Skip to comments.The Christ of Mormonism (Real Mormonism)
Posted on 03/25/2011 9:19:12 AM PDT by Colofornian
Written by a local ex-Mormon Christian friend of mine:
This is the Christ of Mormonism:
1. He lives as a humanoid god on a star near Kolob along with his father god, bound by the physical world; he does not transcend the material.
2. He is the brother of satan.
3. He had to earn his own salvation while he was on earth.
4. He offers his grace only to those who work hard enough.
5. He is not from everlasting to everlasting, but was created a finite time ago by his father god, who in turn was also created by his own father god, who in turn was created by his own father god, so on and so forth
6. He is not the greatest being possible.
7. He is finite.
8. His blood is not powerful enough to wipe away any sin.
9. He aided his father in creating earth by organizing already existing matter; he is not capable of creating things out of nothing.
10. He must submit to a moral law that existed before he did.
11. You can one day become just like him.
This is the Christ of the Bible:
1. He is a spirit being that transcends space and time.
2. He is the brother of no creature; He is God, from everlasting to everlasting. No one can claim kinship with Him except those He purchased for Himself on the cross. And He is not the same type of creature they are. He is not a creature, He is God.
3. Jesus is the Author of Salvation; to say that He needed to earn His salvation is absurdity.
4. He offers His sovereign grace to whomever He sovereignly chooses; we are all tainted by sin and vile in His holy eyes. Therefore, no one is more worthy than any other human being. Thus, His grace that He offers is given unconditionally. His grace is true grace, a beautiful gift.
5. He is from everlasting to everlasting. He was never created, and Has been in relationship with the Father and the Holy Spirit forever.
6. He is the greatest being possible, the Most High God. There is no one like Him and there is no one who will ever be anything like Him.
7. He is infinite, both in essence and in His divine perfections.
8. His blood is powerful enough to wipe away any sin, regardless of heinousness and duration. The only sin that cannot be forgive is blasphemy against the Holy Ghost; and this is not because the blood of Christ is not powerful enough to wash it away, but because God has so sovereignly decreed that all persons who blaspheme the Holy Ghost should not receive forgiveness.
9. He created everything that exists out of nothing by the mere word of His mouth.
10. There is no external law that He submits to; He is the Author and the Source of the Law.
11. No one can ever come near to obtaining the glory and excellency of Christ.
Here's the documentation for #3 claim: [The Mormon jesus] had to earn his own salvation while he was on earth:
"Christ is a saved being (Lds apostle Bruce McConkie, Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, Vol. 3, p 257)
Modern revelation speaks of our Lord as he that ascended up on high, as also he descended below all things, in that he comprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth (D&C 88:6). Christ's rise to the throne of exaltation was preceded by his descent below all things. Only by submitting to the powers of demons and death and hell could he, in the resurrection, serve as our exemplar of a saved being, one who had placed all things beneath his feet. I am Alpha and Omega, he said, Christ the Lord; yea, even I am he, the beginning and the end, the Redeemer of the world. I, having accomplished and finished the will of him whose I am, even the Father, concerning mehaving done this that I might subdue all things unto myselfretaining all power, even to the destroying of Satan and his works at the end of the world, and the last great day of judgment. (D&C 19:1-2.) (McConkie and Millet, Doctrinal Commentary on the Book of Mormon, vol. 1, p. 234)
(Please also see McConkie, Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, Vol. 3, p. 238 where he said Jesus "Needs salvation"...Came to earth to work out His own salvation)
I know that FR considers Romney the antichrist. He's a Mormon, of course. Maybe that is why.
It is ugly.
God bless you and yours.
The Mormon "jesus" really didn't die for our personal sins or our rebellious nature...cause we discover the Mormon doctrine of men being subject to punishment for their own sins; this Mormon "jesus" doesn't serve as our Substitute.
The LDS second article of faith, which every True-Believing Mormon knows, reads: "We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression."
The Mormon second article of faith, therefore, is a half-truth and a false gospel. Men who do not place their faith in the true Jesus Christ will indeed die in their sins; beyond that, Jesus' blood covers the sin of others. The flip side of the Mormon 2nd article of faith is that the Mormon jesus was simply punished for Adam's sin to release us to "free agency."
“Contention is from Satan - not God.”
Jude 1-3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
n 1. a struggling between opponents; competition 2. dispute in an argument (esp in the phrase bone of contention) 3. (Literature / Rhetoric) a point asserted in argument [from Latin contenti & exertion, from contendere to contend] Collins English Dictionary
“He lives as a humanoid god on a star near Kolob along with his father god, bound by the physical world; he does not transcend the material.”
In this case, and being as how these two gods have been quite involved with this physical planet earth in the past, I would venture to say these two are watching with great excitement the coming election here on earth.
Not only these two gods, but I venture to say all of the inhabitants of Kolob are pulling for their man, Romney. I’m sure Kolob likes their TV star Glenn Beck too.
Some of these knuckleheads seem to forget about that the Constitution overrides the Bible as the law of the land.. Especially the 1st amendment..
Interestingly, it’s both Mormons and Catholics that take the most abuse of FR...but it’s not surprising considering that the conservative base is composed of a large number of Evangelicals who hold both those groups in equal “regard”...magritte
Point them out and rebut them or go home.
Thus sayeth the Szonian! Rule maker of all he surveyeth!
Btw.... I forgot to point out something in the original propaganda-post. I have made the correction to the statement below:
This is the Christ of the Bible in the way that we choose to interpret/believe it to be:
The lds jesus is NOT the Jesus of the Bible.
My Christian religion actually teaches that we MUST contend. So therefore I do.
Why should your religious teachings trump mine?
If they’re not willing to obey God’s command through Jude 3, perhaps they will obey Joseph Smith in Doctrine & Covenants 71.7:
“Wherefore debate thy cause with thy neighbor, and inasmuch as ye are faithful, their shame shall be made manifest.”
If they don’t believe in Joseph Smith enough to obey him, why should we?
But I think that the Mormons make a reasonable point when they say "Our church doctrines were arrived at via councils composed of men, and as a matter of fact, so were yours."
One could be a Nestorian, or a Socinian, or an Arian, and have an equal right to claim the title of "Christian". It's just that those beliefs failed to win the approval of the Roman and Catholic power structures and therefore have gone down in history as "heresies".
Contention is from Satan because we all are born with Original Sin and it is the nature of man to have to find the Truth. Truth will have to be searched for....and that is where all contention comes into existence....what is the Truth? Of course, Satan tries to obscure the Truth and twist the Truth so all contention surfaces because Satan is trying to prevent our Salvation. So yes, Contention is from Satan.
It does not follow that argument is evil—not if it is to find the Truth. Debate and argument are necessary to arrive at the Truth—that has occurred throughout Christian history. That is what is so great about the Christian religion....and what led to all the creativity and genius and invention—the Socratic idea—that the obvious is not so obvious and that introspection and argument are necessary to find the Truth.
Are you trying to say that people who disagree with an idea are to shut up because there is no absolute Truth? That is total rubbish and unChristian.
That would lead to mediocrity, nihilism and stagnant societies who could never find the truth in anything.....science or God.
***- Robert G. Ingersoll****
The word of GOD he hated lives on while he has rotted in his grave.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.