Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Look at Rice as if she were in your party
Detroit Free Press ^ | Rochelle Riley

Posted on 11/22/2001 9:48:13 PM PST by Hillary's Lovely Legs

Edited on 05/07/2004 7:12:11 PM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]

If she weren't a Republican, we black folks would be praying for her strength and celebrating how happy the elders must be looking down on her.

Just imagine, a little black girl who grew up in segregated schools in Birmingham, Ala., who became provost at Stanford University.

(Excerpt) Read more at freep.com ...

TOPICS: Culture/Society; Editorial
KEYWORDS: drcondoleezzarice
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-8081-87 next last

1 posted on 11/22/2001 9:48:13 PM PST by Hillary's Lovely Legs
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Hillary's Lovely Legs
Ha! Libs will never give Condi her kudos.
2 posted on 11/22/2001 9:53:09 PM PST by Psycho_Bunny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

The Al Sharpton,(we can't do anything without you and government) and Jesse Jackson (let's extort the White corporations) Blacks may not appreciate Ms. Rice but I sure do!
3 posted on 11/22/2001 9:55:37 PM PST by SAMWolf

Interesting. I was wondering if the black community was ever going to realize what gem Condi is for this country. Now they have to start to look again at Clarence Thomas and realize that there IS a black Supreme Court Justice who is probably one of the best thought of justices on the bench. They should take pride in the accomplishments of these wonderful people.
4 posted on 11/22/2001 10:00:41 PM PST by McGavin999

Isn't it ironic that the first black Sec. of State is a Republican and that the person who is most influencing US foreign policy, the most powerful woman in the country in the eyes of the rest of the world, is not only black woman but a Republican black woman serving at the behest of a Republican president. It's about time that the black community realize that the first black vice-presidential or presidential nominee is most likely to run with an (R) behind his/her name.

Looks like the real party of diversity and opportunity is the Republican party, not the Democrats who are so willing to cater to them before an election and leave them segregated behind the ranks of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton four weeks later.

5 posted on 11/22/2001 10:00:45 PM PST by MHT

And you (you = black voters) might ask yourselves these questions: Why do we robotically vote for the Demorat Party when they have never appointed anyone to such a high position? Why do we love Klintoon when the best he could do was appoint the (mysteriously late) Ron Brown to the cermonial position of Secretary of Commerce?
6 posted on 11/22/2001 10:01:13 PM PST by StockAyatollah

It is about time those folks in the other party figured out what a steady rock Condie Rice is. For them to ignore how important and accurate she is boggles the mind. She is a person I would vote for President without hesitation.
7 posted on 11/22/2001 10:01:18 PM PST by Ruth A.

To: Ruth A.
She is a person I would vote for President without hesitation.Can you imagine the Presidential campaign between Condoleezza Rice (R) and Hillary Clinton(D)??
8 posted on 11/22/2001 10:05:32 PM PST by SAMWolf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Hillary's Lovely Legs; Ernest_at_the_Beach
EATB- have you started a Condi link, YET?

She can be the first female President in 2008 if she wants it!

9 posted on 11/22/2001 10:07:08 PM PST by onyx

To: MHT
The Republican party gave blacks the right to vote !
10 posted on 11/22/2001 10:12:01 PM PST by america-rules
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

BUMP.
11 posted on 11/22/2001 10:16:37 PM PST by mrustow

I remember reading an interview with Condi Rice in which the interviewer asked her something about how amazing it is that as a black woman, she's come so far. She responded, "What do you mean, I've come so far? I'm fourth-generation college-educated!" I think the notion that a black woman can't get anywhere in this country offends her. I thought that was great!
12 posted on 11/22/2001 10:17:13 PM PST by GenXFreedomFighter

To: SAMWolf
I can imagine the Hildebeast walking away funny after a debate with Dr. Rice. And after the election. It is to laugh, how the leftists claim conservatives "hate strong, intelligent women" or "want to opress all females and keep them tied to the kitchen" when women like Dr. Rice, Lady Thatcher, both Bush first ladies seem to have no problems. Note to Commies: It's not the sex, stupid, it's the person.
I'm still waiting to see a strong, intelligent leftist woman...
13 posted on 11/22/2001 10:17:22 PM PST by Long Cut
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: Long Cut
I'm still waiting to see a strong, intelligent leftist woman...

Now that's mother of all oxymorons!!!

14 posted on 11/22/2001 10:20:02 PM PST by SAMWolf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: Long Cut
And yet the Democrats wanted to throw a pregnant Republican governor out of office because she was close to her due date. The fact that the mdia lets them get away with this is apalling.
15 posted on 11/22/2001 10:21:58 PM PST by GenXFreedomFighter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

I'm shocked!
16 posted on 11/22/2001 10:25:23 PM PST by WarPaint

"...As If She Were In Your Party." What dooes the writer mean Your Party?
17 posted on 11/22/2001 10:25:52 PM PST by Diogenez

To: SAMWolf
I'm serious, man. Leftist women seem to think they're ENTITLED to consideration based upon their existence and their shrillness. Both are annoying and neither indicate strength or intelligence. Instead they indicate self-centered whining idiocy. Just compare, say, the Hildebeast and Lady Thatcher for class, steadiness, brains, and all other leadership qualities. Even if one is a liberal, the winner is painfully obvious.
18 posted on 11/22/2001 10:27:23 PM PST by Long Cut
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Condi Bump! (Condi v. Hillary, 2008. Oh Doctor!)
19 posted on 11/22/2001 10:28:23 PM PST by Semper911

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONDI
20 posted on 11/22/2001 10:29:36 PM PST by Cool Guy

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-8081-87 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson