Iraqi Daily ^ | September 17, 2001 | Saddam Hussein propaganda

Posted on 09/17/2001 8:32:37 AM PDT by Moonlight Graham

Has a nice sound to it "Operation Screaming Eagle..."

TOPICS: Foreign Affairs; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 09/17/2001 8:32:38 AM PDT by Moonlight Graham
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Moonlight Graham
If we really launch a total US offensive, the only preparation possible will be for the Iraqis to bend over and kiss their asses goodbye.
2 posted on 09/17/2001 8:34:39 AM PDT by TruthShallSetYouFree
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: TruthShallSetYouFree
http://www.iraqdaily.com/ The Daily Babel (what an approprite newspaper name!) has no website.
3 posted on 09/17/2001 8:38:57 AM PDT by Moonlight Graham
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

I thought it was "NOBLE EAGLE".
4 posted on 09/17/2001 8:40:30 AM PDT by UCANSEE2

Can we get John Lewis (D-Georgia) to tell Iraq to "Beware the Wrath of the American People! Beware!"
5 posted on 09/17/2001 8:45:50 AM PDT by Doctor Freeze

To: UCANSEE2
It is, but he is thinking the next stage, such as Desert Shield turned into desert storm.

Yes, Saddam, I think we are done messing with you. Jr. is gonna finish what Sr. started. Except this time Jr. is royally pissed off, and some off the cuff remark is gonna get you smacked and smacked hard!!

This Operation Noble Eagle, is open to all comers, and Iraq, you're more then welcome to come join the party. We will turn baghdad into rubble and you will be thrown from power.

I am tired of all this posturing by a bunch of weakkneed patsy middle east countries that go after civilians, these countries need to be destroyed and thier governments replaced. We are done, our patience is gone!!

You don't want to respect us, well prepare to fear us, because if you're on the list, you have plenty to fear!!
6 posted on 09/17/2001 8:49:48 AM PDT by Aric2000
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Aric2000
Isnt the 101st Airborne named Screaming Eagles too?
7 posted on 09/17/2001 9:26:10 AM PDT by Moonlight Graham
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

The day after the attack last week, Saddam Hussein issued a statement that said "the cowboy from Texas is in over his head."

He hasn't been heard from since -- I wonder what is going on there.

I speculated last night that he may know something that tells him he won't live to see October.

8 posted on 09/17/2001 9:33:05 AM PDT by Alberta's Child

Screaming Eagle would be appropriate
9 posted on 09/17/2001 9:36:50 AM PDT by sonsofliberty2000

Thank You. You are correct, I missed the 'tense' of the wording. "is to come".

And it is a terrific name.

10 posted on 09/17/2001 10:08:19 AM PDT by UCANSEE2

To: to all
How much information is too much? I suppose that any attack that we make on the enemy will be a secret (at least for a time until after the attack has been carried out), but it seems to me that the press is just giving out too much information about our reactions and our plans. Seeing our pain must have the enemy laughing their socks off. To know that some of our enemies are preparing themselves for attacks ahead is not good news to me. Should we just keep quiet and let them wonder?
11 posted on 09/17/2001 10:17:13 AM PDT by lucy1

Note to Iraq & Saddam: You (nor anybody else) are going to last 60 seconds against a "total US response". But, you WILL get the watered down version (very watered down).
12 posted on 09/17/2001 10:22:50 AM PDT by timydnuc

Notice how the Bush Administration keeps mentioning Bin-Laden. Bin-Laden, Bin-Laden. The whole world is focused on what might happen in Afghanistan and with Bin-Laden. Personally, I think this is a clever feint. Anytime now, I expect Baghdad to be lit up like a Christmas tree. Once the Iraqi government is destroyed and Sadaam's "Elite" Republican Guard is finished surrendering to CNN camera crews, we can move in our troops and turn it into a staging area for any future strikes.
13 posted on 09/17/2001 3:35:42 PM PDT by SamAdams76

101st Airborne? Never heard of 'em. /sarcasm off
14 posted on 09/17/2001 3:51:28 PM PDT by NeonKnight
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson