Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Ways a President Al Gore Would Be Dealing With This War
DailyWonkLists.com ^ | 10.05.01 | DailyWonkLists.com

Posted on 10/06/2001 7:35:51 AM PDT by DailyWonkLists.com

I mean, just look at the guy! Can you imagine?

TOPICS: Miscellaneous; Political Humor/Cartoons
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-8081 next last

1 posted on 10/06/2001 7:35:51 AM PDT by DailyWonkLists.com
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: DailyWonkLists.com
He's probably saying "ha ha...those chads weren't hanging after all. Thank goodness."
2 posted on 10/06/2001 8:13:13 AM PDT by TomGuy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

I'm not at all sure whether Al Gore would be capable of growing a full-length beard without first hiring an adviser who specializes in beard imagery. Also, you could add a turban adviser.
3 posted on 10/06/2001 8:15:36 AM PDT by Cicero

Don't fool yourself!!

Al Gore is just as patriotic as anyone. He would be doing much the same as President Bush.

The presidential playbook for war is well-worn with earmarks from the past.

4 posted on 10/06/2001 8:21:17 AM PDT by CROSSHIGHWAYMAN

To: CROSSHIGHWAYMAN
Yeah, that's why we're hearing a collective "phew" from lots of former Gore supporters.
5 posted on 10/06/2001 8:24:24 AM PDT by alnick
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Wonkmeister!! Forget ALBORE!!!!!!!Imagine if this was Hiterly as POTUS!!! Now there is a thought more chilling, more frightening than anything bin Laden could conjure up!!!!!!
6 posted on 10/06/2001 8:25:31 AM PDT by Doc Savage

Top Level White House Group Hugs.

--Boris

7 posted on 10/06/2001 8:26:37 AM PDT by boris

The presidential playbook for war is well-worn with earmarks from the past.

I hope that was meant as sarcasm. Democrat presidents have poor at dealing with foreign affairs since LBJ. Did Carter do a good job with Iran? Clinton with Somalia and Kosovo?

8 posted on 10/06/2001 8:28:53 AM PDT by Straight Vermonter

To: boris
Gore's cabinet would be a bunch of political pay-backs, environmentalists and appeasers. His ever-changing personality would have shifted to militant (as he read the polls) and he would have done a Clintonesque PR bombing, making things worse. Later he would snap back to pressure from his peacenik advisors and pull back completely. It would be a presidency run by weekly polls. Bush doesn't care about the polls, and neither do the people around him. They care about results. We are lucky. We should use this occasion to shore up the country.
9 posted on 10/06/2001 8:33:12 AM PDT by Vinomori
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

10 posted on 10/06/2001 8:33:23 AM PDT by TaRaRaBoomDeAyGoreLostToday!

I don't know. Remember, during his post election coup attempt, how unbalanced he seemed to become? Lord only knows what state of mind he would be in now. It's that mental state, not his patriotism, that would be the problem.
11 posted on 10/06/2001 8:36:06 AM PDT by Freemyland

I'm with you. I don't think Algore would have responded all that much differently to the crisis. He may be a pointy-headed liberal twerp but deep down inside, he's as American as the rest of us. However, it is clear that the Bush Administration is far more prepared to handle this crisis than would be an Algore Administration, which would have been chock-full of politically correct appointees and various Clinton flacks and hangers-on. This crisis would have resulted in a major shakeup in Gore's Administration as qualified people would have to be found. With Bush, we had qualified people like Cheney, Rumsfeld, Powell and Rice already in place.
12 posted on 10/06/2001 8:37:04 AM PDT by SamAdams76

Al Gore is just as patriotic as anyone. He would be doing much the same as President Bush.

Yeah right. Gore would have probably sued the airline industry and whoever built the WTC for causing enviornmental damage.

13 posted on 10/06/2001 8:39:02 AM PDT by Extremely Extreme Extremist

#11: Call bin Laden and concede war on terrorism, then call back 20 minutes later, say he changed his mind, and caution Osama "not to get snippy about it." Thus plunge Afghanistan into month-long court fight over who leads Afghanistan.

BWAHAHAHA

14 posted on 10/06/2001 8:39:52 AM PDT by fnord

True - but I think George Bush has a confidence brought on by his faith and his belief in our people in uniform, and surrounds himself with likeminded patriots.

Gore would have the standing, but his advisors would come from the military hatting left, so there would be no consensus and I wonder if Gore would have the strength of character to hold such a group together.

Gore would not go into coalition building from a position of strength, because World Leaders would look upon him as Clinton lite and not to be trusted. He also would depend too much on our long range technology and would be afraid to take casualties.

Make me grateful to be a Florida Voter.

15 posted on 10/06/2001 8:41:56 AM PDT by DSHambone

Just as patriotic but not as "military friendly". And I wonder if Gore would have a Colin Powell, Rumsfeld and Condi Rice. Or willing to pump up the military. I doubt it.

16 posted on 10/06/2001 8:42:51 AM PDT by BunnySlippers

Dude, you have got to be kidding!

Are you forgetting the underhanded illegal dealings this scumbag was constantly engaged in?

Not to mention the fact that Gore would still be running public poles to decide what to do, or consulting College psychology professors to try to understand what we did to make them hate us so much......

17 posted on 10/06/2001 8:43:50 AM PDT by PSYCHO-FREEP

After all this, he'd give up and blame the whole thing on the right wing Republicans in Congress. And the networks would agree.
18 posted on 10/06/2001 8:44:57 AM PDT by Scott from the Left Coast

Al would be mixing his earth tones, and going khaki, with a touch of Army olive, though I don't know how he'd blend in the footwear.Decisions, decisions.
19 posted on 10/06/2001 8:45:52 AM PDT by habs4ever

1. Hiding under the bed
2. Converting to Islam (he already has the beard)
3. Offering to give them Florida for the establishment of a Palestinian State if they won't bomb us anymore.

20 posted on 10/06/2001 8:47:55 AM PDT by WalterSkinner

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-8081 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson