Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

The Growing Prevalence of Monstrous Evil -
FHU.com ^ | 9/5/01 | Roy Masters

Posted on 09/05/2001 1:50:21 PM PDT by ppaul

We pray for the well-being of Chandra Levy.

>

Her disappearance is one more in a long line of monstrous evils, all too common these days. A new era is upon us. Something is compelling people to kill, destroy and lash out with uncontrollable rage. Why the increase in horrible events of violence, war, genocide, racism and hate crimes in the most advanced society, ever? The shocking answers show that a potential evil lives deep inside human nature. This may be the only way to explain why so many are becoming "Hitler wannabes," expressing themselves in unprecedented violence.

For the rest of the article, click HERE.

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-40 next last
Everything nowadays gets blamed on insanity or madness, or depravation of resources, or counseling, ad nauseaum.
Why is it so hard for society, and our leaders, to recognize that some behavior is just plain EVIL?
1 posted on 09/05/2001 1:50:21 PM PDT by ppaul
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: ppaul
Problem is, violent crime is in decline.

Your thesis is flawed.

2 posted on 09/05/2001 2:02:49 PM PDT by JohnGalt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Why is it so hard for society, and our leaders, to recognize that some behavior is just plain EVIL?

Amen. Look at Andrea Yates, the Texas mother who drowned her five children in the bathtub. The oldest boy was the last to die. When his mother brought him into the bathroom and he saw his baby sister laying there dead, he ran off. His mother had to chase him down and drag him back into the bathroom to drown him.

This was not a sudden, emotional outburst. This was a very well-planned, calculated, methodical program of action by an evil mind. But The National Organization for Women has taken up her defense, claiming that Yates suffered from post-partum depression.

Of course. Blame it on the pregnancy. Another argument in favor of having a drive-through abortion clinic on each and every street corner. The feminists don't breathe a whisper about actually holding this woman responsible for these hideous crimes.

3 posted on 09/05/2001 2:04:47 PM PDT by Bryan

To: JohnGalt
Perhaps the occurrences of violent crime are declining, but would you disagree that the events themselves are growing more heinous with every passing day?
4 posted on 09/05/2001 2:06:59 PM PDT by Demosthenes
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Problem is, violent crime is in decline. Your thesis is flawed.

I am a paralegal and I've spent nearly all of my 13-year career working for a criminal defense attorney. I've looked at Justice Department statistics every year and yes, you're right in a way. Generally, violent crimes are down. But the decrease is most visible in crimes that have an obvious motive, such as armed robberies.

My perception is that the number of completely senseless and brutal attacks -- attacks for no apparent reason, other than pure hatred -- is on the increase. The Yates case is just an example.

5 posted on 09/05/2001 2:08:39 PM PDT by Bryan

To: Demosthenes
No.

Opportunistic ghouls are still trying to make a buck off human misery just as they have always done; just now they can peddle their wares on the Internet.

6 posted on 09/05/2001 2:11:09 PM PDT by JohnGalt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

When I first heard Roy Masters on the radio more than 20 years ago, I thought he was a nut, to put it mildly. The older I get, the more sense he makes.
7 posted on 09/05/2001 2:12:43 PM PDT by longleaf

To: Bryan
My perception is that the number of completely senseless and brutal attacks -- attacks for no apparent reason, other than pure hatred -- is on the increase. The Yates case is just an example.

I think it is a hatred of themselves, or more likely their own lives, than a hatred of you or I.
If you put no value on your own life, what is mine worth to you?
Jack-diddly-squat

8 posted on 09/05/2001 2:18:12 PM PDT by dtel
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

no, crime is up in all categories, is all around us,and the next wave is growing up(14-17 years old)
9 posted on 09/05/2001 2:18:56 PM PDT by green team 1999

It is human nature to think that one lives "in interesting times," as the ancient Chinese curse goes, however, your anecdotal evidence is not that convincing. I suggest reading stories about Missouri and Kansas in the Civil War for lesson on sheer brutality.
10 posted on 09/05/2001 2:20:23 PM PDT by JohnGalt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: green team 1999
Care to document that?
11 posted on 09/05/2001 2:21:17 PM PDT by JohnGalt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

I'm familiar with what happened in Kansas and western Missouri during the Civil War. There was a war on, JohnGalt. This is supposed to be peacetime. How many times during the Civil War did school children bring guns to school and shoot their fellow students? How many parents murdered their own children?
12 posted on 09/05/2001 2:26:27 PM PDT by Bryan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Bah. "Unprecedented violence" my foot. We are living in the least violent time of all of history, and violence keeps decreasing worldwide. War, killing, rape and all other horrors have been with us forever.
13 posted on 09/05/2001 2:27:29 PM PDT by FreedomIsSimple

To: FreedomIsSimple
We are living in the least violent time of all of history.....

How do you define "our time?" If you are a student of history, then you know that there has never been more bloodshed and loss of human life than in our time. Never have senseless crimes been more prevalent. Scoffing will not change that reality.

14 posted on 09/05/2001 2:42:33 PM PDT by ppaul
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Several of the most violent acts in the Missouri, Kansas Civil War ere were pre-War, but I add that I am not sure whether a war or not rationalizes the behavior.

With these recent sensational killings, at least it is clear that there is a common thread, a common denominator, that allows my ability to reason to make sense of it all. Whether it was Dylan Klebold or Andrea Yates, they were all using heavy anti-depressant drugs and abruptly discontinued use. The manic depressive mood they found themselves in led them to commit horrible acts.

Lizzy Borden, Jack the Ripper, et al; they offer my ability to reason no such luxury for understanding.

There is a degree of the ecoNazi's playbook at work in such claims:

"Hot day, ain't it?"

"Must be global warming; the sky is falling; the end is near..."

I am far more concerned with the lack of freedom that is tolerated by a vast majority of Americans.

I far more worried about a society that runs for the doors and hides insteads of tackling a shot gun wielding kid-- think about that one.

I am petrified by a generation of parents that think casual sex is fine, smoking and drinking are bad, and Ridilin is candy.

15 posted on 09/05/2001 2:45:26 PM PDT by JohnGalt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

The Growing Prevalence of Monstrous Evil

By Roy Masters

We pray for the well-being of Chandra Levy. Her disappearance is one more in a long line of monstrous evils, all too common these days. A new era is upon us. Something is compelling people to kill, destroy and lash out with uncontrollable rage. Why the increase in horrible events of violence, war, genocide, racism and hate crimes in the most advanced society, ever? The shocking answers show that a potential evil lives deep inside human nature. This may be the only way to explain why so many are becoming "Hitler wannabes," expressing themselves in unprecedented violence.

A friend once told me that when he was 5 years old he remembered playing with his friends, when suddenly a voice said to him, "Pick up that stone and crush that boy's head." He picked it up and then dropped it and ran away. He was not alone in hearing such voices. In one 1990 study, done by the National Institute of Mental Health, more than 3 million people reported that they hear voices, with some regularity. This does not include classic schizophrenics.

We all have irrational thoughts that enter our minds. We need to recognize and resolve these issues but we are not taught how. Gone are the days when we can ignore the impact of the unseen on human behavior. Our ignorance and denial have cost us countless lives.

Cruel forces slip unbidden into our minds as the result of excessive emotionality, the very same emotionality so widely encouraged in entertainment, some religions, psychiatry and academia. Men and women have heard voices since the dawn of time. They are often quite real and are not necessarily the result of imagination, as the experts like to rationalize. They exist. Here's how they get in. When you're angry and upset the conscious sentry falls asleep, leaving open the door of your mind. It is the emotions that usher the dark guest in.

Evil prefers smoldering emotions, the kind you don't express. It is those "seething emotions" you feel toward people who are bigger and stronger than you, those you can't fight, resist or escape from. This kind of resentment is basically a hypnotic emotion, encouraged by the underworld because it works against you. Resentment taints healthy emotions. It perverts the natural inclination to do good, and causes us to serve and do evil. It will even cause you to have a perverse sympathy for those who abuse you.

Hostility, the kind evoked by cruelty, makes us lose control and return evil for evil. It tends to change our allegiance and sympathies in favor of those we hate. The result is that we either become a slave of them, often thinking we love our over-lords, or we become a hate object ourselves. This is why kids go to school and kill. When they get mean enough, powerful enough, and strong enough; when they become hatefully confident enough when that planted rage takes over inside them, then they will do anything, even kill.

More than 40,000 people are murdered every year, half in family feuds. A cult of child killers has risen in our midst. Kip Kinkle is a 15-year-old Oregon boy who killed both his parents and several classmates. Not to justify his monstrous crime, but you couldn't have a worse combination than two programmed liberal schoolteacher parents, two hypocrites. Certainly, not all but some teachers have allowed themselves to be brainwashed. They went to school, jumped through all the hoops for the authority of that sheepskin. Most teachers don't realize they've exchanged common sense in order to become political change agents over innocent children. Many kids know this and hate teachers, the system and learning.

A convicted Utah serial killer, Gary Gilmore, wanted to be executed in a hurry. He said, "If you don't stop me, I'll kill again." Like Ted Bundy, who also told the court that he should be executed, the Utah serial killer knew that some kind of evil has entered them. Killers who want to be executed are not necessarily evil people, because they recognize that evil has control of them. This man knew that he could not stop himself and would kill again. I might have helped this man. While others (many politicians are in this group) are rotten all the way through, some serial killers know they need to be stopped but don't know how to stop themselves.

There is a reason why the victims of so many serial killers are women and why all the women they stalk and kill have certain characteristics. Their victims have the same characteristics as the killers’ mothers. Most serial killers hate their parents, usually their mothers. Sad to say, many of these mothers grow up to be programmed man haters because of abusive fathers, to take it out on their innocent male offspring.

Projecting hate, a frustrating serial addiction, caused these mothers to become more and more wicked, cursing, and degrading their sons with such venom that these boys’ hatred for her tormenting personality came early. This kind of parental torment is obvious, but there is another kind. Parents, bosses and even health-care workers are often silky sweet, never raising their voices much beyond a whisper, destroying by an ugly intent lurking behind the mask of hypocrisy. Their phony, intimidating affection sucks the life out of their victims. This is the kind of mother Ted Bundy had.

Bundy, like so many other men, identified with his mother, became his mother inside. In time she displaced him, but it wasn’t really her. It was the evil that lived inside her which had already displaced her. Bundy’s rage exploded into a murderous orgy when he discovered that surrendering his substance to his tyrant mother was never enough. The more he sacrificed himself the hungrier his tormentor became. Twisted people, separated from God, have no other life source, no energy, except what they steal. This is why monsters take life away from innocent, unaware children. The innocent then are transformed into the likeness of the guilty, some of them shaped to become future tormentors.

The serial killer harbors a terrible hatred that compels him to want to kill his parents. But he usually can't do that. Do you know why? Because his violator parents became his god, the ground of his twisted inner being. If he killed his mother, he too would cease to exist. So he projects onto others a rage he can never express toward those who transferred sin to him. But don't we all project onto others?

A serial killer's compulsion to kill finds a woman who satisfies the female-centered monster inside him. He actually takes pleasure in killing a "familiar female," retrieving that rush of power, lost during his innocence. It’s the rush, the feeling of life-force during the kill, that he lives for.

Through murder, the killer vents the hatred for his parent(s) or spouse by projecting his hate onto victims with similar characteristics. He simply has to kill someone. This isn’t always carried out in an ordinary sense.

Some killings are bloodless. Parents who degrade their children are doing the same thing to a lesser degree — drawing energy, life-force, from the tortured upsetting of their children. We don't want to believe we have anything in common with serial killers. But most of us do. Let’s look at this a little closer.

The boss who had a fight with his wife one morning lost energy. He comes to work and takes it out on his employees. The employees go home and take it out on their spouses. Wives and husbands take the energy from the children, unaware of the degree of their evil. The older children retrieve their lost energy from the smaller children. Then the smaller kids take out their pain on their pets.

The same kind of thing happens, in a much more severe way, to create serial killers. Because the cruelty done to that person is so great and over long periods of time, they’ve become totally transformed. The only way they can get relief from their tormentor, now inside them, is to destroy as they have been destroyed. They get high off that rush of energy, that fleeting sense of power over the victim.

Killers and the abused are both captives of an evil system. They're "prisoners of bad, symbiotic relationships." Most were given the agonizing choice of becoming the thing they hated or become subservient to the person they hated. They are often forced to feed themselves, their souls, to their tyrants until they either die, rebel, kill or are killed.

Not all serial killers are void of conscience. In other words, some were really sweet kids when they were young, but parents hated the sweetness and did their best to kill it. Do you understand that, in effect, the "Hitler personality" is attracted to people who are vulnerable? The presence of a bright, spirited child drives an angry parent "sane." Terribly conflicted parents are driven to put out that shining spirit. Some even murder their children. You can’t imagine what children go through. In my book How Your Mind Can Keep You Well is the secret to tapping into the power that can help you recover your childhood innocence and deprogram you from doing this kind of thing to your child.

Hated children think that there must be something wrong with them. So when they try to please their parents it only makes the feared parents meaner, feeding their monsters. With serial killers, their rage and the need to feed the parent that they carry within is carried to extremes. To some degree we all have that problem. Most people internalize this anger, which then morphs into a variety of diseases and disorders. In the case of our killer, he killed the first victim to vent, to kill in effigy, an attempt to get back his lost life-force. For him there had to be a sacrificial lamb.

During the kill, he felt alive, for a moment. But later because of conscience, if he has one, he feels more anguish. To assuage the guilt, he must offer the life he took from the victim to his tormentor parent, who only becomes a bigger monster; so he kills again. The more he kills, the more pain accrues. And as with all addictions, there is never any release.

Each time he surrenders life, he becomes more hateful and more conflicted. Again and again he tries to relieve the guilt through that rush that comes from stealing life. Alas, in order to get the validation for his parent’s (most likely mom’s) identity inside him he must absorb more and more life from the people he murders. He again offers the lives to his internal parent, who is never satisfied. This is how murder becomes addictive and political despots become more powerful. A human chain of "doing unto others" (that rush) is formed. Politically speaking, the chain passes the power and life of entire populations to the dictator at the top.

But violence toward others can never release the pain. It intensifies pain. The guilt becomes worse. Serial killers have to go on killing to relieve their guilt. All they can look forward to is more abuse, often self-inflicted by the parent within. Taking their guilt out on others is the glue of their addiction. It is, in a sense, tantamount to the spiritual murder of innocence.

It was too late for one serial killer. He realized that he could not go on living his life anymore. He went home and killed his mother. She was terribly degrading to him, even on the day of her death. He cut her head off and stuffed the head between her legs. As if relieved, he then turned himself in to the police. This was once an innocent child, not born a serial killer, but turned into one. There is good news in all this morbidity. There is redemption, even for serial killers. Surely you, too, can change and be saved.

The above comments were excerpted and edited from a radio interview with Roy Masters by David Ruben of STRANGE UNIVERSE whose show can be heard on Saturday and Sunday nights on Talk Radio Network.

16 posted on 09/05/2001 2:45:44 PM PDT by HalfIrish
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: FreedomIsSimple
See my post 6...
17 posted on 09/05/2001 2:46:26 PM PDT by JohnGalt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: HalfIrish
Oops
18 posted on 09/05/2001 2:46:26 PM PDT by HalfIrish
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Chandra's disappearance could be a sign that she's been murdered. And there isn't a person alive who loves somebody who isn't affected by this.

However ....

Do we feel the same sort of concern when a poacher is killed by a rancher? That's what Chandra was doing. She was poaching. She knew Condit was married. I'm not excusing one iota of Condit's atrocious behavior throughout the media ordeal.

I do, however, object to the canonization of Ms. Levy. She was not an innocent. She'd had several affairs with married men before in California. Did she deserve her fate? No. Did she knowingly go forth with the affair? Yes. Did she knowingly attempt to break-up a marriage, and did she harbor fantasies of being the latest Mrs. Condit? Yes.

So, if someone's poached before on other ranchers' lands, and if they knowingly trespass and stalk your own cattle, and if they happen to disappear, how would you feel about them?

19 posted on 09/05/2001 2:55:07 PM PDT by That Poppins Woman

To: That Poppins Woman
Murdering your intern/lover = same as shooting a "poacher?"

You have a unique perspective, that's for sure.

20 posted on 09/05/2001 2:59:22 PM PDT by ppaul
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-40 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson