Skip to comments.KY-Sen./CT-Sen. 2010: Republican Liberty Caucus Endorses Rand Paul, Peter Schiff
Posted on 11/10/2009 4:32:27 PM PST by rabscuttle385
Its still early to be thinking about 2010 elections, but the Republican Liberty Caucus National Board has approved several endorsements for 2010 already.
Liberty fans across the country will be pleased to note that the RLC endorsed Rand Paul in his bid to become U.S. Senator in Kentucky, and Peter Schiff in his bid to represent Connecticut in the Senate.
The RLC has also endorsed Jason Shepherd for State Representative in Georgia, Shane Schoeller (Incumbent) for State Representative in Missouri, and Bill Hunt for Orange County Sheriff in California.
Our endorsements process has just begun, so please stay tuned for more endorsements of worthwhile, liberty-loving candidates. In 2008, the RLC endorsed over 220 pro-freedom candidates, many of whom were inspired to run as a result of RLC Advisory Board member Ron Pauls 2008 Presidential bid.
RLC members will be working to help all of the above candidates succeed. Our Connecticut and Kentucky chapters are in the process of chartering, which we believe will be tremendous assets to the Paul and Schiff campaigns as we head into 2010.
Oh yeah...you too!
Obviously the CT guy is challenging the corrupt Democrat Chris Dodd. Who is Mr. Paul challenging in KY?
Trying to replace Bunning
If republicans nominate candidates who are true conservatives and follow the traditional conservative principles of:
1. LIMITED GOVERNMENT
2. SLASHING GOVERNMENT SPENDING. HAVING A PLAN FOR REDUCING THE DEFICITS WITHOUT TAXATION. ELIMINATE ENTIRE FEDERAL DEPARTMENTS AND THEIR BUDGETS IS A GOOD WAY TO START. ELIMINATE WASTEFUL GOVERNMENT SPENDING BUREAUCRACY AND FEDERAL DEPARTMENTS THAT RUN DUPLICATE OPERATIONS. REIN IN DEFENSE CONTRACTORS THAT JACK UP PRICES WHEN DEALING WITH THE GOVERNMENT. JUST A FEW EXAMPLES.
3. A STRONG MILITARY AND NATIONAL DEFENSE AND NATIONAL SECURITY STRATEGY
4. EMPOWERING BUSINESSES SMALL AND LARGE BY CUTTING CORPORATE TAX RATES AMD A PRO GROWTH ECONOMIC RECOVERY WHICH INCLUDES CREATING JOBS BY EMPOWERING THE PRIAVTE SECTOR WHICH ALSO MEANS CUTTING INDIVIDUAL TAX RATES TO SPUR ECONOMIC GROWTH.
5. NOT ASHAMED TO BE PRO LIFE AND BELIEF IN GOD
6. EMBRACING THE CONSTITUTION AND THE PRINCIPLES OF OUR FOUNDING FATHERS
7. NOT ASHAMED OF OUR COUNTRY AND SHOW A DEEP SENSE OF NATIONAL PRIDE IN OUR COUNTRY AND ITS MANY GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
8. INVESTIGATING ALL CORRUPT ACTIVITY REGARDLESS OF PARTY
9. PASS LAWS THAT PROTECT ELECTIONS FROM VOTER FRAUD AND BALLOT STUFFING. PASS THE ENGLISH AS THE NATIONAL LANGUAGE LAW. PASS A VOTER I.D. LAW THAT REQUIRES PROOF OF US CITIZENSHIP TO VOTE.
10. ALLOW INSURANCE COMPANIES TO COMPETE ACROSS STATE LINES THUS ENABLING COMPETITION. PASS TORT REFORM LEGISLATION.
11. FORTIFY THE DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT.
12. CONTINUE THE WAR ON TERROR AGAINST THE NATION’S ENEMIES AGGRESSIVELY AND ON THEIR OWN HOME TURF ESPECIALLY IN AFGHANISTAN ET AL.
13. STAND UP FOR ISRAEL AGAINST ITS ENEMIES ESPECIALLY IRAN.
14. ACT ON THE EASTERN EUROPE MISSILE SHIELD IF THE COUNTRIES STILL WANT IT, MAKE SURE THEY GET IT
15. USE ANY METHOD AT ONES DISPOSAL TO KEEP IRAN FROM GETTING A NUKE. THREATEN TO LEAVE THE UN AND KICK IT OUT OF THE COUNTRY IF THEY DO NOT BRING INTENSE PRESSURE ON IRAN.
16. PROTECT THE SECOND AMENDMENT.
17. PROTECT FREEDOM OF SPEECH. REPEAL HATE CRIME LEGISLATION.
Is he challenging Bunning (who’s a Republican) or is Bunning retiring?
Bunning is retiring. Trey Grayson is the man who can win. Paul can’t and will lose to the Dem. We can’t give seats away next year.
We’ll see. Rand Paul is probably going to win the Republican nomination. If he does, he will probably easily beat the socialist. People like and trust Doctors.