Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Tower Survivor's Sis, Niece on Jet That Hit It
New York Daily News ^ | 9/13/01 | AP

Posted on 09/13/2001 3:11:02 AM PDT by kattracks

Ronnie Clifford managed to escape the burning World Trade Center before it crumbled to the ground. He later learned that his sister and niece were on one of the two hijacked planes that hit it, his brother said.

"Tragically, my sister hit the tower building as my brother was on the ground floor," John Clifford, of Cork, told Irish television yesterday.

"I was very concerned when the two buildings collapsed because I knew Ronnie worked in one. He phoned to say he made it."

But Ronnie later "had a feeling" their sister, Ruth McCourt, might have been on one of the doomed planes, John Clifford said.

McCourt, 45, of Westford, Mass., and her 4-year-old daughter, Juliana, had boarded United Airlines Flight 175 in Boston that morning for a trip to Los Angeles.

The Associated Press

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 09/13/2001 3:11:02 AM PDT by kattracks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: kattracks
My prayers and deepest sympathies to this poor man and his family.
2 posted on 09/13/2001 3:15:56 AM PDT by Disgusted in Texas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: kattracks,Thinkin' Gal,babylonian,TrueBeliever9,Prodigal Daughter,RnMomof7,Zadokite,Jeremiah Jr
A blessing, one saved...and a curse...two lost.
3 posted on 09/13/2001 3:25:53 AM PDT by 2sheep

To: kattracks
God bless and comfort this family.
4 posted on 09/13/2001 3:49:54 AM PDT by kassie (God Bless America)

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson