Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Uprising

Posted on 11/04/2001 9:06:02 PM PST by BigBlueJon

I'm watching "Uprising" tonight and it's reminding me of an article that was posted once. It was about how one man with a pistol can start a revolution. I can't recall the exact article, and I can't find it under search. Can anyone help to find the article? Thanks.

TOPICS: Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 11/04/2001 9:06:02 PM PST by BigBlueJon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: BigBlueJon
That might have been a reference to the First World War having been started by a pistol wielding revolutionary who shot some Austro-Hungarian King in a tiny Adriatic republic.
2 posted on 11/04/2001 9:10:22 PM PST by rm3friskerFTN
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Comment #3 Removed by Moderator

To: rm3friskerFTN
That might have been a reference to the First World War having been started by a pistol wielding revolutionary who shot some Austro-Hungarian King in a tiny Adriatic republic.

Thanks, but I'm sure it was another article. Something about a pistol to a rifle to an army. Not sure.

4 posted on 11/04/2001 9:16:35 PM PST by BigBlueJon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: ChareltonHest
That's the one, I think. Thanks. Now, can anyone find it and repost?
5 posted on 11/04/2001 9:18:25 PM PST by BigBlueJon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Here's one copy:

"WHAT GOOD CAN A HANDGUN DO AGAINST AN ARMY.....?" by Mike Vanderboegh.

6 posted on 11/04/2001 9:20:02 PM PST by DuncanWaring

To: rm3friskerFTN
It was archduke Francis Ferdinand who was shot by Gavrilo Princip in Sarajevo. He was hier to the Austrian throne. Although he was born 3rd in line to the throne after his father and brother, but of them met untimely deaths (his brother killed himself and his mistress).
7 posted on 11/04/2001 9:22:54 PM PST by monkeyshine
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: DuncanWaring
Thanks much!
8 posted on 11/04/2001 9:23:36 PM PST by BigBlueJon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: ChareltonHest
Hey C H, sorry, I was halfway watching, halfway reading and didn't see the second part of your reply. Channel 4 (NBC) at 9PM. It's still on and getting better.
9 posted on 11/04/2001 9:50:22 PM PST by BigBlueJon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: monkeyshine
I saw a documentary on history channel a while back (I wish I recorded it now!) that showed on a map the path the limo took after the first failed shot and through the second one that killed Ferdinand. Seems the driver went around the block and went right back to the place where the shooter was so as to give him a second chance.

I saw part I last night and I thought it was very good. I plan to watch part II tonight. This movie reminds me of The Patriot with M. Gibson except it is set in Poland c 1942. This movie is palpably pro-firearm.

10 posted on 11/05/2001 3:21:44 AM PST by Jason_b
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

"Uprising" part 2 is on tonight at 9PM pacific on NBC. Great show and is very pro arming of the citizens.
11 posted on 11/05/2001 6:24:11 PM PST by BigBlueJon

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson