Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Intercepted Communications Give Credence to FBI Warning
Fox News Channel | 10/11/01 | Carl cameron and Linda Vester

Posted on 10/11/2001 8:00:12 PM PDT by dep

Just broadcast: Carl Cameron has obtained intercepted communications from among terrorist cells. These indicated that just before the September attack, terrorists were arguing whether to bring Osama in on an attack they had planned in Europe, one arguing that Osama was busy with something else, much, much bigger.

He also cited a communique in which there was discussion of huge caches of "unimaginable" weapons in the caves near Kandahar, which the money men came to see as part of learning Osama's plans -- that they hated America. Many of the weapons, according to the intercepted communication, came from China.

Cameron reported that the terrorists in the exchange have been arrested, one just yesterday.

Linda Vester said that they had not broadcast the entire series of communiques they had received. White as a sheet and truly frightened, she said mentioned poison attacks following an attack on Afghanistan, "well, poison and a number of other weapons."

Vester has been round the block and doesn't rattle easily, and she sounded absolutely terrified.

dep

TOPICS: Breaking News; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 521-524 next last

1 posted on 10/11/2001 8:00:12 PM PDT by dep
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: dep
Bump Bump for this thread. This is major news. These guys were arrested, but they hint at other attacks planned by Bin Laden. Not conjecture, but THEIR communications. Also, anyone see that part about the Chinese???
2 posted on 10/11/2001 8:03:50 PM PDT by Skywalk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

If true, WOW.
3 posted on 10/11/2001 8:03:52 PM PDT by CoolGuyVic

I caught the end of it, and think I saw something about rockets? BTW, Linda is the best female reporter out there, bar none. She's RIPPING this iraqi sympathizer right now.
4 posted on 10/11/2001 8:04:58 PM PDT by Golden Eagle

Many of the weapons, according to the intercepted communication, came from China.

They are all fire crackers now. What does bill clinton know and when did he know it?

5 posted on 10/11/2001 8:05:17 PM PDT by SSN558

I saw Cameron's report...VERY chilling. Much of this can be laid at the feet of the treasonous Clinton bastards.
6 posted on 10/11/2001 8:05:38 PM PDT by clintonh8r

If it's nukes... it's been nice knowing you all.
7 posted on 10/11/2001 8:05:49 PM PDT by IncPen

To: dep; Askel5;
BUMP * BUMP * BUMP
China is the ultimate enemy as this scenario unfolds.
8 posted on 10/11/2001 8:06:48 PM PDT by father_elijah

To: Golden Eagle
The one thing I don't understand is why people don't address the use of the term "embargo." Linda would have done us all a service by pointing out the difference between sanctions and an embargo, and continuing to hammer home the point that the sanctions alone would not be enough to starve or kill Iraqis.

Instead, it is Saddam using his people as a propaganda tool that is the problem. Sadly, he is not the only "leader" that engages in this form of victimprop.

9 posted on 10/11/2001 8:07:32 PM PDT by Skywalk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

OK, where is everybody whos been making fun of my call sign for the last few months?
10 posted on 10/11/2001 8:08:00 PM PDT by ChinaThreat

I saw this also...the part about the Chinese being involved scared the He!! out of me.

MKM

11 posted on 10/11/2001 8:08:01 PM PDT by mykdsmom

To: IncPen
It could be that this weapns cache was blown up today. There was a target hit today that burned brightly for hours..
12 posted on 10/11/2001 8:09:28 PM PDT by Skip Ripley
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Linda Vester ALWAYS looks terrified with those big eyes of hers that she bugs out for emphasis. She is the campiest of all the FOXnews drama queens. She looks terrified when she reports that the price of gasoline is rising. That's just Linda.
13 posted on 10/11/2001 8:09:40 PM PDT by Palladin

To: IncPen
If it's nukes... it's been nice knowing you all.

Something about Bush's demeanor EARLY in the press conference freaked me out a little tonight. I almost felt he was either exhausted (probably more correct) or had just learned something EXTREMELY horrible and chilling. Later on, he got better, but at first I was creeped out by his demeanor.

14 posted on 10/11/2001 8:10:09 PM PDT by hispanarepublicana
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Skip Ripley
You were reading my mind. Where was that located?
15 posted on 10/11/2001 8:10:34 PM PDT by Aggie Mama
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: mykdsmom
"I saw this also...the part about the Chinese being involved scared the He!! out of "

I just saw "from China", not "being supplied by China".

Not that I trust the Chinese, mind you...

16 posted on 10/11/2001 8:10:36 PM PDT by CoolGuyVic
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: ChinaThreat
OK, where is everybody whos been making fun of my call sign for the last few months?

Not me...

17 posted on 10/11/2001 8:10:57 PM PDT by Interesting Times
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: Skip Ripley
This thread is alarming, but I have a more mundane question. It's 11:07 pm on the east coast as I post this, but the post times all say a very different time (i.e., NOT 8:07pm pst). Is the server crashing? Does anyone else see this problem?
18 posted on 10/11/2001 8:11:03 PM PDT by Petronski
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

There seemed to be some inference that the weapons could be ignited by our bunker buster bombs. That could be some type of bioligical plague like smallpox it would appear.
19 posted on 10/11/2001 8:11:26 PM PDT by Golden Eagle

To: mykdsmom
well, peggy noonan mentioned at the top of the show -- and, by the way, if you want to see really intelligent television, watch a discussion between vester and noonan -- that what we're talking here is world war III.

dep

20 posted on 10/11/2001 8:11:27 PM PDT by dep
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 521-524 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson