Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

A day in the life of President Bush (photos): 11/11/01
yahoo.com, excite.com, whitehouse.gov | 11/11/01

Posted on 11/11/2001 4:45:26 PM PST by rintense

In the first public Sunday event in a long time, President Bush attended a special Veteran's Day breakfast this morning in NYC as well as a ceremony remembering the victims of the WTC attacks.

Text of the President's Speech

Enjoy your daily dose of Dubya!

TOPICS: Miscellaneous; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 121-126 next last

Vote for George W. Bush as Sexiest Politician!

QUOTE OF THE DAY: Our veterans gave America some of the best years of their lives, and stood ready to give life itself. For all that, America's 25 million veterans have the deep respect of their fellow citizens, and the enduring gratitude of a nation they so nobly served.

1 posted on 11/11/2001 4:45:26 PM PST by rintense
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: mombonn; ejo; Fiddlstix; lawgirl; Teacup; Miss Marple; Wait4Truth; TruthNtegrity; TXBubba...
That's South African President Thabo Mbeki...

2 posted on 11/11/2001 4:47:49 PM PST by rintense
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: rintense
Great pictures. Where did that podium come from?
3 posted on 11/11/2001 4:50:41 PM PST by MistyCA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Colombian President Andres Pastrana...

That's Argentine President Fernando de la Rua...

4 posted on 11/11/2001 4:52:48 PM PST by rintense

5 posted on 11/11/2001 4:54:58 PM PST by rintense

Click Here for the Billie and Snow Bunny
tribute to FR Vets and active Duty Personnel.

6 posted on 11/11/2001 4:55:21 PM PST by 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub

In the end of the day, I usually search for your post. And if I'm lucky, it works wonders 'cause my spirit soars again. Thanks.
7 posted on 11/11/2001 4:56:00 PM PST by truther

Good pictures tonight, thanks rintense. The President gave a good Veteran's Day speech, hope you all heard it.
8 posted on 11/11/2001 5:01:46 PM PST by KansasConservative

Wonderful pictures rintense. Thank you so much for these and all you do.
9 posted on 11/11/2001 5:02:54 PM PST by Snow Bunny

I just want to say that today i my first day posting on this site. I have enjoyed seeing the daily dose of a president we can once again be proud of. As a 22 year old college male, who has always admired the Reagan and Bush families, it is a joy to find a site such as this. I also laugh at the admiration you women have for a fellow Texan. He is indeed a great president though. Every since i was young I was a conservative republican i guess. In fact in sixth-grade I got detention after election day when Bush lost. My teacher, for a bonus question asked us what Billy's official title was and i responded that it was "Sleazebag" turns out i was a great judge of character. Any how, thanks alot and maybe one day, since i am into politics i'll be involved in the process, or a lawyer defending from pregnant chads and such
10 posted on 11/11/2001 5:04:46 PM PST by Texas Cornhusker
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: Texas Cornhusker
Well, hello and welcome! He is a great man, and I believe we will see his name in the history books as the one who saved civilization.

Thanks for your comment, and may you have a successful career that NEVER involves chads, since I never want to EVER go through something like that again!

11 posted on 11/11/2001 5:14:07 PM PST by Miss Marple
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Welcome, TC...we always wonder how many lurkers there are out there. Don't be a stranger!
12 posted on 11/11/2001 5:14:08 PM PST by Timeout

I must admit that I haven't caught every speech of Dubya lately. It is definitely not Dubya fatigue but I am taking his advice and living my life. The condo board is trying to raise our maintenance fees for a $150K roof loan and they want us to pay it back in two years. I have organized my hallway and we are "ready to roll".

These pictures are as usual terrific. I'm glad to see POTUS revisiting what is sacred ground. I will wear my Thank God I Voted for Bush baseball cap tomorrow. Wish me luck at the condo meeting tomorrow night. I even made crude signs. lol

13 posted on 11/11/2001 5:16:21 PM PST by floriduh voter

Bush Tours World Trade Center Rubble, Calls It Reminder of 'terrible Harm' Inflicted on Country

By Ron Fournier The Associated Press
Published: Nov 11, 2001

NEW YORK (AP) - President Bush returned to the World Trade Center's smoking rubble on Sunday, two months after the Sept. 11 hijackings. In a Veterans Day tribute, he called on Americans to remember "the terrible harm that an enemy can inflict" as they reflect anew on the sacrifices of their nation's military.

The commander in chief said attacks on New York, Washington and Pennsylvania deepened the nation's debt to soldiers who fight abroad and police and firefighters who serve at home.

"The great purpose of our great land ... is to rid the world of evil and terror," Bush said at a Veterans Day breakfast as he thumped the lectern.

"Evil ones have roused a mighty nation, a mighty land. And for however long it takes, I am determined that we will prevail. And prevail we must, because we fight for one thing - and that is the freedom of our people and the freedom of people everywhere."

Several hundred veterans, uniformed soldiers and police jumped to their feet and filled a cavernous military armory building with applause. The speech, Bush's first Veterans Day address as president, were his only public remarks on the final day of his two-day U.N. visit.

He met privately with the presidents of South Africa, Argentina and Colombia before attending a U.N. ceremony at the site of the collapsed twin towers in lower Manhattan.

****Actor Ron Silver***** methodically read the names of each country that lost citizens in the Sept. 11 attacks. An honor guard carried each country's flag and planted it in stanchions set in front of the dignitaries.

Bush, his eyes watery, either by tears or the stinging smoke wafting up from the rubble, walked over to a wall listing the names of the nations. Just beneath the name of the United States, he wrote, "Good will triumph over evil. May God bless all of us. George W. Bush."

Rest of article is here:

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGA1NS89XTC.html

As I recall Ron Silver was the liberal actor who, at Klintoon's inauguration, caught himself from a negative remark when the fighter jets roared overhead during the festivities, and said, "Hey, .... those are OUR jets!" Creepy that he's the one announcing the names today.

14 posted on 11/11/2001 5:18:35 PM PST by STARWISE

I love looking at the pictures of our president shaking the hands of the people. I love the look on their faces, I love seeing all the hands streched out for him, look at the face of the man between President Bush and the man who apparently made the model of the WTC, it's absolutely beautiful.

BTW, I always get a kick out of the look on the face of the USSS agent looking straight into the camera, killer look! Every time there's a crowd picture there's a USSS agent glaring straight into the camera.

15 posted on 11/11/2001 5:19:04 PM PST by McGavin999

Welcome to FreeRepublic. You're going to love it here.
16 posted on 11/11/2001 5:20:52 PM PST by McGavin999

I loved the photo with the flag backdrop where Giuliani was introducing the President. What a cute smile W has there!
Here's my color-corrected copy:

17 posted on 11/11/2001 5:24:08 PM PST by petuniasevan

Welcome! I love your comments ..... and agree totally with your assessment of the impeached one ..... LOL!!!

Sounds to me like you fully qualify as a Bush Buck! .... glad to have you here!

18 posted on 11/11/2001 5:24:28 PM PST by kayak

I just want to say that today i my first day posting on this site.

Welcome Cornhusker! You sure set your 6th grade teacher straight on X42 the Sleazebag!

Anyhow, you joined FR on a good date - Nov 10th, the Marine Corps Birthday. So if you didn't know it then, you know it now and DON'T FORGET IT!!

Semper Fidelis,
Norb
PS - One last thing, commit those latin words to memory too, they are the Marine Corps motto, Always Faithful in english. Carry on!

19 posted on 11/11/2001 5:27:23 PM PST by Norb2569

Thank you, rintense! Phew! What a weekend!! How does he keep up with a schedule like that?! I felt really guilty this morning when I turned on my TV at 8:30 am while I was getting ready for church (not even done yet), and our President was already dressed up and at an event. And that was after a full day yesterday. I kinda felt like a slouch, you know?
20 posted on 11/11/2001 5:27:33 PM PST by esther2

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 121-126 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson