at hand. Some of these are listed here. Yet the Bible foretells that most people would not believe these things, despite the overwhelming evidence of the signs from Gods Word being fulfilled exactly as predicted. As people refused to believe the flood was coming in Noahs time, so people today willingly choose to disregard the signs of the times.
2. Israel shall be brought forth in one day, at once-ref Isa 66:8. Prophecy fulfilled-May 14, 1948. Thats 2 out of 2. Note: On Nov. 29, 1947, the General Assembly of the U.N. approved a resolution calling for the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine. On the morning of May 14, 1948 (the last day of the British mandate), a meeting of the Peoples Council took place in Israel to decide on the name of the state and to finalize the declaration. At precisely 4 pm, the proclamation ceremony began at the Tel Aviv museum. The 979 Hebrew words of the Scroll of Independence were read. All stood, and the scroll was adopted. The notorious White Paper, issued by the British in 1930 restricting Jewish immigration, was declared null and void. Members of the Peoples Council signed the proclamation. David Ben-Gurion rapped his gavel, declaring, "The State of Israel is established. This meeting is ended." Israel was brought forth as a nation in one day, at once, exactly as predicted. At midnight, the British soldiers and high commissioner would leave. President Truman was swift in announcing U.S. recognition of Israel. The following morning, on May 15, Israel was under attack by the Egyptian, Syrian, Lebanese, Jordanian, and Iraqi forces.
3. Israel would be brought forth (or reborn) "out of the nations"-Ezek 38:8. Prophecy fulfilled-May 14, 1948. Thats 3 out of 3. Note: As previously stated, on Nov. 29, 1947, the General Assembly of the "United Nations" approved a resolution calling for the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine. This prophecy was perfectly fulfilled. Consider, for centuries the land of Israel had been occupied by many nations. Israel was "brought forth out of the nations"the children of Israel from many nations have been returning to their ancient homeland.
4. Israel must regain the city of Jerusalem-Joel 2:32; Isa 28:14; Ezek 22:19. This happened just as predicted in 1967. Thats 4 out of 4. Note: The Bible gives us two methods so we would know the time we are in. One is by Israels rebirth. The other, by a precise line of events that would all come together at one time. Israel was reborn on May 14th, 1948. The Bible indicates that from Israels rebirth a generation would not pass till all be fulfilled. We are not setting any date; however, it seems clear from Israels rebirth and the signs of the times that we are living in the generation in which the Rapture and Tribulation will come and catch most people by surprise. Are you ready?
5. The Christian church at the time of the end would be lukewarm, neither cold nor hot for Jesus. Prophecy fulfilled. Thats 5 out of 5. Note: God will spew them out. Many ministers and people that call themselves a Christian will not be going to heaven. The Bible tells usyou have acquired wealth, but your true condition is wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked and you dont know it-Rev 3:14-22. This is todays church. Most preachers use little Scripture, but lots of worldly stories. Many sing a great deal, but put little emphasis on repentance, obeying, serving, and fearing God, on the fruits of the Spirit, Bible prophecy, water baptism by immersion, and studying your Bible faithfully every day. Many are only entertainment centers that teach what their members want to hear. Many (so-called Christians) are so lukewarm or dead, they dont even bring their Bibles with them to the house of God. Some famous ministers and Bible schools think this is the best church age ever, yet the Bible clearly shows it is the worst and most deceived.
6. The Bible gives us over 50 descriptions about the people at the time of the end. These fit the people of today perfectly, but did not fit the people of fifty years ago. Here are some:
A. Some would depart from the faith and go into devil worship-1 Tim 4:1. This is perfect.
B. People would mock about the last days and not believe-2 Pe 3:3; Jude 18.
C. People would become lovers of themselves-2 Tim 3:1,2. Remember the TV commercials"I do it for me"?
D. People would be disobeying their parents-2 Tim 3:1,2.
E. People would be grateful for nothing-2 Tim 3:1,2.
F. Homosexuality would increase-Lk 17:28,30; ref Gen 19:5; Ro 1:24,26,27.
G. People would be without self-control in sex-2 Tim 3:1,2,6; Rev 9:21, Lk 17:28,30; Jude 7. Is this not the great sex generation?
H. People would love pleasures more than God-2 Tim 3:1,2,4. This is true. Shall we go on a picnic, watch football, or sleep. Church?we can go another time. Our American motto "In God we trust" has become a joke. Remember, these were all predicted centuries ago as part of the signs that we are at the time of the end.
I. People would be taking drugs-Rev 9:21. The Greek word for sorceries, in Rev 9:21, means pharmaceuticals or drugs. Gods Word is 100% right on every one. Thats 6 out of 6. How could you have any doubts at this point? Note: Fifty years ago, many people seldom locked their doors at night. There was little or no profanity on television, radio, or in the movies. One of the biggest problems in public school was gum chewing. Those days are long gone.
7. There would be weapons that could destroy the world-Mk 13:20; Rev 6:8; Rev 9:18; Zech 14:8,12. Incredibly, this prophecy was written in the days of spears and arrows, yet today it is true. Thats 7 out of 7. Note: It is estimated that the combined nuclear arsenals of the USA and Russia (as of the year 2004) could kill every living thing on earth 6 times over.
8. The Gospel must be published in all the world-Mk 13:10. This seemingly impossible prophecy was written when there was no printing press, but today it is true. That's 8 out of 8. Note: In this last generation, to our knowledge, the Gospel is being published (or is about to be published) in the primary language of every nation of the world or "among all nations." In addition, the Gospel is available by short-wave radio nearly everywhere in the world.
9. In the "latter days" when Israel was once again a nation, there would be a great military power to the extreme north of Israel in the land of Magog (which is modern-day Russia)-Ezek 38:2-4,8,15,16. Incredible. Thats 9 out of 9. Note: How could the Bible have foretold the location of this nation, facts about its military, and even the time period it would come to pass? As was already said in Lk 24:25-O FOOLS, AND SLOW OF HEART TO BELIEVE ALL THAT THE PROPHETS HAVE SPOKEN.
10. There would be a nation to the far east of Israel, to the end of the earth. This nation would have an army of 200 million. This is astounding. How could the Bible have told the location of a nation and given such a huge figure regarding the size of its army nearly 2000 years ago? China has boasted that they could field an army of this exact figure. Thats 10 out of 10.
11. There would be an economic alliance of the nations of the Old Roman Empire. It would have a military capability. This is an exact description of the European Economic Community today (the EEC), which has already adopted the one-currency system for many of their member nations. It is written, IN THE DAYS OF THESE KINGS (these nations, which is now) SHALL THE GOD OF HEAVEN SET UP A KINGDOM-Dan 2:44. Thats 11 out of 11. We have just reached the point that seemed impossible11 perfect predictions made thousands of years agowith God nothing is impossible. Certainly, at this point, even the biggest skeptic should see the Bible is true, there is a God, and we are nearing the time of the end.
About 22 prophecies in 11 sets have been given, all perfect and all written centuries ago. The chance that any person could do this 2000 years into the future is not possible. The Bible is the Word of God, and we have just proved it. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Repent and get baptized by full immersion. Read and obey the Gospel. God loves you. He is not willing that any should perish, yet many do. The Rapture is close. Most people are not ready and will not be taken. However, "YOU" cannot say you did not know. Know and understand, Mt 16:26-WHAT IS A MAN PROFITED, IF HE SHALL GAIN THE WHOLE WORLD, AND LOSE HIS OWN SOUL? OR WHAT SHALL A MAN GIVE IN
Christ said Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21 there would be wars and rumors of wars ... see that ye be not troubled: for all these things MUST come to pass BUT the end is not yet. So what is the opposite of wars and rumors of war, a fake peace peace peace maker. Jeremiah 6:14
Paul tells US what kind of battle we are to arm ourselves for and with what... and it is not a battle against flesh and blood. But to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6 What did the devil offer Christ if Christ would bend His knee to the devil???
[Why have the Scriptures NOT indicated any fullfilment??? Why have historians not indicated a fullfilment of these prophecies???]
Uh, the above mentioned 11 prohecies have been fulfilled since May 14, 1948 and have been ignored and attacked by the liberal left christiondom who also deny the work and the Word of God as it truly is the Word of God.
2TIM 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2TIM 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2TIM 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2TIM 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2TIM 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2TIM 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2TIM 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2TIM 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
2TIM 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their’s also was.
2TIM 3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
2TIM 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
2TIM 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
2TIM 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
2TIM 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
2TIM 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2TIM 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2TIM 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
[The Rapture is close.]
1COR 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1COR 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1COR 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1COR 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1COR 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1COR 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
1COR 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1THESS 4:11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
1THESS 4:12 That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.
1THESS 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1THESS 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1THESS 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1THESS 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1THESS 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1THESS 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Uh, you missed the point...The gentleman stated that ALL prophecies have been fulfilled during the time of Jesus and the Apostles...
I merely asked him to show me some evidence of that...
No, Isreal has God's Hand of protection. Ours is meaningless. However, if we allow our current government to make us an enemy of Isreal, then we would become an enemy of God,...and be destroyed along with everyone else who tries to take His nation down.
What does 'sleep' mean? And what is going to be changed? and this happens at the LAST trump and that is when Christ returns for the harvest. Now unless one 'sleeps' they are going to still be here on that DAY when the 'change' occurs for everybody.... The flesh body will be shed.
So did we.There is a world of difference between the biblical doctrines that should be the of the body Christ and the self praising lies held by liberal social gospel denominations who have departed from the truth of God's word into the foolishness of false doctrines that are not the word of God.
Wisdom is justified of her children. God opened our minds to understand the scriptures but we who believe God's word are in the minority in today's latter days, which God warned of. Another warning of the 11 above. And,GAL 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;) GAL 1:2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia: GAL 1:3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, GAL 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: GAL 1:5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. GAL 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: GAL 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. GAL 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. GAL 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. GAL 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. GAL 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. GAL 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
[What does ‘sleep’ mean?]
1THESS 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
(Those believers who have tied in this grace age of Jew and Gentile church and whose bodies are in the grave will be raised from their graves along with those of us who are alive in the moment the Lord raptures His Church, the born again believers He has save for some 2000 years when He overcame death, hell and the grave and ascended into the heavenlies and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father.
The remainder of 1st Thessolians 4 must be studied in context with all Scriptures, the knowledge of this translation was given to Paul the Apostle to the Gentiles only when God began the Church of Jesus Christ. It is hard for those of us of the fallen race of Adam and under the curse of the creation(GE3) to understand the word of God and His miracle power as we are corrupted from our birth.
Amen ! Preach on Brother.shalom b'SHEM Yah'shua HaMashiach Adonai
You seem very knowledgeable. How long is a "generation" in the Bible? I remember reading a book by Hal Lindsey back in the '70s, and he took that verse to mean that the 1980s would be the last decade of human history. I've also heard it said that as long as anyone is still alive who was alive at the time of Israel's rebirth, "this generation" is not considered to have passed away. Since some people live to be over 100, that would indicate the Rapture won't be for a while yet. Lately it does seem as though the signs of the End Times are increasing at a fast pace.
The astounding thing is the amount of prophecies that have come to pass double when you include the Book of Mormon!
***Electing Obama just removed the hand of protection Israel***
Never fear, “He who keeps Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps...”
WE will be reaping the whirlwind over pulling away from Israel.
Blessing Israel is probably the last good thing this country had going for it.
God’s hand of protection over THIS country is a thing of the past.
I used to think people talking about being “chipped” were kooks. Guess what? I am a merchant Marine captain. We all had to get the mew TWIC card for port security access. It came complete with a gold overlaid “chip” with a symbol of the World on it. Now I do not think they are kooks.
When people start arguing about the “taking away” or “rapture” or whatever it gets called...
I say, “...don’t worry, it will be explained to you on the way up.”
The Mayan calendar ends on 12/21/12. Nosterdamus has some catostrophic prediction for that year. The Hopi indians have some prophecy, I don't know if it points to 12/21/12, but is believed to fit the timeline.
Here is my thought.
The tribulation is 7 years. With the second 1/2 being the Great Tribulation, when the bowls of judgement get poured out.
I follow the Bible, not seers and "prophets", but I think its possible that some of these "MIGHT" have seen something.
If we use 12/21/12 as a date when the bowls begin to be poured out, the beginning of the Great Tribulation, that would mean that the actual beginning of the 7 year tribulation would be 3-1/2 years earlier. June 2009
No man knows the day or hour. But the Bible gives us clues in what to look for, and to be ready.
I'm not saying or making a prediction. Its just a thought I've had.
Sure gonna be fun to watch the rewriting of prophetic fulfillment when Iran gets the nuke on Barry’s watch and Israel glows in the dark.
Thank you Kindred for your comments and those excellent Scripture references. What is edifying is that you can read and reread Scripture a dozen times and STILL see something relevant that you missed, which goes back to it being revealed to a receptive mind.
Seems I have somewhat given Galatians a cursory glance, I’ll spend more time there, thank you.
“These fit the people of today perfectly, but did not fit the people of fifty years ago.”
A. Some would depart from the faith and go into devil worship-
B. People would mock about the last days and not believe
C. People would become lovers of themselves?
D. People would be disobeying their parents
E. People would be grateful for nothing
F. Homosexuality would increase
G. People would be without self-control in sex-
H. People would love pleasures more than God-”
Oh, BS. I’m 60 and I can remember people doing most of those things when I was 10...and they were doing them 50 (or 500) years before that.